Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Kind of like politics, where the opposition argues against just for the hell of it and they feel they have to because they are the opposition.
    Most of the 'against' arguments put here show this perfectly, in all its shiny quality.
    it's because having a different opinion then you can't be possible right?

I think Legion has worked out very well so far enjoy'd world questing allot. the whistle was a good compromise.
    Personally im not a fan of flight in MMO's. the only MMO i think it was done right was Aion, but that was only 'gliding' which worked well for that game. Legion for me proved that's i think this game works better without flight for the community as a whole. People always say that it was the pink glasses effect (classic game). Well ... nope.

that said, i don't mind them adding flight now for those that miss it. live and let live
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I dunno if it has been mentioned yet (not going to read all 24 pages) but you do realize it requires [Defender of the Broken Isles] right?

invasions are locked until the 4th/5th of April.

Signature made by Hinoto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Wrong.
    I respect opinions different to mine.
    In fact i welcome healthy mature debate.
    But not when arguments made against are made just because, or because it's f'in awesome to flame someone down for enjoying something in life (in this case a part of a game) or when they are so poorly formulated, that was my point.
    Opinions are fine.
    How they are presented. Well that's another story entirely.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    The only people against flying just want to see others suffer.
    Now that is a bit too cruel. There are legit arguments against flying, which actually sees it as a negative thing for the entire playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVTP View Post
    If I have unlocked Pathfinder p1 on one char, do I need to do the rest of the goals on that char too? or would any char do since path 1 is accountwide? =)
    You should proberly have Pathfinder p1 and p2 completed on the same character. This has something to do with Meta Achievments, which normally does not let you share achievments between each character.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

As far as I know Blizzard hasn't created any content that explicitly requires the use of a flying mount so I fail to see the reason of your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out

WoW has never been better since TBC.
    Not from my perspective, which, when choosing games, is the only one I truly respect. But I'm glad there are some people that can enjoy it.

Deleted
    Flying should have never been implemented in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    As far as I know Blizzard hasn't created any content that explicitly requires the use of a flying mount so I fail to see the reason of your concern.
    lol that makes as much sense as that i could say: Blizzard hasn't created any content for explicitly requires the use of a flying mount so i fail to see the reason why you'd want them in game.

I prefer the mop model. Unlocked at max lvl at the flying trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post

I think Legion has worked out very well so far enjoy'd world questing allot. the whistle was a good compromise.
    Personally im not a fan of flight in MMO's. the only MMO i think it was done right was Aion, but that was only 'gliding' which worked well for that game. Legion for me proved that's i think this game works better without flight for the community as a whole. People always say that it was the pink glasses effect (classic game). Well ... nope.

that said, i don't mind them adding flight now for those that miss it. live and let live
    this post show exactly what the guy you quoted was saying:

-First it's not a good compromise, by definition a compromise is were both side find a middle ground in case of flying the achievement require you to complete everything patch 7.1 and 7.2 have to offer and blizzard is silent about 7.3 and if we will be able to fly without any other requirement-

-Second you are biased because you don't like flying and so think blizzard action is good, what would have you say if blizzard had implement it the old way?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy, that flying is back. I have no problems with the pathfinder achievements, because usually you get them while just playing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Unhappy. Flying should be an old content feature.

That's how I feel pretty much. Really wish they didn't bring flying back :/

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Not really. It should have been unlocked when you dinged 110. Now its months to late and you need to jump a lot of hurdles to get it. Its annoying af

It certainly will be a big help with Leveling/Gear Alts and with World Quests. Sometimes It would take longer just to figure out and get to the location of the WQ than actually doing it, even worse when it was located in caves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    this post show exactly what the guy you quoted was saying:

-First it's not a good compromise, by definition a compromise is were both side find a middle ground in case of flying the achievement require you to complete everything patch 7.1 and 7.2 have to offer and blizzard is silent about 7.3 and if we will be able to fly without any other requirement-
    Just for the record. It’s not ‘my’ compromise, it’s blizzard’s compromise.
    And yes, I am well aware of the definition and Legion’s answer is just that.

Compromise:
    a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.

If it was up to me we’d have no whistle and no flying at all with the hearthstone set to 60min again.
    However it’s not my call to make. Blizzards reaction was pretty straight forward.
    Camp pro-flight get’s flight at a later date but in the meantime get the bird whistle to get around quicker. Camp no-flight get’s to enjoy the start of the expansion without flight.

It’s blizzard’s version of a compromise to please both sides and the fact that you for whatever reason don’t like the compromise doesn’t change that. Also the requirements set by blizzard for flight shouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary and will be completed by just regular playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    -Second you are biased because you don't like flying and so think blizzard action is good, what would have you say if blizzard had implement it the old way?
    Ofc I am biased, as are you. That is the whole idea behind the never ending discussion both sides are having.

Not sure what you mean by the ‘old’ way? If I remember correctly that was to buy slow flight for 1000g and fast flight for 5000 gold. I remember having to grind my ass off to buy those 2 flight skills in TBC.
    It would be something like 200k and 1mil. Something to grind for.

But yes, I wouldn’t like it. As I said, I prefer the old old way … classic non-flight and getting around by boats zeppelins, trains and flightmasters.

Flying isnt going to be up tommorow ;p you will still have to be revered with "legionfall" doubt you will be in day1

Why would I be happy that I have to raid just to fly again?
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2017-03-28 at 11:24 AM.

limit flying mounts to 80% speed like the basic flying mounts in tbc and there's a usecase for both mount types. keep them at 300% and there is literally no reason to ever ride the ground mount.
    MY core problem with flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tell me how it trivializes already "trivial" content. Hell, in Legion you've even been able to purchase an item stopping mobs from dazing you. Not that it was ever a challenge when they did.

Not to mention the whistle returning you to taxi points every 5 minutes. Again, not that world questing was ever anything but trivial. There's a reason for why 1% ever sees bosses on a certain difficulty or reaches certain milestones in PVP, whilst everyone trying gets past leveling content.
    Time spent doing tasks can also be trivialized, it's not all about "difficulty".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its a video game you are not forced to do anything.
    Hence the quotation marks. I'm not forced as in a gun being held to my head but in the sense that in order to be as efficient as I can be at the tasks I do enjoy I have to do it.

Riddle me this, what do you think would happen to LFR if there was no quests, no bad luck protection, no legendary items, nothing to attract raiders to do it? There is a reason Blizzard "forces" players who really have no business in that content to do it.

So, no, you can't claim my argument is invalid.

Makes no difference to me, only means I will be using the whistle less.