Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think they're going to make the original one first.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah - totally no. Replacing WoW would require an immense investment and actually most of the new playerbase cannot be hassled with old-school mmos but prefer games structured through small play sessions that require next to zero preparation beforehand.

Blizzard won't be doing an mmo anytime soon - WoW has been both a milestone and the game that saturated the market at the same time. While i'm confident that Blizzard would be able to make a good Diablo mmo, they simply won't create a competitor for trheir own game. It would just be useless.

If anything, everything new about Diablo were new open positions for a new game in the Diablo universe with specific pointers towards first person engine and 3d animation. It looks more like a Diablo-Skyrim thing.
    Which suites the theme better since we want to fight hordes of monsters and not one/two at a time.
    Not a competitor, a replacement. WoW won't be Dev'd anymore.
    It would be stupid to wait for WoW to completely die before replacing it. These player base would be gone. A new game starting near the planned end of WoW would pick up the same players and new ones.
    Again I don't expect this anytime soon. But before to near 2020 seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Again I don't expect this anytime soon. But before to near 2020 seems about right.
    Well, i cannot predict the future but in 3 years i can see WoW still being running though i don't know if there will be another Blizzard MMO after WoW.
    Also, 3 years is basically nothing to design a huge game to replace WoW. They should have had everything already planned and worked on, and i don't think it's the case.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

IF they did another mmo, the only way I would see them going about it is in a Realm reborn Kind of way yet charging for the new version like an expansion. Completely shut down wow with a huge in game event and bring it back with what would essentially be WoW 2. Completely rebuilt engine for a new age of gaming and some small perks to reflect previous characters. Reincarnate your character or something and get a statue of your former self, hero of azeroth in a housing plot.

The chances of them ever doing another mmo are slim. The chances of them doing one while wow is still active are nonexistent. Everyone has their gripes but no sane person can deny they are a well run business. They would not split players between 2 mmos. Too much work and it would cut into profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been saying "This is Diablo's year at Blizzcon!" for about three years now... It's NEVER Diablo's year.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Diablo 4 or a World of Diablo is really they only way to go. I actually 100% expect a world of Diablo as the wow replacement. It makes sense from the lack of Diablo content for years. It's not as if it's a hard game to add new features for, plenty of other games of the same ilk add them constantly.
    But this year, no maybe 2019, 2020 range. This year, if Necro even comes out before Blizzcon, I'd expect character pack announcements. Maybe they are working on them concurrently, just not saying anything past Necro Dev.
    They're not doing another MMO, at least not until WOW is well and truly over. They're hiring for a new game, and it's a first-person type game, going by the job descriptions. That *could* mean a Fallout/Skyrim version of Diablo, which I would be very interested in, especially if the set it in the earlier eras of the franchise, and let us explore the known areas of the game.

But, there's no hint of what franchise the new game is based on, so it's all speculation. If they were doing D4 or a MMO version of Diablo, you'd be seeing a huge hiring spree for it, and we don't see that.

And, if they announced either this year, you wouldn't see them until 2021 or 2022, games generally take 3-4 years minimum to design and develop, especially an MMO.

They've been hiring for the unannounced game for about a year, maybe more, so I'd expect that game to ship in 3 years. If it's Diablo related, great. If not, I'm still interested to see what they're doing.

Like the one before? Theres nothing left for D3 and dont expect D4 soon. Maybe D2 remaster but thats all.

Deleted
    You'd expect us all to keep expectations low, after the massive hypetrain of last year that really only gave us a dud.

I wish Blizzard would create more epic games. I would kill for a Diablo RPG. I mean a real RPG (with a bit of multiplayer, but not like an mmo) and not another hack'n slay. I think a Diablo like it is now won't attract many people. The concept of a small man clicking everything dead might not get many fans anymore. I love the diablo universe and the diablo games.. but somehow I would love to play an Diablo RPG.

Deleted
    If they do go for the Skyrim-style RPG I hope they keep the fast paced hack-n-slash,flashy, over the top combat that exists in D3, would be a lot of fun to see something like that rather than retreading the now quite pedestrian ES style combat system.

I don't think they will do it and if they do it. I think D4 will be like d3, but won't be that successful, so it will be the last diablo before they change the concept.
    Also my guess for blizzcon: Amazon as character. Why Amazon? It just came to heroes (like the necromancer game before). We won't get another summoner next I think. We miss another class who uses bows/crossbows. Also Spears are really not used. Classweapon might be the javelin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Also my guess for blizzcon: Amazon as character. Why Amazon? It just came to heroes (like the necromancer game before). We won't get another summoner next I think. We miss another class who uses bows/crossbows. Also Spears are really not used. Classweapon might be the javelin.
    I can't really argue with your logic, but I wish I could... Still hoping that the next character pack with be for some kind of Shapeshifter. Doesn't HAVE to be a druid, but something with an emphasis on shifting would be awesome.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

TBH the stash is the only reason I'm doing Seasons at all, and I only have two stash tabs left to obtain. I don't see the point of seasons outside of that really. It might be compelling content for others, but not sustainable for me when I have other games I can play.

I'd love to see more content for D3 ala an expansion or major content patch, but we're not seeing either and the content that's coming up is great but isn't anything groundbreaking that will reinvigorate the game for anyone not doing seasons or playing a Necro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I can't really argue with your logic, but I wish I could... Still hoping that the next character pack with be for some kind of Shapeshifter. Doesn't HAVE to be a druid, but something with an emphasis on shifting would be awesome.
    Animalist? Or something like that

Transform into animals for various combat situation. Turn into a Bear, Cat so on an so forth. That's all I can think of >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Animalist? Or something like that

Transform into animals for various combat situation. Turn into a Bear, Cat so on an so forth. That's all I can think of >_>
    I figured, they could stick with the demonic theme and have a class that shifts into different demon types. a sorta "Use their own powers against them" theme. Could be pretty fun, especially if they use established demons.