Thread: 7.2 Arms F.A.Q.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.2 Arms F.A.Q.

7.2 Arms thingys!

Q: What traits should I get first?
    A: Go for the new golden trait, after that whichever trait sims the best for you. The value of ETW, PS, DB and CB vary to much between different chars that it's impossible for me to give a definitive answer that fits all.

Q: Arms or Fury in 7.2?
    A: Same answer as in 7.1.5, whichever you want, they're both real good!

Q: What relics should I use?
    A: Same as in 7.1.5

Q: Should I use BS on single target now?
    A: Bladestorm is not worht using more than it is in 7.1.5. We need T20 for Bladestorm to be worth using as a single target nuke. (Note that it's really damn good with the new trait on AoE tho)

Q: Should we still look to use a Crafter neck?
    A: Yes, if you can get your hands on a Savant (Pure Mastery), it's going to remain BiS almost forever, if you don't have a Savant, high itemlevel necks with good stats may edge out. Also depends on how efficiently you can utilize Heroic Charge on any given fight, obviously. (Note that Crated Gear goes up to 875 with 7.2)

Q: How will T20 / new raid trinkets change things?
    A: Raid is still a while away, I'll look into those things when it becomes more relevant.

Q: What Legendarys should we use?
    A: Long answer; The value of our Legendarys as Arms vary greatly depending on what gear you have, and what relics you are using. Also obviously depends on what piece of gear you're replacing.
    Short answer; Note, used a generic NH Heroic geared Profile, with a crafted Savant neck. The results on this picture may or may not represent what you'll see if you sim it out yourself for your own char. http://imgur.com/a/Ov79u

Just some quick things for 7.2 to get you started!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    What about Furystone neck with haste/mastery?
    Still bigger gain than secondary stats from prydaz?

Short answer, sim it.
    Long answer, Prydaz is quite a good legendary, if you have a weak to mediocre neck piece. Issue with it tho is the relative ease that you can acquire a good crafted neck, which is really strong.
    My Stream

Anything special with the execute phase after picking up the new golden trait?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it SERIOUSLY fcking true that Prot legendary gloves are better for arms spec dps than Arms gloves are?

Will the new golden trait change Execute phase? From what I've found, no, but I'll need to do more testing before I can give a definitive answer for this question.
    Why are prot gloves above Arms gloves? The stats on the arms gloves are just awful, where as the prot ones are decently itemized. This leads to the Arms gloves losing value the better item is that you're replacing. At low gear the stats on it matters less, and the effect makes it really strong, but the better gear you get, the worse they become. Sim it with your own char if you want to know what's best for yourself.
    My Stream

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    When prot gloves worth more than arms gloves? Then it should get a buff?

Did anyone tell blizzard bout this?

They nerfed them allready, not taking a step back, that would be crazy!!

They could also just buff crit (conversion), but well, they could . . .

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    well if a other spec gloves is better than your spec gloves, then it is undertuned

they either bring it back to 10 rage, or add mastery in it instead of crit

Well, Arms gloves is better than Prot gloves, it's just that the gloves combined with the ring comes out slightly weaker than ring + prot gloves, as the rage gain from the gloves is slightly negated by the free execute procs. If we were to complain about the gloves, it would be the purely abysmal stats that they have, as the effect in of itself is really damn strong.
    My Stream

Ring must have skyrocketed in value due to Executioner's Precision. How long does the buff last and is it worth it to stack it at two to save a GCD during execute phase?

7+ Year Old Account
    By "first get new golden trait" do you mean the execute buffing MS one or the "concordance of legionfall"?

That random versatility buff seems rather lackluster...
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Conniption View Post
    Ring must have skyrocketed in value due to Executioner's Precision. How long does the buff last and is it worth it to stack it at two to save a GCD during execute phase?
    So the duration of the MS buff by executioner's precision is 30 secs. per wowhead. So 2x this buff make MS essentially more powerful than a 3x FR MS. I can see priorities changing in interesting ways during BC windows within the execute phase. For example:

During BC, CS + FR, Ex +FR, Ex + FR, (CS if available) then MS... 3x FR + 2x EP + SD = 220% boost to MS. That's like setting up DoS damage in a single global...

Quote Originally Posted by Conniption View Post
    So the duration of the MS buff by executioner's precision is 30 secs. per wowhead. So 2x this buff make MS essentially more powerful than a 3x FR MS. I can see priorities changing in interesting ways during BC windows within the execute phase. For example:

During BC, CS + FR, Ex +FR, Ex + FR, (CS if available) then MS... 3x FR + 2x EP + SD = 220% boost to MS. That's like setting up DoS damage in a single global...
    ok I am not the best at match but wont it be: MS x 1,9 x 1,3 x 2,0 = 4,92 MS what mean 492% of normal MS damage ?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    ok I am not the best at match but wont it be: MS x 1,9 x 1,3 x 2,0 = 4,92 MS what mean 492% of normal MS damage ?
    count BC, Avatar and CS too

god mortal strike would probably do 10m in a single hit, resulting in a big phat shadow dot from BC

should we be using heroic charge or just run out and charge? I have the legs so i am usually holding leap for bad procs.

After getting the new golden trait, the next ones should be Tactician > Increase Rage by 10 > Precise Strikes > Execute > Slam ?

Anyone know how we should progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    After getting the new golden trait, the next ones should be Tactician > Increase Rage by 10 > Precise Strikes > Execute > Slam ?

Anyone know how we should progress?
    I went for Tactician before going for golden trait. Because there are 4 traits for bladestorm on the way which I find useless because I rarely use bladestorm. Plus the golden trait needs a few more AK level anyway. No need to put the "low" AP we are getting with AK26 into useless traits. But this is just IMO I am not pro at arms at all.

I don't know if it is just random but after putting 2 more points on tactitian trait(one for new trait and same time I got another tactian relic) it seems to proc much more often.

In the short term it's an increase to take the Etw, DB, CB and PS traits, but in the long run the increase of the golden trait is quite a way bigger.
    The value of the main 4 DPS traits (as listed above) are all quite even, with the internal rankings in constant flux, depending on your gear, your Legendarys and your Relics. If you want to find out what's best for you, you'll need to sim it out.

Heroic Charge is a general term for using Charge mid combat. As you said, there are two ways of doing it, leaping out and walking out. In general the two are about equal in speed if used optimally, with running requiring you to stand at max range, and leap to do full range, and charge mid leap. With the legs equipped option two obviously is out of the question, leaving you with option one as the one that suits you best.

That's a long way of saying, if you have legs, just run out and charge back, saving leap for CS applications.
    My Stream

Deleted
    So looking at your simulation the crafted belt is going to be one of Arms' best legendaries?