Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    I read your response. You complained about DST and how that affects your business IRL, which is an actual legitimate complaint since the time change has documented ramifications..
    It is called analogy ... it was demonstrating that not using something isn't a way of avoiding the ramifications of the thing.

Which was exactly the point I was replying to. The only way for me to avoid the ramifications of flying is for it not to be brought back to current content.

That's why I don't like it being brought back.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I did answer it, the answer was ignored by two people.... I suspect that's the 2017 way of handling things isn't it.
    Then repeat it for clarity because I can't see your explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    If you don't have selfcontrol that's your personal problem.
    How is making everyone not fly 'self control' ?

Please be rational.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I suspect you miss the entire point, once flying is back - no-one can ignore it.

That's the point - it is the systemic change that flying brings that I don't want.
    What systemic change does flying bring that you cannot ignore?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and I wonder how long that takes...(pretty busy currently with RL...so damn for 7.2 coming so early)
    about 2-4 weeks depending on how much you farm

It is called analogy ... it was demonstrating that not using something isn't a way of avoiding the ramifications of the thing.

Which was exactly the point I was replying to. The only way for me to avoid the ramifications of flying is for it not to be brought back to current content.

Which ramifications?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

So flying doesn't actually affect you in any way, you just want to complain about something. Okay.

By the way, having gnome icons affects me negatively, and I can't ignore them. Gnomes shouldn't have ever been included with Legion, and their inclusion has ramifications that I cannot avoid. It's like DST, and it affects my business.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying should have been implemented day 1, unlock for gold or a questline at max level available from day 1. World PvP is dead regardless of flying, and if after 12 years Blizzard can't design around flying because of incompetence that's not the player's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Flying has ruined WoW to me. I think it should be in for old expansions. But current expansion, no, fuck flying. Hell look at all the people bitching for it on day one. If it was never introduced or only introduced for old content, no one would ask for it.
    And yet in Vanilla WoW it was the most requested feature.

Deleted

Your analogy is bad though

Flying in WoW is more akin to buying a bicycle as a teenager, you don't need one but it is convenient

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's your problem, we shouldn't be denied something we enjoy just because you 'feel obliged' to unlock stuff you don't enjoy
    Hey, thanks for your response! Why don't you head on up to the OP and take a look at the discussion topic. Here in this thread, we're discussing whether or not we're happy that flying is coming back. As you saw in my post, I'm not. It seems like you're looking to argue with someone on the internet about a feature that's already confirmed for the World of Warcraft video game. Maybe you could make your own thread to do that?

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What systemic change does flying bring that you cannot ignore?
    I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)
    2. Questing (pop in pop out competition)
    3. Rares etc (flyers get there faster, so I miss out on the kill if I don't fly)
    4. Puzzle quests/achieves (I assume will be removed as flying will make them trivial)

You may be interested to know that WoW is an MMO, and that what other people do has a big impact on what you do.

Always baffles me that people get so worked up about this one way or the other. It's such a small part of the overall game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Your analogy is bad though
    NO - it perfectly demonstrated the point....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Always baffles me that people get so worked up about this one way or the other. It's such a small part of the overall game.
    Well, flying might be a small part - but the impact on the game of it is pretty massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you feel it is important to have flying ?
    If game is designed around it. Maybe.

Burning Crusade (when flying was implemented) Served as a gate to new and interesting content. There were areas you simply could not get to, without flying.

I agree with Blizzard that point your character in a single direction and auto fly to that location isn't exactly compelling design, and it exists only because there isn't/hasn't been an acceptable alternative.

More often than not, I would find myself overshooting my desired location.

In legion with the whistle, I have found it to be an acceptable cost, downtime, cool down, etc... I will probably not be utilizing my flying mount very much.

Now if Argus was broken up the way Burning Crusade was/is it would make sense to include flying again. (Though it still serves as a functional gate to content).

I do understand though that it feels like something has been taken away when flying is not included.

In general it feels like flying not being included is an excuse to skimp on design details from a top down approach. It allows for content or areas to go unpolished simply because you can't/won't see them.

For me content has and will always be how my specific character/class choice interacts with the world. My specific abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and how I use those to defeat baddies and increase my own power. Flying isn't included anywhere in that equation (unless of course I could battle while flying). Which being able to zoom around anywhere at 300% speed... isn't exactly compelling game play either.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-03-27 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)
    3. Rares etc (flyers get there faster, so I miss out on the kill if I don't fly)
    4. Puzzle quests/achieves (I assume will be removed as flying will make them trivial)

You may be interested to know that WoW is an MMO, and that what other people do has a big impact on what you do.
    Then why are you playing WoW? Flying isn't new, there's other MMORPGs without flying.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And yet in Vanilla WoW it was the most requested feature.
    Yeah... and then it became a pain in arse that it was ever introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why are you playing WoW?
    Because I like WoW.... is that a problem ? Or is WoW reserved just for people who hate it and whinge about no content and about non existent grinding and stuff ?

I'll give you a few:
    1. Farming (herbs etc)

1. Nodes are shared
    2. Mobs are shared
    3. They respawn every 15 minutes
    4. puzzle quests will still be in the game based on how they currently work by not allowing any mounts to be used.

I played WOD without having flying unlocked and still do not have it to this day. I was never once inconvenienced by other people on their flying mounts except for maybe WPVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoa View Post
    So flying doesn't actually affect you in any way,
    Well, it significantly affects my game play ... doesn't affect my real life. But this thread was after all about what we thought of the reintroduction.

Figured that stating the facts behind my opinion wouldn't have been so unwelcome.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunatly once again the vocal players force blizzard to cater to their needs by introducing flying Legion's zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerthos View Post
    1. Nodes are shared
    2. Mobs are shared
    3. See number 2
    So - the people who are doing these things will be polite enough to wait the extra time it takes for me to get there ?

NOPE - I'll have to use a flying mount to compete ... that's the point.