Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    iLvl is all that matters...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I won't. Make it like BC again. Where epics were rare and ledgendaries were a handful per server.
    Yeah BC, the expansion that introduced vendors and dungeons with epics.

Is your memory really short or did you just not play BC?

I even forgot that ''white'' gear existed, the gear thats lower than green gear which you used to wear durng the vanilla 1-60 leveling. But since TBC the green gear is what you always get from questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It's funny; people will happily admit that greens and blues are now essentially pointless, but if anyone suggests making epics rare again everyone loses their shit.
    Yeah every single thread I've seen someone mention it people have been roasting them alive, "oh you're just another 1337 special snowflake who wants to be the only one wearing epic items!11!".

What's the point in item quality when there is no point in item quality? Why can't LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic have different colours for quick and easy distingishing betweeen the different versions of the same item? Makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    I won't. Make it like BC again. Where epics were rare and ledgendaries were a handful per server.
    Cataclysm actually started like that; for quite some time you were mostly clad in blues, with just a few purples. I had to run arena PvP to get a weapon upgrade because otherwise it just didn't drop.

epics were never rare to begin with, everyone ran around with epic's in vanilla, the only difference with today are the amount of sources you can get them from and in relation with that, how much easier it is to get a full set of gear.
    green and blues were gone as soon as you were able to go onixia40/mc/zg15/(later aq20) it only took people longer to get into that entry level.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Once again I suggest for all items regardless of where they came from:

normal = green
    warforged = blue
    titanforged = purple

The prestige is no longer in the purple but in the color of the gear on the character and the "Mythic" under the name of the item, they could remove the colors and no one would care, there's still prestige in the game, its just not in the color of the item.

And people LOVE to say epics were hard to get in vanilla, they weren't, people really just didn't try to get them. Leveling 1-60 was more of a block to get epics than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah BC, the expansion that introduced vendors and dungeons with epics.

Is your memory really short or did you just not play BC?
    Of course not, you'd have to be an 80's borne to actually have had a decent experience of vanilla and forward. So I don't buy it when these vanilla and tbc threads come up.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Greens and blues are for the leveling process
    Afterwards? Its a mark of shame

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    A green lasts you a day in a new expansion before you inevitably get a blue, and blues are just known to be immediately replaced by epics first 2-3 weeks you hit max level, so what's the point of these anymore? Moral masturbation as you get that small mental high of seeing an upgrade in color of your gear?

I don't know, this whole system is behind the times. It made more sense in pre-BC and BC because the gear was a lot more gated since there were a lot less options to get upgrades, but nowadays what's the point really, aside from epic -> legendary.
    I wish people would think before they post. Greens are for dust and blues are for crystals in enchanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

They're pre-level cap progression gear. At level cap, they're enchanting mats.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would assume
    A. leveling
    B. chanting
    C. if we just have purple and orange there is no point in rarities then is there? other then to have whites and greys still? but even then what is the difference between white armor and grey armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    What's the point in item quality when there is no point in item quality?
    Exactly.

Why not get rid of the Titanforged nonsense, make ALL end game gear rare (blue) by default, and if it upgrades it becomes epic (purple).

But, no. The usual crowd will be out claiming "IT DUN MATTER!!!1!!1!11!!!!", while the spittle-flecked rage they employ at their screen proves that, to them, it obviously does matter.

Sadly no, and I miss it. I miss feeling excitement when I get a blue and downright exhilaration upon receiving an epic. There's nothing wrong with having a bunch of green gear. It means when you upgrade it you actually feel something. Right now gear quality means NOTHING in WoW, and that's sad. All that matters is ilevel. The color of the gear is irrelevant.

The fact is they could literally just make all gear green, or blue, or purple, or whatever color you want to pick and it would make zero difference in the game. And that's idiotic design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary now is epic back then, epic now is rare back then, ...

You might need an upgrade. If its just a green, its still an upgrade. You might have been missing out on getting that leg/ring/boot/etc for 12 dungeons. It happens.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-03-25 at 06:32 PM.

Its not really that different from vanilla. Atleast I cant remember wearing greens after I got lvl60 and started doing lvl60 quests or dungeons. I was full blues when I went to raids. I just levelled one alt to 110 and half the gear he had was green gear.

They might as well make all items gray. Stats is what only matters.

Greens = Disenchant/Transmog
    Blue = NO one uses low levels shards to level enchanting /Transmog
    Purple = Gear/Disenchanting/Trasnmog