Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So he killed himself and his family gets money for that... that is really retarded
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    retarded should be counted as suicide given a darwin award and told to fuck off.
    This is what truly should of happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "He was basically a good boy, he had no record, but he did something stupid. In any event, the worst that would’ve happened to him is that he would’ve been arrested and put in a juvenile facility for some period of time."

I would never descibe 16 year old me as "a good boy" and I did not do anything remotely as serious as smuggle drugs across international borders.

What would he have had to have done to be called a "bad boy"?
    I'm guessing it's all about cultural relativism.

Next up lets charge the family with child endangerment and fine them 1 million.

if you don't think it's apple juice then fucking confiscate it, retards. on the other hand though if you you're 16 and get caught with meth, just hand it over, for fuck sake.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If the cops didn't believe it was apple juice, they shouldn't have let him drink it then.

Stupid as hell for the kid to do it though, but it's also equally stupid for the cops to have let him drink it, or to even tell him to.
    And one side here is held to higher standards than the other.
    Agreed. It could've been booze, it could've been chemicals, it could've been anything. If they clearly knew he was bullshitting them, prodding him into drinking it was clearly messed up.

And regardless of what those others of you think that he shouldn't have gotten money, his death was directly caused by the actions of of those officers. If they hadn't been there, he'd be alive. If they hadn't told him to drink it, he'd be alive. Ultimately the decision to carry it and drink it were his, but he was also a minor, and teenagers are fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokzor View Post
    On one hand, you don't drink meth...

On the other hand, you don't "LOL, prove it fgt!" as a government officer...
    What would you have done? If they took the "apple juice" and it was really apple juice it would be "oh big bad mean government taking apple juice"

Pretty stupid. He could have thrown it out but he wanted to hang on to it. Fault on the kid imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Why in the fuck is he suing others because he committed suicide? Nobody made him drink that shit. He chose to in order to try and evade capture. Fuck him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If the cops didn't believe it was apple juice, they shouldn't have let him drink it then..
    THIS. And that's why there's a settlement, because if cops have reasonable believe that you're lying, they can just take your shit and go test it. They can't force you to prove it's not that shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Regardless of what the kid did, the fact the officers made this command is absurd. They could have just confiscated it, tested it and then arrest him. There was no need for this "oh yeah?? prove it!"

Mexico is not sending it's best people
    their bringing drugs, crime, their rapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Instead of doing their job correctly, they were playing games.
    The law obviously does not restrict the techniques and methods of investigations and interviews, except asking leading questions. The former are not "games".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Were they doing their job incorrectly? Can you provide me evidence that they were?
    They told the kid to drink the liquid, instead of taking it and testing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The law obviously does not restrict the techniques and methods of investigations and interviews, except asking leading questions. The former are not "games".
    Telling him to drink it, is playing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Why should that family get any money because their child is an idiot? The officers didn't force him to do it, he chose to do that rather than fess up. Darwins law right there. Fuckin ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's definitely not correct. There are a lot of restrictions on techniques and methods of investigations and interviews besides something as small as asking leading questions. For instance, we don't allow torture and you can't just storm into someone's house because you feel like it to search it for evidence. The police have further obligations because ultimately their function is to protect the populace and even the accused have rights the police have to respect and uphold. They aren't the judge, jury, or executioner, and they have no business pulling stupid stunts that unnecessarily put them in any of those positions. Basically daring this kid to drink it was utterly nonconstructive and reckless, as evidenced by what happened. They could have just tested the substance if they had reasonable cause to think it was illicit, but instead chose to let the suspect try to prove them wrong, without so much as attempting to stop him. They failed at pretty much every step of this interaction.
    I'll agree the officers didn't do the right thing, I still don't think the family should get anything for what was ultimately their child's reckless and stupid decision. Officers should be reprimanded though, if they haven't already been.

I'm conflicted. Clearly the kid's an idiot, but on the other hand I don't think I'd have expected drinking meth to kill you. I can't see it being good for you but lethal?
    I also don't think the cops actually expected him to do it. I'm not sure they knew that it would kill him either. I imagine they thought he'd never drink it, and if he did he'd just spit it out or something. Either way it was unprofessional to do so, and I can see the justification for the settlement, but can't say for sure whether it was right or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They didn't tell him to drink liquid meth. They told him to drink some perfectly harmless apple juice.

His lie. He committed suicide as far as I'm concerned. He could've just went "nope, it's meth. Arrest me." And he wouldn't have died.
    Unfortunate thing is that it is likely he drank it so save a life of someone else. Cartels run a huge number of places in northern Mexico and it is likely they are behind this as well (Not the border control but the guy with the meth). Taking a kid off the street, threatening him and his family to do these runs. Going to cops being useless since they're impotent at best or in on it at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokzor View Post
    On one hand, you don't drink meth...

On the other hand, you don't "LOL, prove it fgt!" as a government officer...
    ... I feel bad that this made me giggle, but it also holds true.

10+ Year Old Account
    This why the war on Drugs is a big issue, we need to fund it more to purge this taint that affects our society.