Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    It's more to do with being able to setup trade deals in a more dynamic fashion than the EU can. The EU needs agreement between all its members and any of them can throw a spanner in the works to drag the process out even longer just to get its own little concessions in. It's why trade deals with the EU can have run as long as 13 years in the making. Not to mention their rules on quotas.
    yes, you are right we should give the EU more power so they can negotiation over the wishes of the nation states...
    Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yes, you were. However when you say that experts do not predict a recession the implication is that they do not agree with his point when the reality is that they have not predicted one because they do not have enough data to make the prediction.
    Just look at the forecasts. Based on the data they have their best predictions are that there will not be a recession. As I've said, they could be horribly wrong but at present that is exactly what they are saying.

https://www.ft.com/content/68c61094-...0-b48ed7b6126f

Even based on trading on WTO rules, the forecasts range from predicting anywhere from a 2-10% reduction in GDP growth. That is a slowing of the economy, but not a recession.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    In the meantime, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are moving employees to mainland Europe. The exodus of the banks is beginning...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...rankfurt-paris
    Great news they are expanding yes? So they are moving a "few hundred" out of thousands and thousands of staff, hardly a mass exodus is it.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Great news they are expanding yes? So they are moving a "few hundred" out of thousands and thousands of staff, hardly a mass exodus is it.
    That's some cute delusions there. Keep lying to yourself. Also, I didn't say mass exodus. Not even they know how much they're going to change as that depends on the state of the negotiations. But apparently, you're hell bent on pep-talking everything so it fits your dream. Go ahead, don't let me stop you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Goldman Sachs and co. would be stupid not to plan ahead and you cannot exit and keep the "finance passport". They need an office outside of UK and will not set up camp late in Feb 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Just look at the forecasts. Based on the data they have their best predictions are that there will not be a recession. As I've said, they could be horribly wrong but at present that is exactly what they are saying.

https://www.ft.com/content/68c61094-...0-b48ed7b6126f

Even based on trading on WTO rules, the forecasts range from predicting anywhere from a 2-10% reduction in GDP growth. That is a slowing of the economy, but not a recession.
    That was published the day after the referendum and as such some of the predictions are already out of date.

There are other (unknown) factors at play which could mean that a slow down in growth could cause a recession which why the people making the predictions choose their language very carefully and do not state either way.

However I leave with what the Treasury had to say about these predictions;

Isn't a forecast for 2030 absurd, since economic forecasts for even two years ahead fail?

This is to misunderstand the exercise the Treasury has carried out. As stated, the Treasury is estimating the difference between two possible futures on the basis of a decision regarding Britain’s trading relationship. That does not require accurate forecasts, just a good understanding of the effect of trade on prosperity.

It is the same as saying, “We do not know how heavy you will be in 15 years, but if you drink a bottle of cola a day, we are pretty sure you will be fatter than if you keep off the sugar.”

Alternatively: “We do not know when you will die, but are pretty sure it will be earlier if you maintain your 20-a-day cigarette habit.”

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Nice democracy m8
    Hey, democracy is all about choice. People disliking and arguing with said choice is fair game tho. In fact, it's a good thing, since it can lead to a discussion and then to a better choice next time.

Reminds me of a quote "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", not sure from whom it was tho.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    I like this move. You don't see EgyptAir maintaining a Berlin-Frankfurt route for a reason.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    UK will be an important hub but the days of being the financial center are gone. It will hurt the UK for sure.
    The new powerhouse will probably be Frankfurt.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    at least we are making jobs out of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Goldman Sachs and co. would be stupid not to plan ahead and you cannot exit and keep the "finance passport". They need an office outside of UK and will not set up camp late in Feb 2019.
    Goldman Sachs major £1/2 bn investment in its glistening new London HQ coming to fruition and still on course to open next year, more great brexit news! Just being fitted out....

http://www.building.co.uk/isg-bags-%...086284.article

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I like this move. You don't see EgyptAir maintaining a Berlin-Frankfurt route for a reason.
    Why do you like terrible news for Europe? Or is it just the Irish you want to hurt? Got to be awful news for Irish based Ryanair and employees. Oh well if the EU want to shoot themselves in the foot, Britain can't stop them any more. Another perk the EU has lost from Brexit, prevention of self-harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The new powerhouse will probably be Frankfurt.
    Probably? Germany already is the EU and the EU is Germany, if in Sweden you are happy with your German masters policies then no problem, enjoy!
    Last edited by dribbles; 2017-03-22 at 01:11 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Why do you like terrible news for Europe? Or is it just the Irish you want to hurt? Got to be awful news for Irish based Ryanair and employees. Oh well if the EU want to shoot themselves in the foot, Britain can't stop them any more. Another perk the EU has lost from Brexit, prevention of self-harm.
    "Ryanair is headquartered in Ireland, and will not have to relocate, but it has been reported that 60% of the Dublin-registered airline’s capital shares are owned by EU nationals. This will be reduced to 40% once UK shareholders are excluded, making it vital to increase its EU ownership to comply with regulations."
    no, ryanair will not get a really hard time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    "Ryanair is headquartered in Ireland, and will not have to relocate, but it has been reported that 60% of the Dublin-registered airline’s capital shares are owned by EU nationals. This will be reduced to 40% once UK shareholders are excluded, making it vital to increase its EU ownership to comply with regulations."
    no, ryanair will not get a really hard time.
    Didn't Michael O Leary describe it as armagedon? Oh maybe that's not a hard time, doesn't sound like a celebration to me though for the EU based airline.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Michael O Leary describe it as armagedon? Oh maybe that's not a hard time, doesn't sound like a celebration to me though for the EU based airline.
    "Michael O’Leary, has already warned of the huge dangers to the industry of a “cliff-edge” Brexit, and criticised the “mildly lunatic optimism” of the British government."
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "Michael O’Leary, has already warned of the huge dangers to the industry of a “cliff-edge” Brexit, and criticised the “mildly lunatic optimism” of the British government."
    i have to add
    -One executive does not discount the European commission’s warning. Michael O’Leary, chief executive of Ryanair – who campaigned in vain against what he calls “the stupidest decision the Brits have ever made” – says: “There isn’t going to be another arrangement. There’s a real prospect that the UK will be dumped out.”

armageddon? yes, but for the uk seems

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably? Germany already is the EU and the EU is Germany, if in Sweden you are happy with your German masters policies then no problem, enjoy!
    You really fear Germany dont you, you are like Cybran v2. I can buy you a teddy bear so you sleep better at night.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Hey, democracy is all about choice. People disliking and arguing with said choice is fair game tho. In fact, it's a good thing, since it can lead to a discussion and then to a better choice next time.

Reminds me of a quote "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", not sure from whom it was tho.
    Telling people on the opposite side to die in a fire doesnt leave much room for discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    You really fear Germany dont you, you are like Cybran v2. I can buy you a teddy bear so you sleep better at night.
    Fear is not the right word, begrudging respect maybe but a healthy distrust for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Telling people on the opposite side to die in a fire doesnt leave much room for discussion.
    Being anonymus removes all restrains for some people that keeps them for being jackasses. That's a whole another topic.