Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think it would be horrible to call it a "mental health day", Though it is against the law to fire someone for having a disability I don't want my employer knowing I have such issues.

Vacation is for mental health. Sick days are for body health.

I've worked at places were they let you take a sick day off even if you aren't sick and they called that a mental health day. I just saw it as an extra day of vacation.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Alot of people don't consider mental illness to be considered "sick." So employers probably won't take the employee seriously when they tell them why. It would be a dis service to millennials who need help.
    Fortunately, my employer only cares about sick days if you take three or more in a row. No one blinks if you call or text in the word "sick" and the day moves on. Three or more in a row require medical documentation.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Vacation is for mental health. Sick days are for body health.

I've worked at places were they let you take a sick day off even if you aren't sick and they called that a mental health day. I just saw it as an extra day of vacation.
    mental illness effects the brain. You don't think that effects body health?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This is because millennials are broke.They're lazy and don't contribute anything but outrage to society.
    So you think that like... something was happening with the planets and the stars in 1980-1995 that caused neuronal rewiring of people born then to cause them to grow up to be lazy? Was it a magnetic field variation or something? And as soon as we moved from Dec 31, 1995 to Jan 1, 1996 BOOM the effect ended -- no longer a millennial and no longer lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    So you think that like... something was happening with the planets and the stars in 1980-1995 that caused neuronal rewiring of people born then to cause them to grow up to be lazy? Was it a magnetic field variation or something? And as soon as we moved from Dec 31, 1995 to Jan 1, 1996 BOOM the effect ended -- no longer a millennial and no longer lazy?
    What are you talking about? That post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

What are you talking about? That post has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
    What am I talking about? Are you really confused by what I'm asking? It wasn't even complicated... I responded to someone quoting you and asked how it makes sense.

Doesn't matter, there's clearly no rational answer to it anyway.

No, certain groups of people don't get special treatment, more sick days, less sick days, different types of sick days, etc. Veiled discrimination. That's not how bureaucracy works.

What am I talking about? Are you really confused by what I'm asking? It wasn't even complicated... I responded to someone quoting you and asked how it makes sense.

Doesn't matter, there's clearly no rational answer to it anyway.

No, certain groups of people don't get special treatment, more sick days, less sick days, different types of sick days, etc. Veiled discrimination. That's not how bureaucracy works.
    That quote was from a different thread and has no bearing on what this thread is about.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

That quote was from a different thread and has no bearing on what this thread is about.
    I get it, you can't give a rational answer. It's okay. Moving on.

No, certain groups of people don't get special treatment: more sick days, less sick days, different types of sick days, etc. Veiled discrimination. That's not how bureaucracy works.

I get it, you can't give a rational answer. It's okay. Moving on.

No, certain groups of people don't get special treatment: more sick days, less sick days, different types of sick days, etc. Veiled discrimination. That's not how bureaucracy works.
    are you saying people with mental illness are just lazy?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

are you saying people with mental illness are just lazy?
    I see you skipped a few reading classes. No. I'm saying giving certain groups special treatment is discrimination and grounds for a legal case. You're old enough to have signed a contract -- that thing which provides the same rights and privileges to all workers under it?

But... good try? Or something?
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-03-22 at 10:18 PM.