Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Theory: Sargeras is a good guy

Is Sargeras grooming us to be the force that destroys the void lords more powerful than the titans that he leads as a hero into the void, but, testing us by making us kill the burning legion first? Just a theory but i think it could be very plausible seeing as he could get all big and shit and blow us up if he wanted to. I think he is testing us and then is gonna throw us at the void lords as a force that will never give up and that will never corrupt.

What do you guys think?
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Test us by killing off half our forces. Yeah, I don't think it quite works that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, Blizzard telegraphs their villains pretty hard.

I certainly hope not. Not only would it be a terrible "twist," it would contradict everything we've been told about Sargeras in Chronicles.

Id prefer if he had delusional morals rather than being pure evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a titan, I think he doesn't really have the empathy to care if some people die as long as he ends up with a force that can destroy the void lords which is his and the burning legions actually ultimate goal anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not a good guy. His goal is essentially a good one but his methods of getting there are certainly not those of a "good guy".
    Yes, but, so were Illidans.

I don't think he's going to pull a Lich King on us and say "Hey haha I was just testing you"

He wants us and our planet dead. If we best KJ and his entire army then it's very likely he will ask us to join him by offering us ultimate demon power but this won't have been his original plan at all. I also really doubt they'd pull the same LK style of "It was all a test mwahahaha". Obviously the LK still was trying to kill us and turn us into undead but it's rather similar if you look at it. No way will we join forces with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I don't think he's going to pull a Lich King on us and say "Hey haha I was just testing you"

He wants us and our planet dead. If we best KJ and his entire army then it's very likely he will ask us to join him by offering us ultimate demon power but this won't have been his original plan at all. I also really doubt they'd pull the same LK style of "It was all a test mwahahaha". Obviously the LK still was trying to kill us and turn us into undead but it's rather similar if you look at it. No way will we join forces with him.
    He actually wants our planet alive, as long as it's not too far corrupted. He wants a Titan buddy.

No way. But I do kind of expect him to pull a Ra-Den after we beat him down. Everything we've seen about titans and their creations as of yet seems to strongly imply they're inherently noble and extremely reasonable. Hell, Ra-Den has been tormented for hundreds (thousands?) of years and still had the sense to stop fighting when he recognized that you weren't evil or tainted like the mogu. Sargeras is way further gone than Ra-Den was but at his core he's trying to do something he believes is right. Even the trailer, although I may be reading too much into it, seems to imply that he doesn't exactly hold the utmost love or loyalty for his army and still holds a lot of disdain towards demons and the Legion he created.

That being said, I kind of hope his "redemption" is brief if it even exists. I would gag at the bad storytelling if Sargeras ended up becoming a good guy. Maybe one last heel-face turn before the Old Gods and Void Lords pick him off to show who the new "big bad" is in town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Is Sargeras grooming us to be the force that destroys the void lords more powerful than the titans that he leads as a hero into the void, but, testing us by making us kill the burning legion first? Just a theory but i think it could be very plausible seeing as he could get all big and shit and blow us up if he wanted to. I think he is testing us and then is gonna throw us at the void lords as a force that will never give up and that will never corrupt.

What do you guys think?
    I think that IF Sargeras turns out to be a good guy, or well-intentioned but misguided, that sets up the following:

A) We kill Sargeras because we know he's the Big Bad.

B) Unchecked by Sargeras, the Titans are out of control and we have to fight/stop them.

C) We have to stop the voidlords because everyone else capable of even holding them off, we just wiped out. But unlike the armed standoff they had with the Titans and Sargeras, we need to finish them once and for all.

Some epic boss fights there.
    Impeach the MF.

It's possible but I hope it isn't in "this was my plan along" kind of way but a more you just managed to beat the shit out of me let's go kinda way. It can't of been a plan because of how his motivations are described in the Chronicle.

But I highly doubt it's realistic for us to team up, this Titan destroyed uncountable planets and uncountable worlds.. He's killed innocent worlds just because they could become bad.

I could rightfully kill every human on this planet using that insane logic, just for some comparison.

I think it might happen though, Illidan and Sargeras are basically the same but Sargeras is simply grander in scale and Blizzard have seemingly made Illidan a good guy for some reason so...

It's nice to have characters with complex motivations around though so I hope Sargeras sticks around, even Kil'Jaeden is very complex and interesting now after 2 minutes of dialogue, although he was simply an asshole before so it wasn't exactly hard for him to step up in complexity.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-03-24 at 05:34 AM.

Yeah, he also was testing eredar and became friends with them.

"Hi, guys, I burned 90% of universe, but nevermind that, I was only testing you, let's be friends from now on"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Yeah, he also was testing eredar and became friends with them.

"Hi, guys, I burned 90% of universe, but nevermind that, I was only testing you, let's be friends from now on"
    well he could squish us with his toenail, if he deems us strong enough then he does, what so crazy about that?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras is basically the Hitler of WoW. "I need to get rid of all these people to save all of these people"

Deleted
    He thinks the only way to save the Universe from the void is to burn up all creation, forever good that would do. I guess in his perspective, we're the evil ones who'd unwittingly let the void corrupt the world soul and the rest of all creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    Sargeras is basically the Hitler of WoW. "I need to get rid of all these people to save all of these people"
    I know and thats my theory!! He could use us with his non-empathy attitude, he may lead the army of the light AND I JUST THOUGHT(DONT HATE ME IM DRUNK), What if he taught azeroth how to fight........................................like trained azeroth and they stood together to hold off the void lords so that we could defeat them!! omg that sounds epic AF to me

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    He actually wants our planet alive, as long as it's not too far corrupted. He wants a Titan buddy.
    correction, he wants a titan fuck-buddy.

and sargeras definitely views himself as the good guy.

but he's not testing us for anything. if we join him or not, none of us matter to him. we'll all be killed by him in the end. the legion won't survive the burning crusade either.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Sargeras shows up at the end of the Expansion and is all -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    correction, he wants a titan fuck-buddy.

and sargeras definitely views himself as the good guy.

but he's not testing us for anything. if we join him or not, none of us matter to him. we'll all be killed by him in the end. the legion won't survive the burning crusade either.
    if the void dies then his purpose has been filled so if someone can kill the void gods then they do matter to him