demonhunter in nighthold st/aoe fights

got a quick question about wich bosses should i go demonic build on in nighthold, i mean wich are more beneficial to go 3323333 on.
    i do know skorpyron for sure but wich other does the demonic build shine over regular 2223311?

yes im new into demonic but got me raddons today so i guess i start working on it
    if i take a chance without knownledge it would look like this?

skorpyron = aoe
    chrono = st
    trilliax = st
    spellblade = aoe
    tich = st
    krosus = st
    botanist = aoe
    star augor = st
    elisande = st
    guldan = st

I haven't got raddons, I have the shoulders (with convergence + 2 meta relics)

Honestly the aoe is great in mythic dungeons for trash, I can spend most of the instance in demo form.

In raids however, I've found losing the chaos blade just drops the damage output significantly, so I stick with the ST build

I have used demonic build once in trich fight as our ranged were having dps issues with the adds, so it was ideal for doing a good chunk of damage on them before they got to the range. Outside of that, Its never been worth it for me

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, Skorpyron is the only one you want to use demonic on (and only if you want to pad). Botanist I do better with the standard CB build than Demonic, and Spellblade you only have AoE for very small windows so I doubt it'll be better.

i wouldnt go demonic on anything other than skorp, on the other hand, raddons might be viable on tich and aluriel with normal build, depending on your raid aoe capabilities and strategy, getting several extra eyebeams will be far better than what most other legs can offer

Deleted
    If you are required to do damage on adds because you lack enough cleave/ranged dps I advise you to go demonic on Skorp, Aluriel, Ticho and Gul'dan.
    Even if your overall damage should get lower, it's better than dying in adds).
    Same with botanist: Who cares about p1 and p2. Even if your overall damage gets lower, your dps in p3 (the only phase that many groups struggle on) gets significately higher.

Speaking for normal and heroic, don't know about mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    If you are required to do damage on adds because you lack enough cleave/ranged dps I advise you to go demonic on Skorp, Aluriel, Ticho and Gul'dan.
    Even if your overall damage should get lower, it's better than dying in adds).
    Same with botanist: Who cares about p1 and p2. Even if your overall damage gets lower, your dps in p3 (the only phase that many groups struggle on) gets significately higher.

Speaking for normal and heroic, don't know about mythic.
    If you're struggling on heroic Botanist, then going Demonic might help. But on mythic you should never spec Demonic, since the bosses start all up, but heal when one is killed, meaning any damage done to the others is purely wasted, and like in heroic, the fight only gets harder the further in you go.

Currently i am playing Deminic build and im loving it. In some situations that requires movement and have adds every now and then the demonic can be powerfull especially if you have raddons. If you time your fel rush with blade dance and have max fury or vengefull retreat and eye then you can have some nice dps.

Deleted
    Don't know exactly but... on heroic with 3 Bosses up and the occasional adds I can almost chain one meta after another. So on mythic, while the damage on the 2 other botanists may be wasted, if you manage to chain metas the single target dps should be pretty high too. Plus you your selfheal is nuts.
    Another advice: If you tend to die often, go demonic :P

Deleted
    For normal/heroic play what you like best - though I see the best results going demonic on skorpy and tich (I have Raddons)
    On mythic going demonic for skorpyron if you play the normal strat isn't even really necessary in my opinion. Don't really know about the rest.

skorpyron = aoe

spellblade = aoe

botanist = aoe
    AoEing on Skorpyron does nothing, you should only use the adds to increase your single target damage to Skorp (e.g. spells that increase their damage with number of targets hit, like our Fury of the Illidari). People that go ham on it and use things like Eye Beam just to kill it faster actually trigger me, as they occasionally deny me from doing more damage to Skorp by killing the adds too fast.

Spellblade isn't really AoE. She has AoE 'phases', and they're strictly AoE only in Normal. Heroic adds mechanics to them that are specifically made to make them harder to just pack and AoE, except for Arcane phase (so you could say Heroic has 1 AoE phase). Most of the fight is still single target.

Botanist isn't AoE at all, it's 3 targets maximum - cleave is a more appropriate description for it. Ironically, this is (probably) your best fight with the Demonic build.
    Last edited by razkah; 2017-03-22 at 11:00 PM.

Demonic build for Skorpyron (3323333). Cookie Cutter build for all others (2221311). Fel Eruption is viable on a few fights over Nemisis (e.g. Guldan). Bloodlet is also viable over First Blood on Botanist if you have mo'args bracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razkah View Post
    Spellblade isn't really AoE. She has AoE 'phases', and they're strictly AoE only in Normal. Heroic adds mechanics to them that are specifically made to make them harder to just pack and AoE, except for Arcane phase (so you could say Heroic has 1 AoE phase). Most of the fight is still single target.
    You can and should stack up the frost and arcane adds on Spellblade. But I agree, it's burst AoE, which likely isn't worth losing the ST of the normal build over

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can and should stack up the frost and arcane adds on Spellblade. But I agree, it's burst AoE, which likely isn't worth losing the ST of the normal build over
    Yeah true, Frost mobs are stacked, but the phases mechanic is still about single target dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razkah View Post
    Yeah true, Frost mobs are stacked, but the phases mechanic is still about single target dps
    It might be different on mythic (We're only starting progress today), but on heroic we've done just fine by AoE zerging them all down at the same time.

In HC I would use Demonic only on Skorp and Tich. And Tich only then when you tank the Adds in the boss (which we do).