Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is the Reasons to Vote for Democrats book in the best selling?

I thought it strange that a parody book entitled "Reasons to Vote for Democrats" is in the top seller on Amazon and there are no books entitled "Reason to Vote for Republicans" any where near top seller spot.

Then I realized that only Republicans are dumb enough to throw $10 away on a book with 200 blank pages.

Congrats, dumb asses, you just spent $10 on a book that cost $0.09 to make. I have a pet rock I want to sell you. It has googly eyes. Only $20.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I thought it strange that a parody book entitled "Reasons to Vote for Democrats" is in the top seller on Amazon and there are no books entitled "Reason to Vote for Republicans" any where near top seller spot.

Then I realized that only Republicans are dumb enough to throw $10 away on a book with 200 blank pages.

Congrats, dumb asses, you just spent $10 on a book that cost $0.09 to make. I have a pet rock I want to sell you. It has googly eyes. Only $20.
    http://www.sendsomerocks.com/

Looks like someone is ahead of you. :P

It's called a gag gift, you should look it up. There has already been a thread on this, you should have looked that up before posting this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

I literally LOLed. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account

Congrats, dumb asses, you just spent $10 on a book that cost $0.09 to make.
    It is just a symbolic gesture. Consider it like a donation but you get a notepad or fire kindler.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-03-22 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well

Its an easy read

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make a kindle version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

Yeah, that's my site. pls buy
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It is just a symbolic gesture. Consider it like a donation but you get a notepad or fire kindler.
    Ok, but then wouldn't it be better to just give the money to someone that supports the conservative movement than to someone that probably just wants to make a quick buck.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-03-22 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Ok, but then wouldn't it be better to just give the money to someone that supports the conservative movement that to someone that probably just wants to make a quick buck.
    Capitalism!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, but then wouldn't it be better to just give the money to someone that supports the conservative movement that to someone that probably just wants to make a quick buck.
    I don't know the author. If he/she isn't against or critical of Democrats then it would be pointless.

Ok, but then wouldn't it be better to just give the money to someone that supports the conservative movement than to someone that probably just wants to make a quick buck.
    Sometimes the joke is worth more than the products you bought for said joke.

10+ Year Old Account

The Libs can call me a dumb ass for buying a blank book all they want as they get in line for their yearly 200-600$ Smartphone upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    The Libs can call me a dumb ass for buying a blank book all they want as they get in line for their yearly 200-600$ Smartphone upgrade.
    Yeah, that's why we can't have nice things, like health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Sometimes the joke is worth more than the products you bought for said joke.
    Ok you bought the book and then what? You give it to a liberal friend, you are probably reinforcing the stereotype he/she has of conservatives. As an inside joke among conservatives? You can do that without buying the book. Or even buy a cheaper customized notebook. Those go around 7$.

hard to believe this but there are a lot of pointless things people will buy as "gifts" for other people. like lottery tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    That is such a good comparison, spot on.

You don't understand the joke because you are looking from the wrong viewpoint. This book was released as a joke, it was original and fresh in the current sense. This gag has actually been used before. It was bought up and reached number 1 on Amazon because it was funny for it to happen. Then democrats rush to release a copy by changing the Title and slamming a ton of them on Amazon. Hence why they are way down the charts. Just look at the release dates of the best seller and any other on Amazon.

Edit: Spelling
    Last edited by Majesco; 2017-03-22 at 09:38 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's called a gag gift, you should look it up. There has already been a thread on this, you should have looked that up before posting this.
    The point is still epicly valid. Lol - buying a book with nothing in it. I hope the Kindle version is less.

Who seriously takes into consideration anything that you never heard of or liked as a best-seller to actually be a best-seller?
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.