New monk buffs for 7.2

Windwalker Monks now deal 8% more damage with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Rising Sun Kick.

Is that enough of a buff to equal out the legendary changes?

I sure hope so. Im fairly close to quiting the game because ive devoted so much time and effort into my monk and even when I parsed 99% on mythic star augur yesterday I got obliterated by our rogue who parsed 54. this shits breaking my spirit and its hard as fuck to change mains and keep my raid spot

While I don't know the math for the effect of the nerfs, you can pretty easily calculate the math of the 8% buff.

RSK/TP/BoK are roughly 25% of damage ST (depends on relics, etc), so it's roughly 2% DPS buff ST. It's much less AOE (eg a botanist fight I checked had 15% damage from those 3 sources).

So, on a 700K Krosus, you might get 15K more DPS. I'm not sure that undoes the nerf to the boots by themselves nevermind the bracers for ST only, so it's obviously not going to make up for the nerfs. It would have been a justified buff without the legendary nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdn813 View Post
    Windwalker Monks now deal 8% more damage with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Rising Sun Kick.

Is that enough of a buff to equal out the legendary changes?

We'll see. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyletheboss View Post
    I sure hope so. Im fairly close to quiting the game because ive devoted so much time and effort into my monk and even when I parsed 99% on mythic star augur yesterday I got obliterated by our rogue who parsed 54. this shits breaking my spirit and its hard as fuck to change mains and keep my raid spot
    Hey man right there with ya

Might want to specify these are PVP buffs only.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Might want to specify these are PVP buffs only.
    Nope. The pvp monk changes were a buff to BrM dmg, flat MW mana regen buff, and AMA SM mana cost reduction. the only WW-related pvp change was changing the name of fortifying elixir to fortifying brew.

It's the bare minimum we should be receiving. People are going to see this and get happy then totally forget that we should still be pushing for reverts on Katsuo's nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broaf View Post
    Nope. The pvp monk changes were a buff to BrM dmg, flat MW mana regen buff, and AMA SM mana cost reduction. the only WW-related pvp change was changing the name of fortifying elixir to fortifying brew.
    I stand corrected.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I stand corrected.
    No, you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    No, you are not.
    ...To stand corrected means to admit you were wrong. It doesn't mean you're still right.

While I appreciate something since it's better than nothing, ultimately I can't see this making an impact at all, at least not offsetting the nerfs they've done to the boots. I wish they had listened to feedback on the PTR about changing fists of fury to 2 by default and leaving the boots. I can't help but feel this is just a bandage fix rather than anything substantial.

Definitely not our BIS legendays seemed to get nerfed just because most classes got their legendarys nerfed at the beginning of 7.1(.5?) while we remained untouched. 8% a quarter of our damage isn't going to bring us to mid pack on ST. If they're going to nerf Katsuo's and DHC to shorten the gap between monks then it was kind of retarded of them to buff the other 2 legendarys as much as they did when they should make FoF cost 2 chi baseline so the playstyle isn't dramatically different between those with boots and those without.

Makes no sense considering WW is the shittiest melee DPS on ST and provides no useful raid utility to make up for it. With T20 most classes are looking solid and actually have interesting bonuses that change up the playstyle but our bounses are just straight fucking trash. +25% FoF crit on ONE target and +50% crit on ONE RSK every 20-24secs are you fucking kidding me? It's just fucking lazy literally anyone could've came up with this half baked piece of shit in 5 minutes on the spot at a dev meeting when coming up with T20 bonuses which is probably what happened. I don't even know what monk's niche is going to be in 7.2 it certainly won't be AOE since we're going to get cucked by DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Definitely not our BIS legendays seemed to get nerfed just because most classes got their legendarys nerfed at the beginning of 7.1(.5?) while we remained untouched.
    You forget they nerfed cloak pretty hard. Now they're nerfing legs that didn't even need nerfs.