Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you think Blizzard will implement Pristine Realms for the next xpack?

The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - No cross realm (suggested by Nemmar)
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-22 at 10:58 PM.

They already went back on that idea
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

They were and are never going to do it. It was just lip service to the rabid muppets spam posting about the good 'ol days.

Glad to see that their PR gloss was so convincing that some people believed it though.

Deleted
    Again .... ?

Such a thread crops up once a wekk by now. We just had Expansion-specific realms, now pritine Realms, whats next weeks flavor?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    They already went back on that idea
    Any blues on that? With current pattern, a slow but eventual death is inevitable. That's what sub numbers are suggesting. Why Blizzard avoids novelty like a plague when the game desperately needs it is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Again .... ?

Such a thread crops up once a wekk by now. We just had Expansion-specific realms, now pritine Realms, whats next weeks flavor?
    Pristine realm is coined by Blizzard, it's not my idea.

- - - Updated - - -

And finally, if there is another thread, a moderator can merge this one. Otherwise, spare your noise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i hope so, i can't stand how easy wow is becoming. If they ever added it i would switch in a heartbeat.
    I'd as well with one condition: Hard reset to achievements, mounts, pets and alike. This one only applies to Pristine Realms, obviously.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-22 at 02:55 PM.

Waiting for it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may add a new lvling system. Similar like diablo or path of exile.

Normal realm: This is what it is right now
    Hardcore realm: A bit harder monsters and bosses (must finish normal lvl cap to reach hard cap)
    Cruel realm: If you die, your character ends in hardcore realm. (aka gets a server transver)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Pristine realm is coined by Blizzard, it's not my idea.
    It was a very raw idea that was just brought as an example in one interview

Vanilla/Pristine whatever you want to call it will never come from Blizzard, I think that's been made clear in the past ~10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Cruel realm: If you die, your character ends in hardcore realm. (aka gets a server transver)
    Pointless since raid bosses aren't tuned to be 1 shot

The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?
    Never going to happen.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

After the shitty reception they got I doubt it. Was just a way of attempting to quell the whole Legacy crap that was going on at the time and failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They may add a new lvling system. Similar like diablo or path of exile.

Normal realm: This is what it is right now
    Hardcore realm: A bit harder monsters and bosses (must finish normal lvl cap to reach hard cap)
    This has some potential maintainability problems on their end. Managing 4 different raid/dg difficulties in 2 (potentially 3) different types of realms can be challenging and expensive.

Idk if i would want that unless they made mounts like the old ways, being much harder to get. If they were still easy AF like achievements they might as well keep it.
    That may require an intense rework on how mounts are dropped/rewarded etc. Not sure how feasible it would be. One thing we have to keep in mind when it comes to Pristine Realms is feasibility. While putting resource to developing Pristine Realms, Blizzard can't overspend their resources. I think our expectations should consider that as well.

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-22 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Dear jesus, let it die!
    Please don't...This game desperately needs less convenience and more difficulty in trivial things, like leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

The things you listed is pretty much exactly what i want in wow, so if pristine realms do come out i hope thats what they have.
    I've added some more clarification/elements like going back to old level requirements for mounts 40/60 and training being very expensive.

This is already in the game. All you need to do is click a check-box in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    This is already in the game. All you need to do is click a check-box in the settings.
    Are you talking about "Display only character achievements to others"? That doesn't show to me, but to others.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Pristine Realms sound like a horrible business idea. Everyone has a different idea of what one should be and the concept of simply making one is enough to make that crowd rage about it no matter how they implement it. It is entirely a lose-lose situation for Blizzard.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Pristine Realms sound like a horrible business idea. Everyone has a different idea of what one should be and the concept of simply making one is enough to make that crowd rage about it no matter how they implement it. It is entirely a lose-lose situation for Blizzard.
    This argument applies to everything being implemented in normal realms. Everyone has a different idea on how things should be. I believe it is the exact opposite. People want pristine realms for a reason and that reason is common; harder and less convenient game.

I doubt it.
    I simply don't think there are enough people that would be intrested in one for more than a few weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we are not gonna get that any soon or ever actually. It is a fun idea, but does not really score that much money or player count over time. I am expecting a leveling change overall instead of a pristine realm really

They just need to improve the current game, not trying to make servers who might cater to a specfic group of the playerbase.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This argument applies to everything being implemented in normal realms. Everyone has a different idea on how things should be. I believe it is the exact opposite. People want pristine realms for a reason and that reason is common; harder and less convenient game.
    You're going to need to prove that it is a "common" desire amoung the playerbase. Especially since they already took it off the table, meaning that they already think it was a bad idea.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!