Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So they were rescued from being killed for food, but now what? Get euthanized because no one wants them, like already happens to thousands of dogs and cats every year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    related

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've had a dog before my nan has had like 2 dogs i've watched them all grow up from pups and grow old and die.

what you need to understand is they're not around to be pets they're around for food, if koreans suddenly stopped eating dogs all those dogs would just be killed and no more would be bred, same as cows, well except we would use their leather and have to throw away the meat but you get the idea, they are farming those dogs, even if they had bad conditions lets not pretend chickens aren't kept in horrible conditions either : battery hen.
    All animals are here for "food"? Lol...

If you're going to eat meat, it's pretty stupid to make moral judgments about what sort of animals other cultures use to get their meat from. You should be more concerned about the conditions they're kept in, not that they're poor pwecious puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Not necessarily.
    In this "ideal" world our bodies would so accustomed to it we wouldn't know the difference.
    for someone prone to terrible bouts of boredom like i am, i would definitely notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So they were rescued from being killed for food, but now what? Get euthanized because no one wants them, like already happens to thousands of dogs and cats every year?
    Plenty of no-kill centers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    for someone prone to terrible bouts of boredom like i am, i would definitely notice it.
    Not if our bodies never evolved to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    On the flip side, that's 46 dogs that'll get put down here that won't get adopted or will live their lives in little no kill cages.
    Most of them by PETA, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Biggest pile of garbage idealogy i ever read. How do you think we evolved from single cell organism? By being a vegetarian?
    While true at the single cell level, herbivores continued to evolve after... becoming herbivores anyway. So evolution isn't mutually exclusive with not eating meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why what?...
    Are they going to save cows next? Horses? Fish?

Plenty of no-kill centers.
    So small cage for the rest of their life? If I was in that situation, I'd say bring on the poison instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

in an ideal world, nobody would need to eat meat, not even other animals.
    In my ideal world I'd have an expensive steak every Friday night. Fuck your ideal world.

i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    If there was no struggle to survive we wouldn't have evolved to where we are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If you're going to eat meat, it's pretty stupid to make moral judgments about what sort of animals other cultures use to get their meat from. You should be more concerned about the conditions they're kept in, not that they're poor pwecious puppies.
    That's hilariously incorrect. Dogs are a terrible animal to farm for meat, and the Chinese and Koreans do it purely for the satisfaction for maiming and killing an animal

Sorry, but no. Not all societies are equal, these people are barbarians and should be punished for their needless cruelty.

46 dogs arrive in NY from NYC from South Korea. These dogs were rescued from a farm where they were to be slaughtered for human consumption.

http://m.chron.com/news/world/articl...photo-12616143
    So how exactly did they "rescue" them? Did they purchase them or did they just go in there and take them? As much as I love dogs and believe they should not be treated poorly, taking them is still stealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    Killing plants is still the destruction of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    If there was no struggle to survive we wouldn't have evolved to where we are now.
    there is no justification for death that will ever be adequate to make up for it.

it is a failure. the whole design is a failure. whatever is responsible for it, natural or divine, it failed. it should be corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, they stole some grown-for-consumption animals from Korea and it made to news? Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Just as a quick note, that won't work unless there's infinite space and food for said herbivores. If there's no predators for those the number will keep growing eventually leading to them dying off because there isn't enough food. There's other issues to think of but that's a fairly straightforward reason why that idea can't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    All animals are here for "food"? Lol...
    Those we breed for food are here for food. He never said anything about 'all animals'. And it's true - if we didn't eat meat, we wouldn't keep the vast majority of domesticated animals around. We don't need them for labor. And they often become a nuisance or dangerous when let into the wild (packs of wild dogs, for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no justification for death that will ever be adequate to make up for it.

it is a failure. the whole design is a failure. whatever is responsible for it, natural or divine, it failed. it should be corrected.
    Wow, an omnivore calling out other omnivores out for eating meat. How... hypocritical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.