Deleted

Have you ever googled Zarathustra?

And wondered how ironical it is that the very first images shown are "thumbs up"? Philosophical but - you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    And wondered how ironical it is that the very first images shown are "thumbs up"? Philosophical but - you can do it
    I'm confused. What are you trying to say here?

Yes, I know who Zoroaster (proto Jesus), but I'm not getting your whole thumb thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like robotic tentacle hentai. I'll pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for me..

First image shown is that on the result page, right side

The prophet's image basically.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I emailed him once and he told me that God is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thus spoke Zarathustra...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Yes, I have googled it often. Actually the first row of images is from "2001: A space odyssey", probably from my sci-fi searches. I wasn't aware he was considered to be a real person.

7+ Year Old Account
    why do you want us to google that word?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Thus spoke Zarathustra...
    I know that without Google. To be honest: everybody knows it; even without Stanley Kubrick movies, i guess

So let him speak....

15+ Year Old Account
    Gott ist tot! Also sprach Zarathrustra.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Gott ist tot! Also sprach Zarathrustra.
    oh, you know german ? AFAIK a difficult language to foreigners.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oh, you know german ? AFAIK a difficult language to foreigners.
    Of course I know German. I definitely am not fluent in it, but can hold a basic conversation, at least on a written level. Understanding spoken language is a bit hard. Studied it for a couple of years in high school about an eternity ago.

All Germanic languages are so similar that if you know one, you know them all... at least on a basic level. I have never taken a Dutch lesson or been to the Netherlands, yet I don't really have problems reading basic Dutch at all.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course I know German. I definitely am not fluent in it, but can hold a basic conversation, at least on a written level. Understanding spoken language is a bit hard. Studied it for a couple of years in high school about an eternity ago.

All Germanic languages are so similar that if you know one, you know them all... at least on a basic level. I have never taken a Dutch lesson or been to the Netherlands, yet I don't really have problems reading basic Dutch at all.
    Voluntary for fun and giggles or sort of mandatory in terms of "Thou shalt learn a foreign languages besides english" ?

To be honest: i applaud everybody who takes lessons in german and succeeds. even native germans fail in german grammar and orthography more often than not.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-03-24 at 05:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Nietzsche's work is philosophical masturbation. An academic version of smelling one's own farts.
    That's not really fair.

Yes, there is an oversized dose of ego and philosophical masturbation within Nietzsche's work, but it's also easily the most influential work of the last 150 years. Virtually all such philosophy of the modern era has basically been either agreement with - or rebuttal to - Nietzsche.

So it is philosophical masturbation absolutely, but it's also a lot more than that: whether you disagree or agree with him or his respondents.

It's influential masturbation
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Voluntary for fun and giggles or sort of mandatory in terms of "Thou shalt learn a foreign languages besides english" ?

To be honest: i applaud everybody who takes lessons in german and succeeds. even native germans fail in german grammar and orthography more often than not.
    The mandatory languages you need to learn in Finland are Finnish, Swedish and one free of choice (usually the option is English, German and French), aka most take English. You can then learn additional languages. So I studied Finnish, Swedish, English - then I took Russian when I was in 8th grade (14 years old) and German in high school, took a couple of courses in Latin, too...just for shits n giggles though.

I'm interested in learning Chinese, I might get to that some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's not really fair.

Yes, there is an oversized dose of ego and philosophical masturbation within Nietzsche's work, but it's also easily the most influential work of the last 150 years. Virtually all such philosophy of the modern era has basically been either agreement with - or rebuttal to - Nietzsche.

So it is philosophical masturbation absolutely, but it's also a lot more than that: whether you disagree or agree with him or his respondents.

It's influential masturbation
    They had Nietzsche, we have Trump and his tweets.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    The mandatory languages you need to learn in Finland are Finnish, Swedish and one free of choice (usually the option is English, German and French), aka most take English. You can then learn additional languages. So I studied Finnish, Swedish, English - then I took Russian when I was in 8th grade (14 years old) and German in high school, took a couple of courses in Latin, too...just for shits n giggles though.

I'm interested in learning Chinese, I might get to that some day.

Uuuh, that's why you beat us in PISA studies every time: your education is extraordinary good.