Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was to differentiate between the two in a sense. I think it was fans who came up with "chocolate" during the streams leading up to SL. Devs liked it and started repeating it, so it more or less became a "thing". I like it, myself.
    i thought it also had to do with the massive amount of improvements/changes/additions they had made during "vanilla" Rift. Before the first expansion was even announced, through patches the game had transformed so much from vanilla it was not fair to call it vanilla. At the time, they really did release new content at record breaking paces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    i thought it also had to do with the massive amount of improvements/changes/additions they had made during "vanilla" Rift. Before the first expansion was even announced, through patches the game had transformed so much from vanilla it was not fair to call it vanilla. At the time, they really did release new content at record breaking paces.
    As far as I remember, that wasn't the reason. Though its legendary level of support was will still be something that will likely never been matched by another developer.

Similar to the whole SWTOR "the game which shall not be named" nonsense where they refused to mention WoW by name. Rift fans/devs wanted to differentiate themselves a bit when referencing "vanilla", and came up with a far less cringeworthy solution compared to SWTOR : P

This is just.....I don't even have words. They can't even handle what they have on their plates. Content release has slowed to a crawl compared to chocolate days, and what does come out is bugged and ends up getting disabled half the time. Instead of talking about fixing things, they are talking about this huge project, that they are not even really sure will be well received? If they can even get it working right it would be a miracle at this point. Why are they even talking about stuff like this when they literally do not even have half of what they said would be in at launch working properly. This is not the time to even be thinking new big projects. They should be thinking about, discussing and fixing the problems they currently are having.

Man, i can't imagine the guy mailing slipmats marketing payloads is hopeful at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Unless Rift comes to Ps4, I give no fuck's to be honest.

Even then its likely I give no fucks. Trion can't put out content so it seems they are just re-releasing the same content on a harder setting...
    They would never dedicate the time and money to port a dying outdated MMORPG to PS4. I can't imagine why anyone wants to play an MMO with a controller, but was this ever a discussion with Trion?

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone wants to play an MMO with a controller, but was this ever a discussion with Trion?
    I guess you've never tried FFXIV. Designed for a controller and great with one. Being able to lean back in my chair and be more comfortable than hunched over a keyboard and mouse is quite relaxing, and just as effective.

No, the team needs to focus and stop messing around with these new ideas until they've stabilized this game. It's a massive train wreck with glue barely holding it together.

How can grinding for 2 weeks to get the last level without a purchased XP potion get any harder?