Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    DM: You see a score of high-level Representatives. (Rolls.)
    Bannon: Are they on my side?
    DM: They're neutral, neither hostile nor friendly.
    Bannon: I cast Command on the Representatives!
    DM: That's stupid. They're high enough level to be immune. Why would you do that?
    Bannon: I rolled an 18 intelligence, so anything I do is automatically smart! I Command the Representatives to obey me!
    DM: The spell fails. They laugh at you.
    Bannon: I tell the party we need to make a list of our enemies.
    Oh that makes sense, you're right he's clearly dumb

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Yes, I betrayed conservatism by not voting for Hillary, I've heard it before
    Who said anything about voting for Hillary. You could have left it blank. You could have voted for Evan Mcmullin. A vote for Trump was a vote for an AFFIRMATION of Trump. It was an endorsement of his populist anti-conservatism.

I'm well aware of how much of aRepublican Trump isn't, also, by the way.
    You have yet to illustrate it then. You're mostly trying to pass of a shit sandwich as sloppyjoes.

Trump's terrible political maneuvering is one thing; you talk like people are being dragged off to the gulag.
    No. That Bannon would talk like that to Congressmen... that he DEMANDED they would rubberstamp Trump and then encouraged Trump to keep an enemies list, shows a frightenling and dangerous disrespect for the democratic process by Trump's chief adviser. The retort offered by a Freedom Caucus member was perfect.

That Bannon was put in that position by Trump was unacceptable. That Bannon spoke like that is unacceptable.

I made the decision I thought was best at the time, Hillary or Trump.
    And you think that'll ever excuse it? It won't. Period. There is no takebacks.

No matter what happens, I'm not going to have any regret.
    We'll see what we can do about that...

This is what we all do, make the decision we think is best at the time.
    The fact you would endorse someone who spent a year making racist, sexist, intolerant, authoritarian, fascist, comments and engaging in out right lies and qualify it as "the best" makes me question your judgement at the most fundamental level. Are your standards really that low mage21? You don't have to like Hillary, or have voted for Hillary. But let's be clear: you voted for a guy who said he'd order US troops to commit war crimes. You voted for a guy who disparaged our allies and praised Vladmir Putin. You voted for a guy who was the lead Birther for a good 8 years. You voted for a guy who demeaned the disabled and praised ignorance "I love the uneducated". You voted for a guy whose shady financial dealings will take years to fully account.

"Best at the time"? What in gods name would would have been worse?

And between the pro-conservative movements from Trump, as well as the blunders, there's nothing in front of us to clutch our pearls over.
    HA!

You mean pro-conservative moments like:
    -His infrastructure plan that will be a trillion dollar pork-barrel exercise
    -His Military expansion he's paying for on the credit card?
    -His budget which allows Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security to expand by tens of billions more for yet another year and makes no effort to reign them in (in fact, he has foresworn doing so!)
    -His budget which cuts scientific research which has largely been hugely bipartisan
    -His pro-Russian foreign policy statements
    -His abandoning of Free Trade? This is the guy whos aid "FAIR TRADE... not Free Trade... Fair Trade".
    -His interference in private enterprise (Carrier) and his Putin-esque management of government contracts (F-35, Air Force One)

Exactly what is a conservative movement here compared to this? He has in fact, taken the EXACT opposite movements against anyone you would consider to be a conservative?

Government finances? A big spending boom coupled with cutting taxes, thus screwing up the federal books even more
    Engaging America's chief enemy
    Abandoning free trade.

If you think he is advancing a conservative agenda, you're as much of a conservative fraud as he is. No wonder people like Bannon plays you for a blood fool. You don't even know what you are. How in the hell are you supposed to know what he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Who said anything about voting for Hillary. You could have left it blank. You could have voted for Evan Mcmullin. A vote for Trump was a vote for an AFFIRMATION of Trump. It was an endorsement of his populist anti-conservatism.

You have yet to illustrate it then. You're mostly trying to pass of a shit sandwich as sloppyjoes.

No. That Bannon would talk like that to Congressmen... that he DEMANDED they would rubberstamp Trump and then encouraged Trump to keep an enemies list, shows a frightenling and dangerous disrespect for the democratic process by Trump's chief adviser. The retort offered by a Freedom Caucus member was perfect.

That Bannon was put in that position by Trump was unacceptable. That Bannon spoke like that is unacceptable.

And you think that'll ever excuse it? It won't. Period. There is no takebacks.

We'll see what we can do about that...

The fact you would endorse someone who spent a year making racist, sexist, intolerant, authoritarian, fascist, comments and engaging in out right lies and qualify it as "the best" makes me question your judgement at the most fundamental level. Are your standards really that low mage21? You don't have to like Hillary, or have voted for Hillary. But let's be clear: you voted for a guy who said he'd order US troops to commit war crimes. You voted for a guy who disparaged our allies and praised Vladmir Putin. You voted for a guy who was the lead Birther for a good 8 years. You voted for a guy who demeaned the disabled and praised ignorance "I love the uneducated". You voted for a guy whose shady financial dealings will take years to fully account.

"Best at the time"? What in gods name would would have been worse?

HA!

You mean pro-conservative moments like:
    -His infrastructure plan that will be a trillion dollar pork-barrel exercise
    -His Military expansion he's paying for on the credit card?
    -His budget which allows Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security to expand by tens of billions more for yet another year and makes no effort to reign them in (in fact, he has foresworn doing so!)
    -His budget which cuts scientific research which has largely been hugely bipartisan
    -His pro-Russian foreign policy statements
    -His abandoning of Free Trade? This is the guy whos aid "FAIR TRADE... not Free Trade... Fair Trade".
    -His interference in private enterprise (Carrier) and his Putin-esque management of government contracts (F-35, Air Force One)

Exactly what is a conservative movement here compared to this? He has in fact, taken the EXACT opposite movements against anyone you would consider to be a conservative?

Government finances? A big spending boom coupled with cutting taxes, thus screwing up the federal books even more
    Engaging America's chief enemy
    Abandoning free trade.

If you think he is advancing a conservative agenda, you're as much of a conservative fraud as he is. No wonder people like Bannon plays you for a blood fool. You don't even know what you are. How in the hell are you supposed to know what he is?
    Slow your roll there, Skroe dog. If you think I was fooled at any time, which you seem to, you don't know me very well. Which is fine, this is an anonymous board.

To answer your first statement, my choices, according to you, were:

1. Throw vote away or vote for Hillary: good, conservative.
    2. Vote for Trump: bad, not conservative.

I disagree.

Trump has made some decidedly conservative decisions like Gorauch, which is HUGE. It guarantees balance in the SCOTUS. I know how much the left would like to have a 5-3 liberal lean in the Supreme Court, but I don't think that's good for the country, no matter how much it would be "fair play" with the left, as you put it.

But before we start playing badminton with Trump's decisions, where you point out non-conservative decisions and I point out conservative ones, ad nauseum, let's be real here, Skroe: every bad spending decision or budget that ignores entitlements, or whatever the heck else, Hillary would not only do the same, she'd likely expand entitlements and make even less decisions that are in a conservative direction.

You don't like Trump for valid reasons, on a personal level, but as a conservative, he is clearly and undoubtedly a better choice than Hillary on Gorsuch alone, never mind how absolutely left she would have been. And let's not forget how untrustworthy and deceitful she is, casting huge doubts that she cares at all for America, or if she cares about personal power and achievement. But that's okay, she's glossy and shiny and perfectly politically correct, so all's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    While I cannot defend Hillary, I love this rational used by the other side. Hillary is slime for her political career but Trump gets a pass as a private citizen. This was somehow used through the whole campaign.

Like you I will not get into details, namely I'm typing from my phone. Every shady deal or act was dismissed since he was a private citizens. Also the fact that an actual advantage of an elected official is you can judge them on their record.
    Again, you have programmed yourself to see everything as sides. We don't have to choose sides as citizens. I am aware of Trump's shadiness just as I am of the Clintons' shadiness and imo the Clintons shadiness is exponentially larger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Again, you have programmed yourself to see everything as sides. We don't have to choose sides as citizens. I am aware of Trump's shadiness just as I am of the Clintons' shadiness and imo the Clintons shadiness is exponentially larger.
    You have been deluded by Russian and US conservative propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I made the decision I thought was best at the time, Hillary or Trump. No matter what happens, I'm not going to have any regret. This is what we all do, make the decision we think is best at the time. And between the pro-conservative movements from Trump, as well as the blunders, there's nothing in front of us to clutch our pearls over.
    How did you come to the conclusion that this was the best choice at the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Sure he's being arrogant. Sure that isn't how congress SHOULD work. And he sure as hell stupid to be publicly admitting what a travesty to democracy we have become.

But he isn't wrong about congress working like that. 'We are the White House. We have the executive power now. Kiss our ass or end up on our shit list.' Pretty simple
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    DM: You see a score of high-level Representatives. (Rolls.)
    Bannon: Are they on my side?
    DM: They're neutral, neither hostile nor friendly.
    Bannon: I cast Command on the Representatives!
    DM: That's stupid. They're high enough level to be immune. Why would you do that?
    Bannon: I rolled an 18 intelligence, so anything I do is automatically smart! I Command the Representatives to obey me!
    DM: The spell fails. They laugh at you.
    Bannon: I tell the party we need to make a list of our enemies.
    Republican DnD is one of the greatest things to come out of a political disaster ever. Thanks for the Monday morning giggle.

And let's not forget how untrustworthy and deceitful she is, casting huge doubts that she cares at all for America, or if she cares about personal power and achievement.
    It's mind boggling that you didn't just stop at the Supreme Court nomination, but felt compelled to continue on and say something that actually applies more to Trump than to Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Sure he's being arrogant. Sure that isn't how congress SHOULD work. And he sure as hell stupid to be publicly admitting what a travesty to democracy we have become.

But he isn't wrong about congress working like that. 'We are the White House. We have the executive power now. Kiss our ass or end up on our shit list.' Pretty simple
    Their shit list is worth shit. The fact that they tried and failed to intimidate Congress has lead to a situation where Trump is in danger of being a lame duck less than 100 days in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Huh????? Can you read? My first sentence is about not defending Hillary.

I just personally feel Hillary and Bill took it much further due to a life spent in politics and doing very shady things that I'm not going to go into right now.

- - - Updated - - -
    When I read this I laughed really hard because I heard it in Trump's voice.

Shit list of who? The least popular president in modern history? One who can't even close a deal when the party he leads controls all branches of government?

I'm sure they're quivering in fear.

I see so many liberals that hate the way the system is run by lifetime politicians, but then criticize when someone they don't like doesn't have the experience. You want the system changed or do you want more Hillary Clinton's?

What have they done that is "shady"? I want specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's mind boggling that you didn't just stop at the Supreme Court nomination, but felt compelled to continue on and say something that actually applies more to Trump than to Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

Their shit list is worth shit. The fact that they tried and failed to intimidate Congress has lead to a situation where Trump is in danger of being a lame duck less than 100 days in.
    Time will tell I suppose. Tbh, since inauguration day I have completely removed myself from politics. It has only been a few days since I started reading headlines again, so I am very out of the loop. It is seeming Trump is not so all-powerful as he once appeared. He sure seemed to be holding all the cards at one point though.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I see so many liberals that hate the way the system is run by lifetime politicians, but then criticize when someone they don't like doesn't have the experience. You want the system changed or do you want more Hillary Clinton's?
    It isn't that he doesn't have experience, it is that he wants to force legislation through based on dictatorial policies. He wants people to vote his way regardless of how they feel, even if that legislation would destroy the country and remove millions of people from insurance like Trumpcare would have. You can try to pigeonhole the blame onto Hillary Clinton, but it doesn't actually work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It isn't that he doesn't have experience, it is that he wants to force legislation through based on dictatorial policies. He wants people to vote his way regardless of how they feel, even if that legislation would destroy the country and remove millions of people from insurance like Trumpcare would have. You can try to pigeonhole the blame onto Hillary Clinton, but it doesn't actually work that way.
    All you had to say is you like lifetime politicians.

Time will tell I suppose. Tbh, since inauguration day I have completely removed myself from politics. It has only been a few days since I started reading headlines again, so I am very out of the loop. It is seeming Trump is not so all-powerful as he once appeared. He sure seemed to be holding all the cards at one point though.
    Another event that happened since inauguration day was Trump backing down on the Taiwan issue after a phone call with China's Xi Jinping. This basically squandered his image as a tough negotiator and gave China an early political victory ahead of Xi's tentative upcoming U.S. visit.

He's failing as a negotiator on multiple fronts, not just on healthcare. The 4D chess ended up being Tic-Tac-Toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So he wants to keep a little black book of disloyal Congressmen? I guess it'll go with Trump's other little black book.

I think you're confusing "fucking" with "fucking over" in this context....

So basically, the candidate who ran on trying to upheave the Republican party, and who must be a good person to vote for because both major parties hate him, is having issues because both major parties hate him?

Huh. Funny that.