Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

6AM to 2PM maintenance

You would think after all these years Blizzard would know how to patch their servers quickly. I'm not saying they will take up the entire estimated maintenance time, but holy hell.

I think WoW is one of the only MMOs I have played that patch days can literally take all day..

Is it because they are on older servers? Just curious why it takes such a long time for Blizzard to patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted I don't play other MMOs anymore but I do recall big patches like this one taking a good while on their servers as well.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    You want them to rush it, fuck it up then spending the next couple of days finding out where they went wrong whilst people rage about not being able to play ?

Its happened before, I would rather they take their time getting it right.

BooHoo, it used to take this long every single week. It's because patch 7.2 is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    You would think after all these years Blizzard would know how to patch their servers quickly. I'm not saying they will take up the entire estimated maintenance time, but holy hell.

I think WoW is one of the only MMOs I have played that patch days can literally take all day..

Is it because they are on older servers? Just curious why it takes such a long time for Blizzard to patch
    who cares - all normal people are in work/school then anyway

and basement dwellers will have couple of hours to restock their hotpockets / junk food supplies /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    You want them to rush it, fuck it up then spending the next couple of days finding out where they went wrong whilst people rage about not being able to play ?

Its happened before, I would rather they take their time getting it right.
    They still​ fuck it up when they take their time though.

Deleted
    Oh look another
    ARM CHAIR DEVOLOPER CAN DO IT BETTER AS THE REAL DEVOLOPERS for 100 thread....

It's patch day. Aside from patch days, the weekly maintenance is usually pretty fast.

If they didnt take their time on patch day you'd be here bitching about how you keep getting disconnected.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    And probably the servers will be up sooner. But if not, it doesn't matter, since the new Broken Shore area needs to be integrated.

10+ Year Old Account

You would think people would have a little patience for the implementation of a rather large patch, within, containing a few new methods. I take the adding of the patch would need one or two restarts. As well, maintenance hardly ever last the full lengt of time, and only go overtime due to problems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Like you have a fucking clue whats involved.

I'll work off the assumption Blizz has professionals that know their stuff and that you're a clueless newb. So if they think it'll take 8 hours, thats not because they are using commodore 64's with tape drives but because these things take time.

8hrs = all day? Also it's nearly never that long unless something goes very wrong. They say it's coming back up 2pm, but in reality it'll likely be back 10am-12pm.

And even if it took 8 hours, so damn what. It's a video game, surely you have something better to do while it's down. All MMOs have downtimes that long on large patches. You clearly don't play others, or don't play during their patch times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is pretty long BUUUUUUT it is patch day sooo that's to be expected.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They are more than likely also taking time to run numerous actions outside of just patching.
    But you know what? I'll take a long maintenance day for a patch and some other stuff since they gave me the smoothest xpac launch ever.

I'll be at work, and I get off at 5 PM EST, so by the time I get home, servers should be up (I hope)

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gives the no lifes time to do stuff like go outside, clean their room, exercise, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They usually overshoot these things so that people will be pleasantly surprised when it's up sooner, rather than whining if it's not up in time if they make a mistake.

Deleted

It's always fun to see WoW attracts new players after all these years! Welcome!

Maintenance days throughout all of Legion have been relatively short. Even when patches went live, servers were always back on early. I think Blizz puts out these time frames to err on the side of caution and it's a happy surprise when servers are on early, then to say maintenance is a 1 hour window then something goes wrong and they have to keep extending it.

That being said, even if it does take that entire time, fine. Let them get it right. One thing I truly like about Blizz that most gaming companies, let alone MMO's do is they take a huge amount of pride in making sure their games work. The servers will be up in due time tomorrow. Just be patient.

Remember the good ol' days of vanilla and BC, during the regular Tues maintenance, sometimes the guild would meet up at a cafe and have some food/drinks.

But everyone grew up, now we just talk smack on facebook and whatsapp.