Eurovision 2017: harmony, unity, diversity, international conflict

With less than two months until 2017s most important cultural and voting event, another major problem has occurred. Against staff resignations, a possible ineligible entry and a hostile backdrop, the Russian selection, Julia Samoylova, has been barred from traveling to the event host due to entering the Crimea from Russia, a decision which may not be surprising. The Russian Foreign Minister is apparently outraged, and the EBU is trying to broker a settlement. Across the bookmakers, Italy is currently the clear favorite to win, with Bulgaria, Sweden and Belgium also receiving much betting, with strong showings from ex-Yugoslav countries and some commentators thinking this could be Australia's year in Europe.

Eurovision 2017: Ukraine bars Russian singer Samoilova from contest

Ukraine bans Russian wheelchair-using Eurovision singer from finals Ukraine bans Russian wheelchair-using Eurovision singer from finals

Meet Isaiah, Australia's third Eurovision representative

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Eurovision...2017s most important cultural and voting event...
    It truly is the highlight of the year.

...in Malta and Brighton.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's quite possible Russia was never going to even attend the contest this year and used the disabled singer as a scapegoat for their political interests aka creating this conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Eurovision Politics Contest, where countries circle jerk each other for some brownie points - pretty much why Terry Wogan quit when it started turning into nothing but a political arse licking fest.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Deleted
    Eurovision is 2017s most important cultural event... on what planet?

Cheesy songs and politicized voting?

So same as usual then!