Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting extremely frustrated with my Havoc...

So I took a little break when Nighthold started, and came back and started raiding again. I joined a new guild to continue progression and the guild is currently 7/10.

I know I may be lacking gear/optimization atm, but I don't remember myself being so low DPS wise since ever.

Currently doing progression on Star Augur, it feels like my DPS is 98% luck, 2% skill. Rotation is not hard, and unless I'm really fucking it up somewhere, I can't see how to improve. It feels that if I dont generate fury, I'm literally doomed for the rest of the boss. Of course, this is in the opening, if a DH has a bad opening, there's just no way to catch that difference in the remaining of the fight, specially if you've Cinidaria, like I do.

I don't have AotHG, but still... I'm getting more and more frustrated, because of my competitive nature and my desire to improve and having to rely on "luck" just to git gud just feels bad.

Please tell me once you're around 910~ ilvl stuff changes, 'cause otherwise Imma kms.

You can check my logs in my signature. You'll see my Tichondrius log is laughable, even though it was my first kill and I was soaking. I also admit any kind of tip regarding me doing anything wrong in my rotation, if you're actually looking at the logs and want to help lower my frustration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    So I took a little break when Nighthold started, and came back and started raiding again. I joined a new guild to continue progression and the guild is currently 7/10.

I know I may be lacking gear/optimization atm, but I don't remember myself being so low DPS wise since ever.

Currently doing progression on Star Augur, it feels like my DPS is 98% luck, 2% skill. Rotation is not hard, and unless I'm really fucking it up somewhere, I can't see how to improve. It feels that if I dont generate fury, I'm literally doomed for the rest of the boss. Of course, this is in the opening, if a DH has a bad opening, there's just no way to catch that difference in the remaining of the fight, specially if you've Cinidaria, like I do.

I don't have AotHG, but still... I'm getting more and more frustrated, because of my competitive nature and my desire to improve and having to rely on "luck" just to git gud just feels bad.

Please tell me once you're around 910~ ilvl stuff changes, 'cause otherwise Imma kms.

You can check my logs in my signature. You'll see my Tichondrius log is laughable, even though it was my first kill and I was soaking. I also admit any kind of tip regarding me doing anything wrong in my rotation, if you're actually looking at the logs and want to help lower my frustration.
    Hey mate, really sucks to see another post like this, unfortunately it does come down to the ring playing a pretty big part in fury generation.

One thing I did notice, is your verse is quite high, the average advised haste rating for DH is approximately 12%, if you could drop your verse for additional haste / mastery (example being getting the helm from Elis and the shoulders from Star, even on heroic will be fine), that might balance you out a tad.

Also - if you feel your fury is REALLY REALLY bad, you can always go for Demonic Appetite, however this is not recommended. This way you can be in control of your fury, and with a tad luck, get a lot of Souls from the chaos strikes which in turn replenish your fury - however this will gimp any form of rotation you have, however you will not have any downtime, as if you have no fury for chaos strike, you'll be using demon strike to gen fury.

Hope this helps mate and best of luck.

Marv

Deleted
    Unfortunately I don't think it changes that much with getting more gear. I have the ring and belt and my openers range all the way from around 2.2 million to 3.6 million DPS, which obviously has a huge impact on my total DPS. The ring helps a bit with rng but its not an end-all solution for shit rng. Currently sitting at 5/10M with 904(921) and it's hard to get higher without dropping either the arcway/cos (885 socket/890) set or Gnawed Thumb Ring (885 socket) or getting lucky with titanforging.

One thing I'm hoping helps is finally getting a good EoC once M+ Karazhan opens next week.

Isn't Tich best working with Demonic build / Eye Beam?

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    Isn't Tich best working with Demonic build / Eye Beam?
    if you want to pad the meters, sure. but 0% of the dps you do on the bloods while they're next to tichondrius, is dps that matters. single target the boss, eye beam/artifact the adds when they don't have the leech aura active.

(this is on mythic)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    it does not. i have aothg, shoulders, CoF, 1 meta relic, ok trinkets, 4 set, 909-911 ilvl depending on the trinkets i use, aaand I still sometimes get royally fucked by the rng. at times my fury per second is 25+, and that's when i'm doing 900k sustain single target dps, then on the next pull, it's 15fps, and i'm doing 600k, it's really fucking annoying. sure the ring helps, but it absolutely does not completely remove the fury starvation. The rng of this class is just annoying as hell.
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-03-24 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Wasn't Demon Blades intended to not be the best talent for that row? I do like the passive resource generation, but I despise how much it's dictated by RNG. Hopefully the 7.2.5 balance patch can fix it, because yeah... it's pretty bad right now.

Thought I'd actually post something for once on here. Anyway, no it doesn't currently get any better with gear. The way we currently play, your dps is so tied into your burst windows (esp opener) that a bad string of rng at those times can/will completely ruin your dps for that pull. The ring helps for sure, but it's not as much of a game-changer that people without it seem to think it is. Again, it helps quite a bit, but it's not like it magically makes you immune to bad rng.

That said, assuming things stay the way they are, things will be better when ToS releases and we can get t20. Currently, 2pc t20 sims with high enough fury generation that it actually makes AotHG useless as it would be providing mostly overflow fury. Oddly, it's looking like belt+sephuz is what people are going to want at that point. Unfortunately, that's still a few months off, but if you can hold out, it definitely looks like some of our rng problem will be smoothed out next tier.

Hey Shiro!

Sadly I also think it doesn't get better. This is all class design adding RNG on top of RNG. It's so much truth that even fight length plays a role in your dps: 1 meta vs 2 metas without shoulders and such.
    I suggest just practising on bosses until you get everything perfect plus removing most RNG from procs; that is, staying away from Foci, Ruse set, and such. Maybe even switching out belt for Trinket/Shoulders if you have either.
    I've seen improvement just by spaming bosses for practise/rerolls. The more you play flawlessly the better dps you get. Once you get a good enough parse, you start feeling better mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    it does not. i have aothg, shoulders, CoF, 1 meta relic, ok trinkets, 4 set, 909-911 ilvl depending on the trinkets i use, aaand I still sometimes get royally fucked by the rng.
    Do you think its better combo than ring + belt? I dont have shoulders so cant test myself but sometimes I think belt is still better due many adds on fight and how much damage it can do at opener.

The belt maybe BiS for your overall dps but for Augur you're basically using just 1 legendary.

100-90% only grand conjunction happens, and this should be just once, 90-0% the 3 phases happen the actual difficult part of the fight that you'll progress and wipe on, so if you care more about killing the boss than your warcraft log ranks i would swap out to another legendary, the only other place this works is 100-90% on the phase 3 adds i don't consider that to be worth it either.

Hey man. Haven't seen you post around here for a while, good to see you around again.

Your issue isn't isolated, we're all feeling it. I'm running a 904(916) with AOTHG+KJBW, haven't gotten shoulders or belt yet. I've been experiencing the same things. The ring feels great to have but as others have already stated numerous times, it doesn't completely eliminate a string of bad RNG. The only things I've been able to do to try and minimize it is hyper-focus on making sure to stick in melee range at ALL times to get as many autoattacks as possible. It doesn't help all that much.

Just hold out until TOS where T20 will completely change the game.

Really wish they'd just make DemBl 100% proc and adjust damage/fury accordingly (assume 65% reduction in both could work but who knows). Make it more in line with Warrior and other class's resource generation in being predictable.

In my experience crit rng affects your opener/overall dps much more than db rng, though this is coming from someone without aothg. Most of the time I have a bad opener it seems to be because I didn't crit cs 3+ times in a row even with almost 55% effective crit on cs. Granted I'm also getting very few db procs during that time but it's not just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Do you think its better combo than ring + belt? I dont have shoulders so cant test myself but sometimes I think belt is still better due many adds on fight and how much damage it can do at opener.
    ring + belt is probably the next best option, and on some fights the best one. shoulders alone don't do much, you need 2 or 3 meta relics, and good uptime on boss + the ring, to be able to line meta with every chaosblades/nemesis. or alternatively, cof and the shoulders. While it's true you can utilize the belt better on fights with adds, you also need to remember that quite often, single target is what matters the most. most adds die in a timely fashion anyway and are below 90% almost instantly, so unless you're padding the meters on adds that are @100% hp all the time, like the bloods on tichondrius mythic, i would say the shoulders will eventually end up helping you more.

I'm also having a lot of rng problems. Would you recommend going with a Demonic build even if you will do less dps, but with an outcome more stable? Also, Demon blades build is boring as fuck, at least with Demonic you have to be proactive with fragments

Stop bitching about and etc , I don't have the freaking RING and Im one of the BEST DPSERS in MY GUILD , So GET GOOD .

Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    Stop bitching about and etc , I don't have the freaking RING and Im one of the BEST DPSERS in MY GUILD , So GET GOOD .
    maybe your guild is just shit tho? anyway, no one is complaining about the dps, just the rng nature of the spec.
    Last edited by aGit; 2017-03-24 at 09:23 PM.

Based on the way the class is designed at this moment, even with the ring you're still looking at complete RNG. Its no different than playing a fire mage in cata with the legendary staff. One pull you're god tier, the next way below that. Critting matters, and doing that while chaos blades (based on current mastery levels 40%+) damage while in meta, just going to town.

To top that out some of our best trinkets are RNG, which vastly effects openers (Foci/Momento), and if you're fortunate enough to have it the 2p from CoS/Arcway. Personally it doesn't bother me, but if its driving you insane its probably not the type of class you want to come back to. When you get your ring, you will have more consistency, but you will still see pulls where you are below your average.

Deleted
    Opener damage on Star Augur is completely irrelevant, tho. And overall damage is kind of, too. It literally does not matter how fast you do 100-90% on that boss. It is all about maxing out the damage in phases 2/3/4 to avoid certain casts by the boss (3rd Fel Nova, for example). After the nerfs, I would say that P3/4 damage is the most important now, since that is were the chances of messing up and wiping is the highest.

For example, our other DH and me are pretty close in overall damage in our kill https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done , but if you look at phases 3/4, I did 23 million more damage than him. He just has 10.5 million damage in phase 1 which didn't help kill the boss if we are honest

Depending on the alternatives, I would seriously consider dropping the belt for another legendary, because it will boost P2/3/4 damage. Prydaz is also great for surviving the Icy Ejections and the 2nd cast of the adds in P4.

Other than that, you damage is fine. I had ~70k simDPS more than you on our kill. Relative to that, your DPS is where it should be.

P.S.: If you wear the Urn for the fear in P4, the use-effect does no work there

Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    Not according to your logs.