Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Is there a weekly gem quest available?
    Didin't saw any quest like that so huh.

No. You get gems every time you hit a player level multiple of 25, or you buy them, as of now that's it.

That was PTR only. You get 1k gems once at player level 5 (retroactively) and 150 gems every 25 levels after that.

Auriel's crown does not work on Tassadar while he's in Archon: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...n_interaction/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Auriel's crown does not work on Tassadar while he's in Archon: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...n_interaction/
    i love how instantly the person assumes it is not a bug, and starts going off on blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Im the only one who got lately lots of fun playing HOTS? Even if i lose 4 matches for Nexus Challenge?

Damn game is really fun now.

Still playing most nights. I usually can get together a 4 or 5 man out of my friends and we run around (frequently) stomping quick matches even though several of my friends are new to MOBAs and/or HotS. I've gained about 80 levels since relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    Still playing most nights. I usually can get together a 4 or 5 man out of my friends and we run around (frequently) stomping quick matches even though several of my friends are new to MOBAs and/or HotS. I've gained about 80 levels since relaunch.
    I am jealous, all my friends are very busy at the moment, so we don't play anymore. Grouping up with randoms seems to be really annoying since most of them are completely oblivious when it comes to teamwork xD aah well, it's only QM right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    I am jealous, all my friends are very busy at the moment, so we don't play anymore. Grouping up with randoms seems to be really annoying since most of them are completely oblivious when it comes to teamwork xD aah well, it's only QM right?
    LOL my friends don't play HOTS with me anymore, since there's something about MOBAs that makes me salty as fuck when someone screws up (including/especially myself), so they can't handle it. Can't blame them.

Not sure where to post this or maybe Nerraw or Ryme wanna make a sticky thread for it (since it'll be a regular thing) but the new hero rotation was posted. It should start the 15th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ted_to_8_maps/

Rip DS. T.T I wonder if there's a rework planned for the "pilot" maps, BHB getting one seems likely since people have been complaining about it for quite a while.

ANOTHER month without Dragon Shire? I am not a happy camper.

Also, this is supposedly just a temporary measure to let people see Hanamura. If they go with a permanent rotation in the future, we'll create a dedicated thread then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Not sure where to post this or maybe Nerraw or Ryme wanna make a sticky thread for it (since it'll be a regular thing) but the new hero rotation was posted. It should start the 15th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ted_to_8_maps/

Rip DS. T.T I wonder if there's a rework planned for the "pilot" maps, BHB getting one seems likely since people have been complaining about it for quite a while.
    Oh no... Please don't let be true...

Haunted Mines?! Battlefield Of Eternity?! Tomb Of The Spider Queen?!

*Cries in corner*

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I hope they at least remove Hanamura from that Map Rotation, but we all know that won't happen.
    That would be amazing, it's an okay map in draft mode, but in quick match most games are won/lost on the loading screen >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah but in DOTA2 I can still carry a game if I don't premade. I don't need any capable ally for that.

In HOTS if I don't premade you can't carry.
    Due to the messed up matchmaking right now you can kinda, pick Sonya (may work with Varian) and there's a good chance the other team won't get a tank, in which case your allies will need to be actually brain damaged in order to throw the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same problem is with LoL, but there boosting is legal and no one gives an shit about it. If seriously they will not change it, i guess no one will want play rankeds.

Also, this is supposedly just a temporary measure to let people see Hanamura. If they go with a permanent rotation in the future, we'll create a dedicated thread then.
    I hope that's the case, I also hope the new rotation'll feel better with 8 maps, though my 2 favorites are gone now.

On the video: If he was #27 before he stopped, he's obviously gonna maintain very high MMR and since he still has a reasonable trackrecord, not plummet down the rankings too fast either. Not to mention that you can't just blindly look at your winrate either. I do agree that MMR decay needs to happen though, playing with people who haven't touched the game since launch is silly, they should be back around Silver now, which, afaik, is where you start.

On the video: If he was #27 before he stopped, he's obviously gonna maintain very high MMR and since he still has a reasonable trackrecord, not plummet down the rankings too fast either. Not to mention that you can't just blindly look at your winrate either. I do agree that MMR decay needs to happen though, playing with people who haven't touched the game since launch is silly, they should be back around Silver now, which, afaik, is where you start.
    He flat out admits he has no clue what he's doing. He has a 41% winrate, which does adequately reflect that. And he has gained an entire league tier since he was placed. Blizzard fucked up when they didn't do a hard reset of MMR whenever they tampered with the ranked format in beta. We're going to be feeling the effects of that for years to come, and even longer if they don't change something soon.

He flat out admits he has no clue what he's doing. He has a 41% winrate, which does adequately reflect that. And he has gained an entire league tier since he was placed. Blizzard fucked up when they didn't do a hard reset of MMR whenever they tampered with the ranked format in beta. We're going to be feeling the effects of that for years to come, and even longer if they don't change something soon.
    Keep in mind that it's 41.41% against master players, which shows he still retains mechanical skill, pretty good descision making, map awareness, he's using HotSlogs or a tierlist for heroes aswell (Anub picks), ... Let's be real here, new players who are actually clueless barely retain that winrate in bronze, him saying he has no idea what he's doing sounds more like a humble brag or w/e.

To explain why he climbs: he used to be #27 of the US (I'm guessing, irrelevant either way), since there's no decay it means he's still at GM/high masters MMR. In other words, his rank is behind his MMR, so the game is gonna try to get him back there. His lower winrate is obviously gonna halt that and he's never gonna get back to GM unless he improves. It does explain the (slow) climb from D3 to D2 though and shows that not having MMR decay is heavily to blame. I'm not gonna say HotS MMR system is flawless, just trying to explain what's happening. If he keeps this winrate he'll slowly, but surely, start dropping down the ladder until he starts evening out. Heck, if he drops harshly enough he might lose ranks with an evened out 50% winrate because his MMR tanked too heavily. That's why you can never stare too blindly at winrate alone.

10+ Year Old Account

better get used to it cause according to the dev's it's here to stay. even better it's for 4-5 weeks at a time instead of just 2.
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20783380/the-nexus-is-shifting-battleground-rotations-5-12-2017

r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Keep in mind that it's 41.41% against master players, which shows he still retains mechanical skill, pretty good descision making, map awareness, he's using HotSlogs or a tierlist for heroes aswell (Anub picks), ... Let's be real here, new players who are actually clueless barely retain that winrate in bronze, him saying he has no idea what he's doing sounds more like a humble brag or w/e.

To explain why he climbs: he used to be #27 of the US (I'm guessing, irrelevant either way), since there's no decay it means he's still at GM/high masters MMR. In other words, his rank is behind his MMR, so the game is gonna try to get him back there. His lower winrate is obviously gonna halt that and he's never gonna get back to GM unless he improves. It does explain the (slow) climb from D3 to D2 though and shows that not having MMR decay is heavily to blame. I'm not gonna say HotS MMR system is flawless, just trying to explain what's happening. If he keeps this winrate he'll slowly, but surely, start dropping down the ladder until he starts evening out. Heck, if he drops harshly enough he might lose ranks with an evened out 50% winrate because his MMR tanked too heavily. That's why you can never stare too blindly at winrate alone.
    And until that happens he's going to ruin hundreds of games for people in the meantime. As are the countless other people who are just coming back after long breaks and have no clue what they are doing. This isn't a good system.

There needs to be decay, and the longer you are gone, the stronger it should be. This dude should probably have a 1500 lower MMR then he has. At high MMR mechanical skill isn't the difference maker, since most people are good mechanically, it's understanding the game.