Poll: Do you like Odyn?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    That's the thing though, Odyn doesn't represent warriors, he represents himself and his valarjar (which includes 1 mortal warrior). What the rest of warriorkind has been up to all expac who knows, prolly fighting over warden towers I suppose.
    Yes, but he is the leader of the warrior orderhall, and who else are they going to put there instead? Hymdall? Odyn is a lot more recognizable, iconic and is the actual orderhall leader.

Which leaves me to wonder why they put Kor'vas as the DH representation. yes, I know, DH choose either Altruis or Kayn in their startign zone, but it's canon that Kayn is the one that stuck with the Illidari.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    Yes, but he is the leader of the warrior orderhall, and who else are they going to put there instead? Hymdall? Odyn is a lot more recognizable, iconic and is the actual orderhall leader.

Which leaves me to wonder why they put Kor'vas as the DH representation. yes, I know, DH choose either Altruis or Kayn in their startign zone, but it's canon that Kayn is the one that stuck with the Illidari.
    Yeah, I get why they did it, just that to me it was yet another painful reminder that our order hall has nothing to do with warriors.

He's an interesting character, but not a very good person. He believes he's a good person and does try to do things for the greater good, but he's a really bad judge of how to accomplish those things without causing greater harm along the way.

I have no idea if all that was intentional from Blizzard (I hope it was, but I'm not convinced it was), but I like it in general. I get warriors being unhappy with it, though, and I also hope he gets a really big comeuppance. Odyn forced to reexamine all the horrible things he did in the name of the greater good would be an interesting storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And as I said to you if you believe you can write better go get a job there.
    Hey let's use fallacies to act like we're making a valid point....

It doesn't work that way buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Hey let's use fallacies to act like we're making a valid point....

It doesn't work that way buddy.
    Okie dokie. Again if people here think they can do better than Blizzard or any other gaming company go to their site and apply. I'm sure as hell I can't.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings

Take a look through see if there is anything for Story/Lore stuff.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-24 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    well, I like him, so I guess it worked

I've always been really suspicious of Odyn. Maybe it's because I main a rogue, but whatever. He makes all these arbitrary trials of "valour" (whatever the fuck that even means...) for you to go on to prove yourself, and yet his backstory has him as one of the least valourous people. He looks at me as if my adventures and struggles through The Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, the Cataclysm, the Elemental Planes, Pandaria, and an alternate universe Draenor meant fuck all when he himself has literally done NOTHING. I almost feel like he's putting on a obnoxious, arrogant, almost goofy act because he's acting hiding something serious and sinister, like maybe an old god corruption or legion influence. Like every time he pops up, I'm just like, "Go back, sit in your sky-castle and guzzle a mug of mead back bud. Let the professional heroes do the work here."

And I expected a lot more from Helya. I hope her story isn't over. We never learned what pact she made with Sylvanas, and I feel as though everyone kinda handwaved the fact that her story is actually tragic; her situation was entirely Odyn's fault, and the one form of justice that she obtained (sealing Odyn away) has now been reversed. I wouldn't mind seeing a Helya redemption and Odyn knocked down a few pegs; maybe throw a bucket of water on his beard or something lol.

Okie dokie. Again if people here think they can do better than Blizzard or any other gaming company go to their site and apply. I'm sure as hell I can't.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings

Take a look through see if there is anything for Story/Lore stuff.
    Once again you're acting like you're winning an argument when you're losing it badly. Just stop. They won't take Joe Blow even if Joe Blow COULD write better. You are making a fallacious argument and acting like it's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Once again you're acting like you're winning an argument when you're losing it badly. Just stop. They won't take Joe Blow even if Joe Blow COULD write better. You are making a fallacious argument and acting like it's a good one.
    They would if Joe Blow had qualifications and experience. Like I said if people here think they can do any better then go apply.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hate Odyn. I really hate him. I hate his beard, i hate his pompous voice, i hate he plays authority when he's just an impotent piece of shit, jailed into Valhalla. I wish they made the story somehow different so we helped Helya instad of that arrogant imbecile who thinks he can trials every 5 minutes, demands tributes and things that strength is superior to intelligence. LAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I hate Odyn. I really hate him. I hate his beard, i hate his pompous voice, i hate he plays authority when he's just an impotent piece of shit, jailed into Valhalla. I wish they made the story somehow different so we helped Helya instad of that arrogant imbecile who thinks he can trials every 5 minutes, demands tributes and things that strength is superior to intelligence. LAL.
    A skinny nerdy guy versus a buff athletic person in a fight. Who do you think is gonna win that fight?

7+ Year Old Account
    i hate him.
    with a passion.

im glad i dont play a warrior anymore, he and his valor obsessed valarjar would drive me insane.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole copy-paste fanfic of northern mythology seems contrived. Don't like it.

Picking lesser know items from mythology and drawing inspiration from it can be cool, even directly hinting at it a little bit, but simply copying their names and whole hierarchy feels like the kind of writing a teenage boy with a poor fantasy would do.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Why do you let it bother you so much to begin with?
    He's a giant metal man Somewhere between the Lich king that screams about valor and everything bad he does is swept under the rug. Even sylvanas has issues. But even sylvanas doesn't enslave. All of odyn she problems stem from jealousy and an inability to understand the consequences of an action, he's genuinely flabbergasted when helya turns on him.

- - - Updated - - -

A skinny nerdy guy versus a buff athletic person in a fight. Who do you think is gonna win that fight?
    If the nerdy guy locks the buff guy in a room and throws away the key he's fucked until he calls for help. Basically what odyn did.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    WTF are you referring to? I see no relevance to my opinion about a shitty written repetitive char in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    WTF are you referring to? I see no relevance to my opinion about a shitty written repetitive char in the game.
    I meant the whole Strength vs Intelligence thing. Was just making a joke

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Odin has a quite enjoyable character in-game. Very little is said out loud about him and he is mostly happy and loud, which is normally a likeable thing.

I do think we are supposed to like him, since he is made so that he really likes us
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Urge to have furious sex with few jungle muscle girls.

Wait, what ?
    You fucking wot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think Odin has a quite enjoyable character in-game. Very little is said out loud about him and he is mostly happy and loud, which is normally a likeable thing.

I do think we are supposed to like him, since he is made so that he really likes us

I'm convinced odyn would clap his hands and laugh if the demons brought him balloons. The guy says he will throw you out of his halls if you don't give him his meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I meant the whole Strength vs Intelligence thing. Was just making a joke
    I'll reply to you, seriously. Smart guys can win mongol meatbag grunts.

Proof: The Indiana Jones movie scene, where a sword wielding warrior shows off his skills to Indy before attacking with a set of intricate and complicated twirls. Indy just shoots him with his revolver. Indy wins :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I reckon we should have saved Helya and deposed Odyn, honestly.
    To what end?
    Odyn can/is willing to do more to defend Azeroth.
    Helya was a victim, true, but she turned evil.