Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because it isn't illegal to be an advocate for people who break laws?
    How is it not illegal to ask people for money to help some losers commit criminal activities?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Nope. You're not required to carry any sort of ID whatsoever anywhere in the US. Of course, you need a driver's license if you're driving but that's it.
    They did pass a papers-please level law in Arizona several years ago that encourages police profiling and asking for documentation. Assume that's still around but not sure. Made a huge splash at the the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    When the server is saying "I need to check your proof of citizenship before I can serve you" then yeah it is because that's bollocks. It's literally none of his business and it's a question I can guarantee you he wouldn't be asking other select clients of the restaurant.
    Ah, sorry, I skimmed through the story in a bad way; I thought the person was asked for the documentation in a hotel. In a restaurant, indeed, it is a very weird request, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Must be really hard to read the story, ether way the waiter has no right to ask any personal questions period.

To answer ur question, Yes they was legal.

probably it was just some lower class plebs that wanted to be in a fancy restaurant, and the door personal made a mistake, the waiter corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Imagine this.

Say 10 people a day get harassed for their "papers" or proof of citizenship. I'm lowballing it at 10 to say the least.

Which ones are likely to make the news?

Random girl on the street harassed by frat guys for 5 minutes.

Pro immigration activist who is asked for her papers at a high profile restaurant.

There, I just made the story make sense for you. Have a nice day.
    So you also just make up details to fill in the blanks.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So you just fill in all the holes in the story with your own imagination? That seems reasonable to you?
    Yeah. It's what the brain does. And it flows naturally for this story. More naturally than possibility this is some hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    How is it not illegal to ask people for money to help some losers commit criminal activities?
    Are you for real? Do you think they're actively helping people cross the border illegally, or something? Because that's about the only way they would be helping people commit criminal activities. Because everything else isn't a crime. Just being here isn't a crime in and of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So you just fill in all the holes in the story with your own imagination? That seems reasonable to you?
    I don't think anyone can claim regressive leftists (elaina) are reasonable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Are you for real? Do you think they're actively helping people cross the border illegally, or something? Because that's about the only way they would be helping people commit criminal activities. Because everything else isn't a crime. Just being here isn't a crime in and of itself.
    Just being here illegally (no, really) is a crime. People who have lived in the country illegally for 10 years have committed a continous 10-year crime. What are you smoking?

How do you even get the idea that only the crossing of the border is illegal?
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-03-20 at 04:45 AM.

Good. The twat deserved to be fired.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you also just make up details to fill in the blanks.
    Which details did I put in what blanks? Because both of those are missing from my post. I merely pointed out that the circumstances of this aren't nearly as crazy as you're trying to claim they are. Because let's be honest, you'll heavily scrutinize something you don't like.

And you will unquestioningly believe extraordinary stories that you agree with without a second thought.

As I said, you don't really seem all that interested in questioning the extraordinary circumstances when the thread is going the other direction.

But confirmation bias is a pretty common thing among humans, so don't feel too bad that you have a bad case of it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Yeah. It's what the brain does. And it flows naturally for this story. More naturally than possibility this is some hoax.
    Agree to disagree, I guess? Mentally filling in blanks leads to a lot of witch hunts. Anyway, I'm not sure why you all are so invested in whether or not I believe the story is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Which details did I put in what blanks? Because both of those are missing from my post. I merely pointed out that the circumstances of this aren't nearly as crazy as you're trying to claim they are. Because let's be honest, you'll heavily scrutinize something you don't like.

And you will unquestioningly believe extraordinary stories that you agree with without a second thought.

As I said, you don't really seem all that interested in questioning the extraordinary circumstances when the thread is going the other direction.

But confirmation bias is a pretty common thing among humans, so don't feel too bad that you have a bad case of it.
    I don't have the slightest clue what you're basing all these assumptions regarding my biases on. What are you talking about?
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the slightest clue what you're basing all these assumptions regarding my biases on. What are you talking about?
    I await seeing you in every single thread, questioning its circumstances, including ones which you may agree with and want to believe are real.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

If you don't live in the real world. This guy had worked there for a long-time. It's an upper level restaurant so it's bound to have tourists from other places (yes, especially latin tourists). They haven't had any problems with him before.

And you don't see anything odd.

RIGHT.

Agree to disagree, I guess? Mentally filling in blanks leads to a lot of witch hunts. Anyway, I'm not sure why you all are so invested in whether or not I believe the story is true.
    Filling in the blanks is just because we can't really know the full context and motivations of the story and probably wont. I'm not implying that there are "holes" in the story in the traditional sense. It honestly doesn't seem that fishy to me so I'm wondering why it does for you.

Just being here illegally (no, really) is a crime. What are you smoking?
    I'm smoking the facts:
    http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/201...-presence.html
    https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/FI...IC_VERSION.pdf
    http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...awfully-crime/

Before you look at the Politifact one and go "Look, it's Mostly True instead of True!", I'll just point out the only reason they marked it as such was because they think it's easy to mix it up with illegal entry.

Basically, if you think that 'unlawful' equates to 'crime', then I'm a hardened criminal with my 5+ parking tickets. You better what out, you never know when I might park with my wheels turned the wrong way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Seems like a pretty big Non-story. like 99% of the Outrage articles I see these days.
    A waiter makes a racist assumption and you call it a Non-story? Maybe that is why America has race relations issues that no other first world country does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Filling in the blanks is just because we can't really know the full context and motivations of the story and probably wont. I'm not implying that there are "holes" in the story in the traditional sense. It honestly doesn't seem that fishy to me so I'm wondering why it does for you.
    He can't fathom that a racist person would work at an upscale restaurant, and would only come out of the closet as racist once Trump was elected.

Honestly, the first part confuses me as well. Most closet racists have a hard time telling their right hand from their left. So being a waiter is out of the question.

I await seeing you in every single thread, questioning its circumstances, including ones which you may agree with and want to believe are real.
    So you have no idea what I do and don't believe, and if I don't believe this story then I need to pick apart every story that ever gets posted on this site? Actually, the couple of threads I've posted in today have served as a fantastic reminder of how shit the discussion is on this site so you won't see me in any other threads, because between the Trump buttboys and the people like you that are so determined to avoid victim blaming that you believe anything, this shit is insufferable.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I don't think anyone can claim regressive leftists (elaina) are reasonable
    Yawn - here we go again.

Yes, because taking a fairly straightforward story at face value instead of jumping to conclusions and immediately assuming it is a hoax for no reason demonstrates a clear lack of reason and lucidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one should be asking for your citizen status unless they have a legal right to do so as part of the justice system. By being in an American restaurant and buying their product you're giving taxes to the American Government and revenue to the American economy, which is pretty much the most American thing you can do in terms of eating in this country.

If they're hear illegally we need to determine if they crossed into the country illegally, and if it was under duress or not. If they snuck in without being under duress they should be sent back. If someone is here and simply has overstayed their visa they should be allowed to stay if they're in the process of getting it renewed, or if they can provide proof that they've started that process in the next month.

As long as the people here are paying taxes and not causing trouble, I don't have a problem with them as long as they're working on their citizen ship, or escaping immoral persecution.