Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But guys, when there is the weekly thread about ''poor guy persecuted for losing his ''job'' over screaming antisemit slurs'', you say it's freedom of speech...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean that it's okay to scream ''KILL DUH DJEWS'' when you have a certificate of racial purity signed by your great wizard ?

No kidding.
    The world has a few hundred million Muslims that are anti-Semitic and a few thousand actual Nazis, yet I can pretty easily guess which one you spend more time having fevered dreams about.

wait this insult works, this guy is literally Hitler, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I guess you missed the part where the majority of muslim groups are condemning this imam.
    I'd imagine they're pretty pissed at him for doing something as dumb as being recorded for distribution to kafirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    But guys, when there is the weekly thread about ''poor guy persecuted for losing his ''job'' over screaming antisemit slurs'', you say it's freedom of speech...
    Where are the weekly threads of people defending a call for killing Jews?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sure you could make it illegal with hate speech laws.

But the alt right wouldn't like that. So I can't wait for them to leap to this Imam's defence.
    I think he's coming right up to the line of what's legally permitted - even in nations with extremely strong speech protections, calling for murder is generally illegal if it's considered to contain any plausibly actionable threat. That last part is the catch here - I don't think anyone really thinks this guy or his congregation are about to head out and kill some Jews. They're a bunch of repulsive shitbags, but they should have the right to be repulsive shitbags as long as they're not actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd imagine they're pretty pissed at him for doing something as dumb as being recorded for distribution to kafirs.
    As opposed as doing it online and putting it on YouTube.

Its a post on Canada and still no tennis. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Color me shocked that there's talk like this going on in a Mosque...
    No, it should not be allowed. Same as if a Catholic priest stands in his church calling for the culling of a certain group of people. Religious venues shouldn't be safe havens for spreading hatred, regardless of the religion.

This type of thing brings up an interesting conflict of interests.
    You want to respect and protect the Jewish faith and its people. (of course)
    You want to respect and protect the Muslim faith and its people. (again, of course).
    But Muslim communities tend to carry a lot of anti-Semitic sentiment. Sometimes (such as in this case) to great extremes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Imam is giving a talk at a Mosque in Montreal and calls for the killing of Jews. Should this behavior be illegal?
    Of course it should be, and in most civilized countries, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "To use the themes of the Prophet to spread hatred is actually something that is disrespectful towards the Prophet himself," Asali said.
    Which, of course, is the important thing. When an imam preaches anti-Semitism, the real victim is the Prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dittoooo View Post
    That sounds like a minefield of political blunders for Coderre. The Imam is inciting violence but not actually threatening anyone, so I think it would be best to stay as far away from this one as possible. Let the US deal with it.
    Why let the "US deal with it"? It happened in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    I know, it's not "blatant sexism", right? IMO this imam should get the same amount of attention as Colin Moriarty, don't you think.
    He's getting way more. Did you miss that he's under police investigation for this? Moriarty didn't face any legal repercussions whatsoever. Pretty much the entire Muslim community has also disavowed this guy's comments. He's getting way less public support than Moriarty did.

If he was getting "the same amount of attention as Colin Moriarty", he'd be getting way less attention.

"Islam is a religion of peace!" Yes, the permanent, eternal kind it seems. Not so much peaceful towards your fellow man kind.

That said, maybe it's xenophobia speaking, but given the track record of extremists, I'd not let this sort of talk go unnoticed. Wouldn't punish it, but I'd definately not ignore it at all.

It's actually illegal to criticize this imam in Canada now, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    But it seems odd that something like this happen?
    Does it, really? You know, you can acknowledge that not all muslims are extremists and still not be very surprised by this story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

"Words" in this case should be illegal, because there are radical people that follow through with it. It's basically on the level of hiring a hitman to kill someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Does it, really? You know, you can acknowledge that not all muslims are extremists and still not be very surprised by this story.
    It seems odd that it happen in Quebec, is my point.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The only concession I am willing to make in regards to free speech is calls to violence against any group, in any way. I entirely support the right of garbage people to spout their hateful filth as long as it adheres to that one rule. Morons like this imam are their own worst enemy.