Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question do you have a ailment?

and how has it affected your life? i am curious about peoples struggles. i myself have epilepsy.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-03-21 at 03:58 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I have very pointy elbows. I am literally typing with them right now while using better grammar/punctuation than the OP.

If I can harness the power of my disability and use it to my advantage, I don't see why any other person on the planet can't do the same.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Luckily I escaped any major ailments. I am, by all accounts, a very healthy individual.

I'm thankful for it every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    an*

Yes, being a grammar nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok....I'll be your first serious response. Yes, I have an ailment. How does it affect my life? It doesn't really. If I sat and thought about it I think I would be a very unhappy person and I don't want to be that way. In time I'm sure it will take it's toll, but that's the tomorrow I haven't seen yet....and I prefer to live in the today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had cancer and now I am permanently crippled as a result.

Made my life pretty shit, tbh. I'd rather have a shitty life and be crippled than dead though.

Depression, vitamin deficiencies, iron deficiency.

I have trouble sleeping, I am tired constantly. My right arm can go numb from elbow and down to, including my hand randomly, happens to my legs as well. Doctor says it might be caused by the b12 deficiency, if it is that it might be permanent.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-03-22 at 02:09 AM.

I have a physical disability. Causes me to have no bilateral symmetry. I get rejected by women all the time. Most of them refuse to give me a chance. I've come to the conclusion that 99.9% of women out there are just fucking cunts.

Deleted
    I was diagnosed at birth with TBP syndrome, which is not as bad as it sounds.

Deleted
    E66.8, f32.9, f34.1, e03, e66.9, f33.2, E66.00, k76.0
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2018-03-21 at 08:22 AM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have autism and anxiety. Does that count? Sure, it affects my life in a pretty major way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stop subjecting myself to the torture that is reading and posting in gen-OT

10+ Year Old Account
    I get frequent migraines.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had asthma as a child which when into remission, so I'm peachy!

Chronic Migraines due to a head injury. Along with occasional Cluster Headaches in-between.

They eat up my sick time and sometimes vacation time, but I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home when I have the flu.

I'd tend to giggle at the "crippling migraines" my coworkers claim to have during work, while working and functioning normally.
    YouKeepUsingThatWord.jpg

As a side note: they have become less frequent over time.
    And I have found only two triggers so far.
    Excessive Lemongrass and Cranberries.

I have a couple: PTSD (almost died twice in 3 months span, think wrong place at the wrong time)Anxiety,Insomnia and Vitamin deficiencies. Yes it does effect my day to day life but I have learned to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and how has it affected your life? i am curious about peoples struggles. i myself have epilepsy.
    Asthma as a child, outgrew it, nothing wrong with me now. I rarely get sick as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Plenty!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Misophonia and IBS would be the worst of the lot (HIV is just a pill a day).

Misophonia makes it hard for me to deal with noise emotionally. Common sounds trigger me to get upset and frustrated to the point of physical violence sometimes. These can include things like fans, keyboards, talking near me, moving things, writing, chewing, breathing, anything repetitious, and other noises I can't think of right now. At the same time I am hyper-aware of my own sounds to where I will purposely hold my breath or breathe as little as possible in crowded situations so people can't hear me make noise. It's taken a lot of work and self-control not to lash out at people but I will still sometimes take breaks and leave rooms to avoid noise or scream at my dogs to get the hell away from me (even though I love them so much).

I don't have anything currently, that is one thing I lucked out on.