Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And as I have said numerous times, my problem is not with the insurance, it is being forced to buy it, even if you do not want it.
    WTF? And when you don't have the money to pay for it, I get to because you didn't plan to be hit by a bus? Healthcare is quite clear where your waiting to be hurt lies. You are not rich, you won't be able to afford the results. Historically, that has meant that the very Americans you don't want to have healthcare for, ended up paying for your shit. When you default on your house, go on assistance, because you didn't want insurance, you will make us all pay.

The above is you not understanding health... there is no other way you could be using analogy where the result of those negatively impacted by universal coverage, is to need it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

All humans are corrupt, and they try to spread their corruption via government. You are the one pushing for more corruption, not me.
    Nah - I'm trying to save human life, rather than kill them as you want.

The corrupt humans in our government are ok with not killing people. Not sure why you aren't ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The issue is that children are not afforded the same rights and privileges as adults in this country. They quite literally do not actually have a choice or a say in the matter.
    How does a poor, sick person have more choice or say in the matter than a child? You always sound as if healthcare is easily affordable by everyone and the poor just decide not to get it, but I doubt that this is the case. If you can show me a budget with which, say, someone on the lower end that currently has health care but would lose it under Trumpcare, can easily buy one with TC and still get all the other essentials, go ahead. I am really interested in seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The assertion is just a list of facts, which known absolute fact does your delusion disallow ?
    You are trying to say that I support killing people,a nd paying money to do so. That is a complete lie. I support people being responsible for themselves. I do not support the old system, nor do I support the ACA. I also do not support Trumpcare.

I'm not, I'm not sure why you keep saying that I am.
    Because you are saying you don't want universal health care (which would save $1.5 trillion a year), not having universal health care kills people.

That is - you are saying that.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

If you try to push the costs to people it would not normally fall to, you are choosing to punish them. Now, you may not care, because they are not like you, but it is still plainly selfish to do so.
    I don't think you quite understand what insurance is.

Ok - ONCE MORE with feeling.

The US will SAVE $1.5 trillion a year by having universal health care.
    Over what? Another program that I do not support? You keep trying to imply that I support your other alternative, when I do not.

You are trying to say that I support killing people,
    No - you are asserting that, I'm trying to work out WHY you feel that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Over what? Another program that I do not support?
    Over the pre-ACA or ACA costs.

Over having NO government health care.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    You can start by not making shit up.
    what did I make up? the ACA is a bloody success by any objective measurement and the proof is rather obvious isn't it.

If the ACA was a bloody failure then that stupid piece of toiletpapier called AHCA would have been passed easily instead of facing objection by a large portion of republicans from the entire political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    WTF? And when you don't have the money to pay for it, I get to because you didn't plan to be hit by a bus? Healthcare is quite clear where your waiting to be hurt lies. You are not rich, you won't be able to afford the results. Historically, that has meant that the very Americans you don't want to have healthcare for, ended up paying for your shit. When you default on your house, go on assistance, because you didn't want insurance, you will make us all pay.

The above is you not understanding health... there is no other way you could be using analogy where the result of those negatively impacted by universal coverage, is to need it.
    People get insurance in order to mitigate the risk. It's quite literally hedging one's bets.

You keep trying to imply that I support your other alternative, when I do not.
    Indeed, and I'm curious to know why you feel killing people is ok ?

Nah - I'm trying to save human life, rather than kill them as you want.

The corrupt humans in our government are ok with not killing people. Not sure why you aren't ?
    You are also trying to take other people's money by force in order to do so.

People get insurance in order to mitigate the risk. It's quite literally hedging one's bets.
    YOu still seem to think getting insurance is a choice everyone has....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    How does a poor, sick person have more choice or say in the matter than a child? You always sound as if healthcare is easily affordable by everyone and the poor just decide not to get it, but I doubt that this is the case. If you can show me a budget with which, say, someone on the lower end that currently has health care but would lose it under Trumpcare, can easily buy one with TC and still get all the other essentials, go ahead. I am really interested in seeing that.
    If you push for massive deregulation, it will be more affordable.

You are also trying to take other people's money by force in order to do so.
    Ok, we are getting closer - you are ok with killing people because you don't think they are worth saving.

We are getting somewhere now.

I believe in voluntary society, not forcing your version onto others against their will.
    And your plan would kill me so, I say fuck you to you and your plan.

I just started a job and will not have healthcare with it for 2 years. I have health issues and you are telling me for 2 years I need to "Make the right choices" or fuck me.

The ACA (and while I'm still on it my disability) allows me to afford my meds. I will be losing said disability/Healtcare within the next month (Kinda why I got the job). It was a spot that I was forced into.

So once my Disability/Healthcare is gone I have to get ACA or not get my meds. If you got over $1000 a month to pay for your meds then great, I on the other hand do not.

So like I said your "Plan" does one of two things to me. Ether A) Fuck's me out of a job and in turn fuck's me out of healthcare/meds and I hope lack of meds doesn't kill me or B) Fuck's me out of Healthcare/Meds and I hope my job doesn't kill me.

Step outside your fucken bubble for a moment and join the rest of us in the real world.

That is about my meds, that doesn't include the doctor visit's I have to do to get said meds.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm not, I'm not sure why you keep saying that I am. I do not wish to kill anyone, nor do I wish to be forced to pay anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe in voluntary society, not forcing your version onto others against their will.
    Society only works because you are foced to do things against your will (taxes, insurance, etc), if you do not want to do things against your will then you are probably better off living alone in the woods or under an anarchist system.

Because you are saying you don't want universal health care (which would save $1.5 trillion a year), not having universal health care kills people.

That is - you are saying that.
    But you are also trying to say that I support the alternative you are talking about, I do not.

I do not want universal health care. Yes, people can and will die without healthcare. That should be their choice. Just like it is their choice on what they eat, even if that food may kill them.

If you push for massive deregulation, it will be more affordable.
    Incorrect... the actual facts don't back you up. The most deregulated system in the world (US) is over twice the cost per capita as the next most expensive system.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    I don't think you quite understand what insurance is.
    I understand insurance just fine. I have insurance, because I think it is a wise choice in regards to healthcare. I do not think people should be forced to buy insurance against their will, nor should they be forced to pay for the insurance of others.