Alienware Aurora good deal?

Hey guys just wanted to check with you guys if this pre built (gasp!!) was a good deal from bestbuy. I'm a bit of a noob (thus buying a pre built) and am afraid to open the computer to see the internals for branding.

CPU: i7-6700 3.4 Ghz
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: gtx 1070 stock
    HDD: 1 TB 7200
    SSD 256 GB

For $1100. Been running at a cool 70-75c for both gpu and CPU so far playing dues ex mankind divided, andromeda and Witcher 3 on ultra.

I can still return it and look for something better potentially but this is the best deal I think I found.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Well, you have a $300 CPU and a $400 GPU. The RAM is likely around $100, maybe $75 for the HDD. Depending on brand, around $100 for the SSD. Total value there is $975 already. Add in a power supply, motherboard and a case and you're right around the same ball park.

The only "weak" part I can really see is the processor being a 6700 rather than a 7700k.

Seems like it's playing games you like at settings that you enjoy, so yeah, I'd say it's a good deal for you.

How did you get that for 1100?

Even an open box item of that is nearly 1300:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienwar...?skuId=5647900

I was gonna buy http://a.co/0lPE2hj for $1500 and seems alright.

Intel Core i7 6700, up to 3.4 GHz Processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 - founders edition
    16GB DDR4 included; 64GB maximum
    256GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 2TB SATA 7200Rpm HDD; tray loading Dual layer DVD burner

10+ Year Old Account
    For the price, it's a good deal.

You could get a marginally better system (7600K + OC) for about the same price if you build it.

My only main concern is larger the brand of PSU. OTherwise that's actually a pretty good deal. Now is that 1100, or 1100 + tax?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

PCs these days are Legos for adults. You shouldn't be afraid of building your own. There are hundreds of guides and videos on YouTube that can help you.

www.pcpartpicker.com will help you pick out parts that are compatible with each other.

Yeah, that's a good deal. I'm actually pretty surprised at that. Building a similar system yourself would be about the same price, which is normally not the case when looking at alienware builds. Normally to build yourself the same system, or even a somewhat better system, costs a couple hundred less. Not in this case. They must be trying to get rid of the Skylake systems they still have so they can sell more Kaby Lake would be my guess, so on a good sale.

I was surprised as well until i looked on best buys site, if he got it for 1100 it was a pricing error lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I was surprised as well until i looked on best buys site, if he got it for 1100 it was a pricing error lol.
    Not necessarily. Sometimes stores will have better deals than online, sometimes the reverse is true. It's becoming more and more common for a companies website to compete with the actual store and vice-versa. I see "Online Only" and "In-Store Only" sales at multiple different places all the time. It's entirely possible that this was an In-Store Only Sale that was not even advertised online and maybe only done at a few select stores in some cities.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    For the price, it's a good deal.

You could get a marginally better system (7600K + OC) for about the same price if you build it.

My only main concern is larger the brand of PSU. OTherwise that's actually a pretty good deal. Now is that 1100, or 1100 + tax?
    About 1180 after tax. I think the PSU is 500W which I guess doesn't have as much longevity maybe...? Another interesting this is they had the same one brand new for 1499 with the kabylake but the listed retail price on both was the same which seemed a bit fishy to me.

It was open box and a floor model at about $1200 and I pointed out a couple of tiny nicks on it to get it down to that price. I'm running a 1920 x 1200 60 hz monitor from 2007 and it the desk top can still run anything on ultra smooth as butter. My previous dell xps lasted me a good 10 years. Still running but I'd essentially have to upgrade it from the ground up I think since it's so dated (apparently motherboard is running pcie 2.0 which can't handle newer gpus).

I guess overall you guys are reaffirming it was a good deal. I was thinking about returning it for an Alienware 13 for dat sexy OLED but I guess I'll keep it.

Thank you all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Yup bestbuy site has it open box for more than 1200 but this was also a floor model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemyh View Post
    PCs these days are Legos for adults. You shouldn't be afraid of building your own. There are hundreds of guides and videos on YouTube that can help you.

www.pcpartpicker.com will help you pick out parts that are compatible with each other.
    I did that and put the cheapest equivalent parts and it came to about $30 cheaper with an ugly massive tower. I guess it varies depending on deeper sales on certain things.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2017-03-24 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15