Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Roll vengeance, smaller dps but more useful.

I wasn't one of the chosen Demon Hunters to get the ring, so I had to start sacrificing ilvl for Crit pieces, even to the toon of 865 Crit/Mastery over 890+ Haste/Vers items before I saw my DPS being competitive and not completely me standing there waiting for DB to proc. It wasn't until I got the 4pc set + over 40% crit that I didn't want to just stick a warglaive up my ass out of frustration.

Even still, you will have down periods where RNG is just laughing at you and you'll watch yourself slide from way out in front on the pull to higher middle of the pack because you just have moments where you can do nothing but wait for resources or stuff to come off CD. The spec is maddening as it currently stands, and if it weren't for liking the visuals and flavor of the class (fel grape), I'd have just gone and played something more consistent and predictable like Ret or Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    if you want to pad the meters, sure. but 0% of the dps you do on the bloods while they're next to tichondrius, is dps that matters. single target the boss, eye beam/artifact the adds when they don't have the leech aura active.

(this is on mythic)

it does not. i have aothg, shoulders, CoF, 1 meta relic, ok trinkets, 4 set, 909-911 ilvl depending on the trinkets i use, aaand I still sometimes get royally fucked by the rng. at times my fury per second is 25+, and that's when i'm doing 900k sustain single target dps, then on the next pull, it's 15fps, and i'm doing 600k, it's really fucking annoying. sure the ring helps, but it absolutely does not completely remove the fury starvation. The rng of this class is just annoying as hell.
    Kinda wrong, with head, eyebeaming on those bloods is a single target increase, less eye beam cd=more metamorphosis, more annilihations, etc. Another reason is to practically solo the bat phase which had quite a dps check at the start of mythic nh, hence why some guilds bought/rented accounts that had a dh with the head. It legit solo'd the last 2-3 waves if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    So I took a little break when Nighthold started, and came back and started raiding again. I joined a new guild to continue progression and the guild is currently 7/10.

I know I may be lacking gear/optimization atm, but I don't remember myself being so low DPS wise since ever.

Currently doing progression on Star Augur, it feels like my DPS is 98% luck, 2% skill. Rotation is not hard, and unless I'm really fucking it up somewhere, I can't see how to improve. It feels that if I dont generate fury, I'm literally doomed for the rest of the boss. Of course, this is in the opening, if a DH has a bad opening, there's just no way to catch that difference in the remaining of the fight, specially if you've Cinidaria, like I do.

I don't have AotHG, but still... I'm getting more and more frustrated, because of my competitive nature and my desire to improve and having to rely on "luck" just to git gud just feels bad.

Please tell me once you're around 910~ ilvl stuff changes, 'cause otherwise Imma kms.

You can check my logs in my signature. You'll see my Tichondrius log is laughable, even though it was my first kill and I was soaking. I also admit any kind of tip regarding me doing anything wrong in my rotation, if you're actually looking at the logs and want to help lower my frustration.
    Back to OP. I checked both your armory and your logs and there's quite a bit I can point out. First being that you should be using mark of the claw, not only does this proc a lot, it also helps with fury regen and crit refunding since its a free 1k crit. Once your gear gets a lot better satyr will outscale again, but already simmed you and that's by far not the case for you yet. Another thing you should do is change your ring crit enchants to mastery. You have more then enough crit, but way too little mastery. Your dps would change by quite a lot if you had a lot more mastery.

tl;dr mark of the claw for neck, mastery enchants for rings also mastery gem. Not crit. Haste isn't too important for you because you don't have the ring, however I'd recommend you going for the 10-11% soft cap that is recommended for the non ring users. Don't go overboard past that point.

Next point I went into your logs, specifically star augur since I've been progressing on that fucker for awhile now so could probably give you some tips. I went through your guild logs and observed your last 32 wipes on the boss. Got a few pointers for you that would probably help you by a lot and make atleast your opener a bit more consistent. While flying in balls deep with meta looks awesome and all, you're probably best to change your opener to FR>FB>Meta>Nemesis+CB>death sweep>foti, etc this is the part where fb would reset, keep in mind that the moment you hit meta you reset your auto attack meaning you'll immediately auto attack which could be a db proc and a felblade proc which you'd lose on pull by going ham, this solution is just to make your opener more consistent and less auto attacky.

Normally without lust and meta I'd say use prolonged power on pull, but you got belt so nvm.

You don't consistently pool fury before popping Nemesis and Chaos blades? Sometimes you do and sometimes you just spend fury on chaos strike and blade dance going sub 50 fury before popping foti? You want to pool fury and maximize that burst window, chaos blades only remains for 12 seconds, you have to make everything count in that window. You might already be doing this but since It's 4 am idk, I might be wrong but I'll just throw it out there.

Since It's 4am I'll wrap this up with one final thing which I've caught you rarely doing in your logs. When fel nova is about to appear you'll wanna plan your next actions accordingly. 1: where are you going? When is it going to happen? <- judging by this few things are bound to happen. Your foti WILL line up right before a fel nova, now what I have seen you do is foti and vengeful retreat, which is good. However there are two things you could of done a lot better. You should of pooled atleast 50 fury and used foti right before he's about to fel nova chances are high you'll do this cause its going to be off cooldown, then turn to the direction you're gonna run to and fel rush, this does more damage than vengeful retreat but at the only occurs a 0.5 second global cooldown. Turn towards the boss and eye beam, this does more damage than using throw glaive. Then just fel rush back in.

I hope this helped and good luck on your progress! You're always welcome to add me on btag if you want me to delve into your logs even deeper!
    Last edited by mmoc8984276725; 2017-03-25 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    So I took a little break when Nighthold started, and came back and started raiding again. I joined a new guild to continue progression and the guild is currently 7/10.

I know I may be lacking gear/optimization atm, but I don't remember myself being so low DPS wise since ever.

Currently doing progression on Star Augur, it feels like my DPS is 98% luck, 2% skill. Rotation is not hard, and unless I'm really fucking it up somewhere, I can't see how to improve. It feels that if I dont generate fury, I'm literally doomed for the rest of the boss. Of course, this is in the opening, if a DH has a bad opening, there's just no way to catch that difference in the remaining of the fight, specially if you've Cinidaria, like I do.

I don't have AotHG, but still... I'm getting more and more frustrated, because of my competitive nature and my desire to improve and having to rely on "luck" just to git gud just feels bad.

Please tell me once you're around 910~ ilvl stuff changes, 'cause otherwise Imma kms.

You can check my logs in my signature. You'll see my Tichondrius log is laughable, even though it was my first kill and I was soaking. I also admit any kind of tip regarding me doing anything wrong in my rotation, if you're actually looking at the logs and want to help lower my frustration.
    I can tell you this, it happends to ring users aswell, on Star Augur mythic, the fury starvation is annoying as fuck, you come behind so easily with a shitty opener, I've already killed Star Augur and I notice every try we did, I had luck few tries and some tries I had no luck at all with fury Welcome to the demon hunter the most RNG class out there when it comes to have okayish dps

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Opener damage on Star Augur is completely irrelevant, tho. And overall damage is kind of, too. It literally does not matter how fast you do 100-90% on that boss. It is all about maxing out the damage in phases 2/3/4 to avoid certain casts by the boss (3rd Fel Nova, for example). After the nerfs, I would say that P3/4 damage is the most important now, since that is were the chances of messing up and wiping is the highest.

For example, our other DH and me are pretty close in overall damage in our kill https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done , but if you look at phases 3/4, I did 23 million more damage than him. He just has 10.5 million damage in phase 1 which didn't help kill the boss if we are honest

Depending on the alternatives, I would seriously consider dropping the belt for another legendary, because it will boost P2/3/4 damage. Prydaz is also great for surviving the Icy Ejections and the 2nd cast of the adds in P4.

Other than that, you damage is fine. I had ~70k simDPS more than you on our kill. Relative to that, your DPS is where it should be.

P.S.: If you wear the Urn for the fear in P4, the use-effect does no work there
    IDk I just got annoyed seeing as I was in the bottom of recoutns after I joined this new guild. I knew gear had something to do with it, but if I'm not sucking... then I guess it's fine.

Fucking legendaries.

I wearn the urn because I don't have anything better :P

Deleted
    I was in the bottom of recoutns after I joined this new guild.
    You will be top in Skada.