Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Sargeras is not on/near Argus

Didn't this new 7.2 cinematic just confirm that Sargeras is not on/near Argus? It looked like he's talking to Kil'Jaeden from some distant place.

Maybe this means he'll not be final boss? Could be that Kil'Jaeden will survive the Tomb encounter which I personally would like but not sure if Blizzard is brave enough to repeat same boss in two raids.

What do you guys think? Do you still think Sargeras is gonna be end boss or something different? Could also be that he'll somehow come to Argus in 7.3 but who knows.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-23 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or he IS Argus and he can only project himself as a disembodied voice.
    If he was on Argus, we would have seen him, considering he is the SIZE of a Planet, he would have been sitting on it like a chair. Pretty hard to miss.
    He is not anywhere near Argus but somewhere else!

Or he IS Argus and he can only project himself as a disembodied voice.
    I though this is a possibility before, but now seeing how Kil'Jaeden feels about Argus I doubt it's Sargeras. Kil'Jaeden would've known if that's Sargeras.

But there still remains the question why Argus had to be sacraficed? From Kil'Jaeden's tone it looks like Sargeras needed Argus for something.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-23 at 11:26 PM.

Well he sacrificed his planet, maybe Argus is so fel corrupted because Sargeras needed a new body and he possessed Argus. Heck maybe like Deathwing he fell apart from all the corruption.
    Yeah that's a solid possibility. Maybe he's in some semi-coma state & weakened and can only talk to Kil'Jaeden through that thing on the ship. Than it really makes sense blowing up Argus if that's now Sargeras.

The more I think about it, it really makes sense. Why else would Argus had to be sacrificed if Eredar who stayed joined willingly. Could be that's him lying dormant & recovering.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-23 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Nice catch, very interesting!

I'm not expecting KJ two times in a row, and we can expect 7.3 and Argus to be the last patch, so either Sargeras has to come to us to "kill us" himself since we've been such a major annoyance, or a surprising last boss is coming next, a la Archimonde style (not a big fan of that idea though).

It does make sense for Sargeras to not be in Argus chilling in a citadel to be honest, we'd expect the guy who has devoted his life to cleanse the endless universe to be busier.

Maybe we'll get an Old God corrupted last boss leading to a possible new expansion? But yet again, not so fitting for Argus. Hmmm.

EDIT- The idea of Sargeras being the planet is also interesting, but how could they make blowing up a planet as satisfying and dramatic as killing say the Lich King?
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-03-23 at 11:47 PM.

I thought Argus was just a planet that Sargeras used as the base for the legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm assuming he is on his way to Azeroth, the long way around. Kil'jaeden is working from Argus to establish and keep the beachhead open, but Sargeras is preparing a pincer attack of a sort.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he sacrificed his planet, maybe Argus is so fel corrupted because Sargeras needed a new body and he possessed Argus. Heck maybe like Deathwing he fell apart from all the corruption.
    It was stated before that he lost his body when the Well of Eternity imploded on him. This has kind of been soft-retconned by never being mentioned again. Sargeras forcing his World-Soul into Argus would make sense, though. It also doesn't make sense that Argus would be corrupted like that, it was supposed to be a paradise where all the power the Legion promised would be fulfilled. But if Sargeras needed a body, Argus would be the perfect choice, as it definitely needed an abundance of magical energy for the eredar to become such advanced spellcasters. This would also set up an interesting plot development, having Sargeras take something so precious from his most loyal servant. Judging from his dialog in the Sunwell, Kil'Jaedin doesn't much care for Sargeras, and believes he can usurp him. How could he accomplish this if Sargeras was not somehow incapacitated?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Yeah that's a solid possibility. Maybe he's in some semi-coma state & weakened and can only talk to Kil'Jaeden through that thing on the ship. Than it really makes sense blowing up Argus if that's now Sargeras.

The more I think about it, it really makes sense. Why else would Argus had to be sacrificed if Eredar who stayed joined willingly. Could be that's him lying dormant & recovering.
    Chances are all the fel magic simply killed the world as it killed Outland.

It's not ripped apart, just completely dead and barren and corrupted. Fel magic tends to do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm assuming he is on his way to Azeroth, the long way around. Kil'jaeden is working from Argus to establish and keep the beachhead open, but Sargeras is preparing a pincer attack of a sort.
    Sargeras doesnt need tactics if he comes in person....

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see what Starscream does next...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It was stated before that he lost his body when the Well of Eternity imploded on him. This has kind of been soft-retconned by never being mentioned again. Sargeras forcing his World-Soul into Argus would make sense, though. It also doesn't make sense that Argus would be corrupted like that, it was supposed to be a paradise where all the power the Legion promised would be fulfilled. But if Sargeras needed a body, Argus would be the perfect choice, as it definitely needed an abundance of magical energy for the eredar to become such advanced spellcasters. This would also set up an interesting plot development, having Sargeras take something so precious from his most loyal servant. Judging from his dialog in the Sunwell, Kil'Jaedin doesn't much care for Sargeras, and believes he can usurp him. How could he accomplish this if Sargeras was not somehow incapacitated?
    Well we already know Kil'jaeden is mad at Sargeras... taking Argus is actually a pretty good reason to turn on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, Sargeras is basically like Voldemort was just before and during Philosopher's Stone. He's a disembodied soul that requires a host to do anything. Unlike Voldemort, he did this on purpose by pouring his entire soul into the Avatar, then throwing his fight with Aegwynn to possess her, then Medivh after. When the Guardian was killed, Sargeras was left without a body, thanks to Aegwynn's enchantments on the Tomb. He's been stuck this way for pretty much all of Warcraft's history. What we're seeing a projection of him; we know the Legion has very advanced hologram technomagic. It's most likely that Kil'jaeden is speaking to the actual soul of Sargeras, which is being held in containment to keep it from dispersing.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Holy shit he's totally the planet. Dude if you call this shit my mind will be blown. Didn't even think about it.

Sargeras' spirit inhabited Argus after WOTA portal destroyed his original body. Blizz has been dropping hints throughout the entire expansion.

-Approaching the Tomb portal as an Alliance during the Broken Shore scenario kills you immediately with the flavor text noting that Sargeras' presence is overwhelming
    - Gul'dan later mentions in the Destro Lock artifact chain that the portal to the other side leads to Argus meaning that Sargeras must be somewhere near Argus if the portal leads to it and he is close enough to kill you with his presence
    - this is further emphasized in the Nighthold. The entire purpose of the ritual was to place Sargeras' spirit into Illidan meaning that the portal had to be for Sargeras' spirit to enter through. Yet if you pause right at the scene with the portal closing in Gul'dan's death scene you only see a broken fel green planet which is undoubtedly Argus, Sargeras' is nowhere to be seen.
    - In the ToS trailer Kil'jaedan angrily emphasizes to Sargeras that he had to sacrifice his world. This could refer to it being fel bathed but could also refer to Sargeras now using it as his personal incubator. Once again, Sargeras is nowhere to be seen in the shot showing Argus which wouldn't make sense given the previous references unless he himself was now Argus.
    - This provides the means by which we kill him. As Illidan's original plan to destroy Argus was to open a plethora of portals and closing them to destroy Argus. This is how we beat Sargeras.

TLDR: Sargeras is Argus and we beat him by closing a portal on his ass

Deleted
    If anything this confirms even more that he will be the final boss.

As to where he is talking from... the nether ofc. And argus is connected to the Nether. So yes, he "is" in Argus and will likely be the final boss.

Wrong on both accounts.

Kil'Jaeden changes her faction
    Man'ari new playable race confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    It made my heart sink a little to see just how ruined Argus is. And I found it very, very interesting that KJ clearly displayed spite for what has happened to it. I wonder if that's going anywhere.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-24 at 02:34 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Sargeras doesnt need tactics if he comes in person....
    Probably for the best given the Legion's track record thus far - or perhaps he's lost faith in the Eredar and is just going to do the job himself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually am starting to think Sargeras' body was destroyed when the Well imploded on him in WoTA like some were speculating, and hes a dissambodied soul bossing people around and trying to get a powerful and suitale body to hold him, like he has been for quite some time.