Mythic + Violet Hold

So I was running the 4 mythics for the weekly quest , and suddenly it dawned on me - why are there keys for this dungeon ? Seem odd to exclude a single one. Is it because of the skip able trash ? Wouldn't it be easier to turn off the crystals for mythic + rather than just ignore the dungeon ? I realise this old news , just never paid attention to the fact that there are no keys for VH .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    So I was running the 4 mythics for the weekly quest , and suddenly it dawned on me - why are there keys for this dungeon ? Seem odd to exclude a single one. Is it because of the skip able trash ? Wouldn't it be easier to turn off the crystals for mythic + rather than just ignore the dungeon ? I realise this old news , just never paid attention to the fact that there are no keys for VH .
    It is because the instance in itself is timed with the portal and does not fit the mythic+ format.
    Last edited by Liandryl; 2017-03-22 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    because you cannot speed it up. The timers on packs are set and you cannot chain pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    because you cannot speed it up. The timers on packs are set and you cannot chain pull.
    the can add a gong like they did in SoNT in MoP for the 2nd boss.

Deleted
    Also, the bosses are selected at random, which could easily destroy your run, its just not consistent (and boring most of all..)

You guys list valid reasons. Still I think they could've pulled it off with a gong like item to pull the next pac, like dawave said. And the random nature of bosses would be a cool aspect imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually you don't even have to add anything , just change the functionality of the crystals - in mythic+ they summon the next pax , instead of killing the current one .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if there was a gong type of mechanic it would probably be the easier m+, also there's no where to go it's just one room.

Spam click "gong" type mechanic pull whole thing at once.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys list valid reasons. Still I think they could've pulled it off with a gong like item to pull the next pac, like dawave said. And the random nature of bosses would be a cool aspect imho.
    The entire dungeon would become a dps race. You can do nothing with chooseing specific routes, have no choice of which adds you want to kill and will just be a boring speed run. There are also alot of affixes, that would not really work in Violet Hold. So, many of the things that is supposed to make M+ harder, more exiting or just interesting, does not work in VH and instead of reworking the entire instance for M+, they just removed it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiting in one big circle for Necrotic/Sanguine with no danger of pulling a patrol, next trash pack is the height of challenge.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to see it added, simply because I like the dungeon and the bosses, I do understand why they didn't do it. As others already mentioned, it doesn't really fit into the system. I would love it if they would try to add it maybe just in a later patch, and if it really doesn't work they could either remove it again or just leave it as is and never do it again in the future.

They could add every pull into the room at the same time to prevent massive kiting... but then the bosses are random, so you'd have to fix two of those in place as well. At some point, it's not the same dungeon anymore. Alternatively, you could make it so the next wave spawns upon a pull completion, and stack a debuff that hits when you move, since it's not a very movement-heavy instance outside of running from pack to pack.

All in all, it just doesn't fit into the M+ system. I'd rather they just left it out than try to shoehorn it in with some weird mechanics.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    No matter what you do, you can not speed up the instance. The trash and bosses are on fixed timers. Since M+ is about beating timers and being as fast as possible, this isntance simply does not fit the M+ format.

They could've done something like they did in CM back in MoP with the gong, where you could ring the gong to get the next wave yourself. So applied to VH, all that is needed is a button to conjure the next portal. I do not know why they did not do this. I am thinking that maybe it has something to do with having different bosses per week on top of the Affixes, but you could randomize that for M+ just like the items in CoS are random.

Deleted
    Sometimes things just can't work and this is one of those situations.