Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool Federal Judge Rules Against Blocking Travel Ban EO

A federal judge in Virginia ruled Friday against blocking President Trump’s executive order that called for temporarily stopping the entry of immigrants from six majority-Muslim nations and refugee admittance overall.

The decision against the injunction comes after federal judges in Maryland and Hawaii blocked the implementation of Trump’s executive order nationwide. The ruling in Maryland is set to be heard before an appeals court in May. These two past decisions keep the order at bay.
    Judge Anthony Trenga of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia found that Trump was within his legal rights to impose the travel ban and that it was not discriminatory toward Muslims. The injunction had been brought forward by Palestinian activist Linda Sarsour, who was represented by an attorney from the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Trenga, a George W. Bush appointee, wrote in his opinion that “the President has unqualified authority to bar physical entry to the United States at the border.” He said that the executive order makes no mention of religion and has a “state secular purpose” of protecting U.S. citizens from terrorist attacks.
    The Hawaiian federal judge who knocked down the executive order cited past statements from Trump on the campaign trail talking about a “Muslim ban.” Judge Trenga, however, wrote, “In that regard, the Supreme Court has held that ‘past actions [do not] forever taint any effort on [the government’s] part to deal with the subject matter.'”

A Department of Justice spokeswoman said in a statement, “The Department of Justice is pleased with the ruling. As the Court correctly explains, the President’s Executive Order falls well within his authority to safeguard the nation’s security.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/24/ju...ck-travel-ban/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy that it was about security if it actually banned any countries terrorists have been coming from.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    West coast best coast. Your Muslim ban is still blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

While I think the restriction is typically pointless bureaucratic bullshit, it's obviously not unconstitutional.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Misleading titles are misleading. As per what YOU posted and I bolded, nothing's back. It simply didn't get blocked a third time.
    This ^^^

I guess reading is hard...as is thinking in general...

Deleted
    sad world..
    Last edited by mmoc74b1cd36eb; 2017-03-26 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    This is turning into a judicial game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Misleading titles are misleading. As per what YOU posted and I bolded, nothing's back. It simply didn't get blocked a third time.
    bzzzzzt! WRONG. It's blocked, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by patriothammer View Post
    bzzzzzt! WRONG. It's blocked, sorry.
    Rofllllll. You thought you were right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reading must be really hard for you.
    Try harder to derail the thread. The travel ban will continue and you will just have to deal with it. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While I think the restriction is typically pointless bureaucratic bullshit, it's obviously not unconstitutional.
    The constitution is what the judiciary says it is.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Try harder to derail the thread. The travel ban will continue and you will just have to deal with it. Sorry.
    You should read it again. The ban is in effect until an appeals court hears the Maryland decision in May.

So your "HAHA BAN RULES" shitposting is just... blowing up in your face

But if you want that, okay boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why do people sign up here to post about politics?
    Because politics is a hot button issue, and people take it way to seriously, or in the case of the Trump Presidency, not seriously enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after that the decision in Hawaii still blocks it even if the Maryland court overturns the decision in Maryland.
    In essence, it's going to take a SCOTUS ruling in order to unblock the bans at present. Which may not happen, they may just knock it back to the 9th circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why do people sign up here to post about politics?
    Only trumpers with IQ below 60 will

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    You should read it again. The ban is in effect until an appeals court hears the Maryland decision in May.

So your "HAHA BAN RULES" shitposting is just... blowing up in your face

But if you want that, okay boo.
    He's your president and you need to just accept it. Grow up.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-03-25 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's your president and you need to just accept it. Grow up.
    Him being President does not give him unilateral ability to enact policy by fiat, nor does it excuse blatantly -bad- policy such as these muslim bans.

Trump trolling the real world and his supporters trolling the internet.
    What a time to be alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Him being President does not give him unilateral ability to enact policy by fiat, nor does it excuse blatantly -bad- policy such as these muslim bans.
    Actually he does have that ability under executive order, stop spreading false information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually he does have that ability under executive order, stop spreading false information.
    Yes, and given these policies are both bad and potentially unconstitutional the system of checks and balances enables the judiciary to go "Hold the fuck up." and correct his mistakes.