Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Capitulation from Barnier already, that was quick.

"It’s not too early to sketch out its parameters. At the heart of that partnership there will be a free trade agreement that we will negotiate on in due course. That free trade agreement will be sui generis, it will be unlike any existing one so we need to prepare for that.

"We agree with Theresa May when in her recent speech she talked of a bold and ambitious free trade agreement. Yes indeed we can share ambition."

Now we just have to agree how much the EU will pay the UK for this agreement and access to our markets. Pass me a slice of cake please - time to eat.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...eal-Britain-UK
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

"It’s not too early to sketch out its parameters. At the heart of that partnership there will be a free trade agreement that we will negotiate on in due course. That free trade agreement will be sui generis, it will be unlike any existing one so we need to prepare for that.

"We agree with Theresa May when in her recent speech she talked of a bold and ambitious free trade agreement. Yes indeed we can share ambition."

Now we just have to agree how much the EU will pay the UK for this agreement and access to our markets. Pass me a slice of cake please - time to eat.

Mr Barnier also insisted that there is no attempt to "punish" Britain for leaving the club, but said he will hit Britain with a £50 billion exit bill because it had to honour commitments it had already made.

Sorry UK, thou shalt not eat our cake !

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

he also said

"We shall be firm, we shall be friendly, we will never be naive."

In other word, don't mistake friendliness for weakness and don't try to take advantage.

You really only pick the bits and pieces that you like to hear. Attitudes like that have the tendency to hit you in the back eventually.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic;45061229a
    Really good, actually. Econamy is strong, unemployment is down, the average swede is doing better than ever.
    Why?
    I'm sorry but we are at an all time low bnp and a really high unemployment.

Our current gov is not going to survive the next election.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's in the EU's best interest to fuck us over though, in order to encourage other countries who may get ideas of leaving to stay. If the UK leaves and ends up better off as a result, then it'll strengthen the Frexit and Gexit and Netherlexit etc supporters all across the EU, which isn't good for the EU as an establishment.
    No it's not. Nobody is fucking anyone over this anymore. The EU just wants it done already so it can move on, there are no other countries that want to leave the union, at least in the near future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You really only pick the bits and pieces that you like to hear. Attitudes like that have the tendency to hit you in the back eventually.
    You mean like Deutsche Bank announcing today they are leaving Frankfurt to set up their new HQ in London? That kind of stab in the back you mean? Must hurt being one of your own and all...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...curing-new-hq/

(I hope given their perilous financial state the landlords have taken a hefty deposit!)
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Blizzard releasing ToS just the day before.... usual Blizz tactics

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    You mean like Deutsche Bank announcing today they are leaving Frankfurt to set up their new HQ in London? That kind of stab in the back you mean? Must hurt being one of your own and all...

(I hope given their perilous financial state the landlords have taken a hefty deposit!)
    Since when is "Winchester House" in Frankfurt ?

You do realise that story is essentially business will move to a different building when the lease on existing building expires?

15+ Year Old Account

What else happens in your alternate reality?

I mean from your own link:
    Deutsche Bank has agreed a 25-year lease for the building currently under construction near Moorgate station, in the heart of London’s financial district.
    It will leave Winchester House, its current base, where its lease expires in 2023. The lender also has several other leases which will expire in the coming years, and over time hopes to reduce its presence from the current 15 buildings in London.

Nothing in the article says anything about Frankfurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Since when is "Winchester House" in Frankfurt ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You do realise that story is essentially business will move to a different building when the lease on existing building expires?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What else happens in your alternate reality?

I mean from your own link:
    Deutsche Bank has agreed a 25-year lease for the building currently under construction near Moorgate station, in the heart of London’s financial district.
    It will leave Winchester House, its current base, where its lease expires in 2023. The lender also has several other leases which will expire in the coming years, and over time hopes to reduce its presence from the current 15 buildings in London.

Nothing in the article says anything about Frankfurt.
    But But But you remoaners are telling me about an exit of banks from London to Frankfurt or Paris and yet here is Germanys biggest bank from Frankfurt making long term plans for HQ in London.

If a Frankfurt bank can't move from London to Frankfurt who exactly can?

Please pass me some more of that EU cake. Tbh am getting a bit full now, would you like some?

But But But you remoaners are telling me about an exit of banks from London to Frankfurt or Paris and yet here is Germanys biggest bank from Frankfurt making long term plans for HQ in London.

Please pass me some more of that EU cake. Tbh am getting a bit full now, would you like some?
    Uhm, okay.

Of course they are making long term plans but if you had read the article instead of the headline you would know that those plans include scaling back its UK presence.

15+ Year Old Account

Again, from your very own link:
    "Deutsche's decision to commit to the capital in the longer term is in stark contrast to Goldman Sachs, which on Tuesday began acting on its Brexit contingency plans, confirming that jobs will be moved out of London while "hundreds" of roles will be added across Europe."

The Frankfurt bank has it´s base already since about 100 years in Frankfurt, what in the world are you talking about?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, from your very own link:
    "Deutsche's decision to commit to the capital in the longer term is in stark contrast to Goldman Sachs, which on Tuesday began acting on its Brexit contingency plans, confirming that jobs will be moved out of London while "hundreds" of roles will be added across Europe."

The Frankfurt bank has it´s base already since about 100 years in Frankfurt, what in the world are you talking about?
    And again as I evidenced in an earlier link re Goldman Sachs whose new HQ in London also opens, following an ongoing 100 million fit out happening right now,next year out of thousands and thousands of staff employed in the UK a handful are moving to Europe. Whoop di doo EU is that the best you can do?

This is very good, it cant happen fast enough!

Hopefully more countries will follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    And again as I evidenced in an earlier link re Goldman Sachs whose new HQ in London also opens, following an ongoing 100 million fit out happening right now,next year out of thousands and thousands of staff employed in the UK a handful are moving to Europe. Whoop di doo EU is that the best you can do?
    What do you mean with "EU is that the best you can do?"?

The EU did nothing sofar.

The weak pound makes it attractive for foreign companies to make capital investments in the UK. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that it had been claimed that international banks are going to withdraw from the UK this is not the case. Banks and financial institutes are going to remain in the UK no matter what deal is or is not struck between the UK and the EU. However they will reduce their presence in the UK if the UK side of the business becomes less profitable.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean with "EU is that the best you can do?"?

The EU did nothing sofar.
    Seriously? France and Germany have been having trade fairs, one to one meetings left right and centre trying to grab a slice of the London financial pie. Respectively one has been told to go away and learn to speak English, the others biggest bank has just today reaffirmed long term massive investment and commitment to London. Have you been on holiday or something? The EU did nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The weak pound makes it attractive for foreign companies to make capital investments in the UK. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that it had been claimed that international banks are going to withdraw from the UK this is not the case. Banks and financial institutes are going to remain in the UK no matter what deal is or is not struck between the UK and the EU. However they will reduce their presence in the UK if the UK side of the business becomes less profitable.
    Well it's arguable that the pound has been too strong for too long and even now is 10% higher than 2008 vs Euro and at a perhaps more realistic long term level. Just a few pages earlier posters here claimed a mass exodus of banks from London was taking place, when all the evidence points to continued presence here. As to if Britain will be less or more profitable after who knows, but my guess freed from EU shackles it will be super boom time.

The EU has held the UK back for decades.

Well it's arguable that the pound has been too strong for too long and even now is 10% higher than 2008 vs Euro and at a perhaps more realistic long term level. Just a few pages earlier posters here claimed a mass exodus of banks from London was taking place, when all the evidence points to continued presence here. As to if Britain will be less or more profitable after who knows, but my guess freed from EU shackles it will be super boom time.

The EU has held the UK back for decades.
    Yeah, I for one love having to pay an extra fiver every time I fill the car up despite the price of oil decreasing. And who is not be over the moon with the price of food increasing?!? I mean it is great that due to the falling pound inflation is outstripping wages.

The banks were always going to remain in the UK, the exodus you speak of is due to your lack of understanding of the situation. To be honest after reading your posts I think your guess can be discarded as nonsense.