Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    So people picking mercy or lucio and not healing, just doing damage isn't reportable according to you?
    No, it's not. Short of a player I encountered a few days ago, who got so mad at another teammate he was arguing with and literally typed the words "I could just sit here and do nothing" and then picked Mercy and sat outside the cap point and did nothing (literally stood there afk) there's nothing you can report a player for based on picks. Mercy can shoot, which means she's not healing, but she is doing something, so not a report offense. Lucio can speed boost his team when not healing and shoot while still contributing. Yes, almost every person that plays the game would agree that these style players are not playing right and throwing the game; however, they are still playing. Bullshit or not, it is what it is.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-03-23 at 06:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    So that means people should be able to ruin other peoples experience by griefing because it's "nothing at stake"?
    You telling me what I should be playing in QP ruins my experience, this works both ways. If I want to practice with Mercy's pistol in qp that isn't griefing.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because it isn't. It's someone not playing how you want them to play. You aren't the referee, nor are you the team coach. You don't get to demand other people play "your way"
    You and several other posters keep harping on this "your way", something I have NEVER specifically stated. But either way,
    we're going to have to agree to disagree, because to me, it absolutely IS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You and several other posters keep harping on this "your way", something I have NEVER specifically stated.
    When you say "that person playing Widow is playing wrong for playing Widow", then you're complaining that they're not playing "your way". It's explicitly stated.

But either way,
    we're going to have to agree to disagree, because to me, it absolutely IS.
    This is like saying that Symmetra's not a support, she's an offense hero. Blizzard doesn't consider that to be true. So you're wrong. There's no "agree to disagree".

And you haven't actually made an argument to defend your position, since you haven't explained why a bad player should have Blizzard take admin action against their account. Losing a match because someone didn't play up to your arbitrary bar isn't a justification.

Deleted
    Really happy with that. I've not read the full thread to see if anyone has said this, but when I play competitive I often start as Widow and hunt down the enemy lucio/zen/mercy to good effect, but up until we actually engage and my team see I'm actually landing kills on the enemy healers I get tons of abuse and messages to /all saying "Report Widow".

Sometimes I like to play as Mei, but people don't seem to understand the concept of why I put my walls where I do. When an enemy overextends, I go for a wall blocking them off from running back to their team. But, again, abuse in chat and "Report Mei" in chat. Hopefully the change will let me happily play Widow without worrying about being banned. Mei I'm not so sure though because I know wall trolling is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When you say "that person playing Widow is playing wrong for playing Widow", then you're complaining that they're not playing "your way". It's explicitly stated.
    I never said anything of the sort, and now I see its a definite reading comprehension issue on your end.

I don't know how to explain it any simpler. You just don't get it. Nothing else to say on the matter.

This is like saying that Symmetra's not a support, she's an offense hero. Blizzard doesn't consider that to be true. So you're wrong. There's no "agree to disagree".
    What? When the hell did I ever bring up Symmetra, and secondly, when have I said such things? Are you now making shit up?
    This is unexpected for a mod.

And you haven't actually made an argument to defend your position, since you haven't explained why a bad player should have Blizzard take admin action against their account. Losing a match because someone didn't play up to your arbitrary bar isn't a justification.
    I actually have, several times ad nauseum, you just apparently can't read.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://kotaku.com/overwatchs-anti-ab...aul-1793545279

Its not a lot, but hey, anything to help control and get rid of the toxicity.

Still, I disagree with them when they say "playing a hero that is not considered optimal"
    is not considered "Poor Teamwork."

It absolutely is. I know many people, myself included, have lost matches due to some
    asshole stubbornly playing a character and refusing to switch, especially when they are
    not only getting countered left and right by the enemy team, but they also are performing
    horribly (ex. a dps and getting not a single kill)
    "Someone playing a character in A GAME that THEY ENJOY is abusive! How dare they enjoy the game! And how DARE they not know how to play optimally?"

Are you for fucking real?

You are the reason people like me make fun of LoL players. I tried to play that once. ONCE. After the absolute toxicity because I apparently didn't spend 30+ hours reading on how to play my character correctly, or that the character I wanted to play is sub-par, I get called faggot and loser and basement dweller and told to GTFO and "I fucked your mother" amongst other kindergarten potty mouth.

When a game stops becoming a game and starts becoming a job, it's no longer worth my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me specifically? Yeah go ahead and quote me on that, otherwise, don't put words
    in my mouth mkay?
    I didn't mean you specifically, but since this thread has become that, yes, you so very much did say it right here in the OP.
    Still, I disagree with them when they say "playing a hero that is not considered optimal"
    is not considered "Poor Teamwork."

It absolutely is.
    The "optimal hero" is subjective, at best, and you can't fault a player for not playing a very specific hero, especially if they're not experienced with that hero. I see this all the time with Reinhardt. People ask to switch to Reinhardt, and someone will say "I've never played him, I wouldn't be good with him", and they counter with "just hold up a shield". First, no, that's not how Reinhardt works. But secondly, that is a VALID reason to not play a hero.

Now, is that what's happening every time? No, of course not. But you can't prove that people are picking heroes specifically for the purpose to be sub-optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    "Someone playing a character in A GAME that THEY ENJOY is abusive! How dare they enjoy the game! And how DARE they not know how to play optimally?"

Are you for fucking real?
    *sigh*

Looks like someone hasn't read what's been going on.

You are the reason people like me make fun of LoL players.
    Never played League, but making fun of a player base doesn't give you the high horse to
    stand on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I didn't mean you specifically, but since this thread has become that, yes, you so very much did say it right here in the OP.
    Ah, my mistake then.

And no, I did not say that at all. The "words put in mouth" in this thread is embarrassing.

The "optimal hero" is subjective, at best, and you can't fault a player for not playing a very specific hero, especially if they're not experienced with that hero.
    Of course not. I never said its anyone's fault, nor do I expect everyone to be masters of every character. God knows I sure
    as hell am not. When I mean "optimal" I mean you playing a character and not doing what you should be doing. (I.e., killing
    things as dps, healing as a healer, etc.) If you aren't doing well in a role, swap and try something else. And if you are NOT
    doing well on a character and refuse to swap, that is the problem. Not that the hero you're playing is or is not high meta
    top tier whatever. Its that your Soldier, Genji, Ana, whatever is NOT doing their job/or is getting heavily countered, and the
    smart/right thing to do is swap. But if you refuse to do so, purposely, you ARE at fault and should be penalized.

I see this all the time with Reinhardt. People ask to switch to Reinhardt, and someone will say "I've never played him, I wouldn't be good with him", and they counter with "just hold up a shield". First, no, that's not how Reinhardt works. But secondly, that is a VALID reason to not play a hero.
    I would never ask someone to play a role or character they aren't good with. But if you jump on comp and say, "I only main X hero
    and play no one else," I'm sorry, but you have no business playing competitive. QM and the other modes, absolutely. Play to your
    hearts content.

Not picking the hero fitting best in comp isn't anti-team.

If someone is a good player and mains hanzo I'm oke with it. Maybe a Soldier would fit better in, but if he can get his 2-3 kills every teamfight he is more worth as a hanzo, even if Hanzo doesnt fit in perfectly. I don't even have a Problem with widow+hanzo in attack if they can get the results we need.

If they suck at what they do they will switch themselfs if they are good. If they are bad and stay with underperforming heroes they won't get better results with another hero.

Someone is good with his dps-hero if he can kill 1 and damage another at each teamfight. (really killing an enemy and not just last hitting someone).

Some of the best players in the world mute everyone at entering a game and just play their only main-hero.
    (this doesnt mean you should do the same, because I'm pretty sure most of the guys here can't carry a team on their own with their main-hero)

I love playing tanks and supports and don't pick the heal that fits the team best. I play the healer I feel most comfortable with (if you have a mercy, you need a lucio as second support, bla bla). Sometimes people blame me for not taking Zarya, because I prefer Roadhog over her. That's just stupid. A good Roadhog is more worth than a bad Zarya in nearly every Situation. Maybe there is this one clash were a Zarya would have been better, but overall over the match I get more value with Roadhog.
    Since I play like this, I treat other likes this, too.