Bring back Soul Swap and put MG and Soul Swap in the same tier

MG for single target Soul Swap for multi dotting easy fix. Would have to move some talents around. As long as WIA and SOul Swap are in different tiers it should work nicely. Putting a 20 stacked Agony, Corruption and SL on a new target with 1 global and 1 soul shard would provide us with powerful multi dotting potential without the additional ramp up time at the cost of single target dps as we'd lose MG. ST would still be decent with WIA and SE however so we wouldn't feel completely useless in ST between adds. Maybe just put MG in place of Empowered Life Tap put Contagion in tier 1 in place of MG and put Soul Swap in place of Contagion?

So
    Tier 1 would be Haunt WIA Contagion
    Tier 2 would be Soul Swap AC MG

You could do Haunt/MG or Contagion/MG or even WIA/MG possibly for pure st spec drain turret spec
    You could do WIA Soul Swap for multi dotting with SE for respectable ST

Soulswap should be baseline but there would have to be a way for them to figure out how to balance it around UA. That's the problem with UA as a spender...

Personally I think they should remove phantom singularity and give us back soulburning and replace PS with soulburn:haunt. Would be a strong multidotting talent which we could use right now.

Deleted
    Soul Swap should definitely be baseline, as should Haunt and replace it with Soulburn: Haunt on the talents. Remove UA as a spender and make DoTs scale with haste again. I like Affliction as it is, but it was so much better in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Soul Swap should definitely be baseline, as should Haunt and replace it with Soulburn: Haunt on the talents. Remove UA as a spender and make DoTs scale with haste again. I like Affliction as it is, but it was so much better in MoP
    Soulburning added flavor to affliction, It should have never been removed in the first place.

No thanks to all the ideas in here. Affliction is perfectly fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Locks4fun View Post
    MG for single target Soul Swap for multi dotting easy fix. Would have to move some talents around. As long as WIA and SOul Swap are in different tiers it should work nicely. Putting a 20 stacked Agony, Corruption and SL on a new target with 1 global and 1 soul shard would provide us with powerful multi dotting potential without the additional ramp up time at the cost of single target dps as we'd lose MG. ST would still be decent with WIA and SE however so we wouldn't feel completely useless in ST between adds. Maybe just put MG in place of Empowered Life Tap put Contagion in tier 1 in place of MG and put Soul Swap in place of Contagion?

So
    Tier 1 would be Haunt WIA Contagion
    Tier 2 would be Soul Swap AC MG

You could do Haunt/MG or Contagion/MG or even WIA/MG possibly for pure st spec drain turret spec
    You could do WIA Soul Swap for multi dotting with SE for respectable ST
    Putting both WIA and Contagion on the same tier would be a pretty significant nerf for multi-dotting.
    And allowing Haunt to be used with MG would be insanely broken.

I liked Soul Swap, but I don't think it would work with how affliction works now. We can put up to five UAs on a target. If we soul swapped them to everything in sight like we did in MoP, Affliction would be god tier and have to be nerfed into the ground to compensate. We'd have one niche of mass aoe cleave and be terrible at everything else to compensate, which would bring us back to how we were at patch 7.0.

Soul swap should have never been removed in the first place. The problem was with snapshotting empowered dots and keeping them up for 40-50sec it had nothing to do with soul swap.

You guys really don't remember all the problems in pve with soulswap? I do agree though if it was implemented in the proper way it would be a nice thing to replace phantom singularity, although wouldn't it make more sense in the same tier as sow the seeds?

Providing it was balanced accordingly around UA it would be fine. There is absolutely no reason for it not to be in the game right now.

Lets say soulswap doesn't replicate any dots which cost a soulshard such as UA.

That would be a quick and easy fix for soulswap.

Just putting ideas out there...

I think they could easily make it work if they wanted too.