Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Since the Lich King is dead, How are DK's still being created?

Since the Lich King was killed by the heroes of Azeroth, how do new DKs get created?

Does the new Lich King (Bolvar) raise them to fight for him? Shouldn't death knights no longer be a thing since we destroyed the lich king?

Lich King isn't dead, there must always be a Lich King, yaddayaddayadda

I mean... they get raised "back in time". Hence when you start as a Death Knight you're in the WoTLK timeline.

So you're playing from the perspective that the Lich King is still alive. Once you hit level 80 - he's dead. I guess?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I mean... they get raised "back in time". Hence when you start as a Death Knight you're in the WoTLK timeline.

So you're playing from the perspective that the Lich King is still alive. Once you hit level 80 - he's dead. I guess?
    this. Also OP doesn't even know who bolvar is gg

For a long time, new death knights WEREN'T being created.

Then Legion happened, and Bolvar lent his power to the Ebon Blade to create more death knights.

People who still sub to the game create them through the Create New Character screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    For a long time, new death knights WEREN'T being created.

Then Legion happened, and Bolvar lent his power to the Ebon Blade to create more death knights.
    So the knights of the ebon blade now create them?

Then why when you create a new one you are still fighting for Arthas as his slave DK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Then why when you create a new one you are still fighting for Arthas as his slave DK?
    ...Because at the time of the DK starting area it's during Wrath. This isn't a hard concept.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Because at the time of the DK starting area it's during Wrath. This isn't a hard concept.
    Every expansion exists in a static timeline. If you're leveling through that content, you're in the past. When someone makes a death knight, your quest line is taking place during Wrath of the Lich king. As you level you progress in time, up to where we are currently. The only exception to this is some vanilla zones that were changed by cataclysm would be cataclysm content before wrath content. But this doesn't apply to a Death Knight as they started at 55 in an isolated area anyway.

New death knights don't exist. Every time someone makes a death knight, they're retconning the history of azeroth to include that death knight as being there since 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Knights of the Ebon Blade are unchanged from WotLK, as none of them have died in the lore of the game since then (though a few have died since the start of Legion). The Deathlord of the Ebon Blade (e.g. the PC of the Order Hall campaign) was empowered by the Bolvar incarnation of the Lich King to raise new Death Knights directly, which he or she then uses to create the new iteration of the Four Horsemen from dead champions among the Horde and the Alliance. I assume he can also raise normal Death Knights as well if needed, as well as reanimating or restoring fallen Death Knights as they do with Darion at the original close of the Order Hall campaign.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-04-17 at 07:55 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

During the DK questline in Legion you eventually begin recruiting new Death Knights. The order Hall troop DK's are freshly raised Death knights from people who died on the broken shore. You get an Orc DK to start raising new ones for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

the starting zone is set during wotlk times.
    not current times.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    When mom DK and dad DK love each other very much, they perform a consensual ritual to create life known as sex. Then after some time passes baby DK is brought to acherus by a skeleton stork.

Time Travel is a weird thing to wrap your head around in Warcraft.

Seriously if we can travel in time why not just go back to important points in history and change the outcome like they did during the War of the Ancients.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Really, I expected a much better troll post from you Jaylock.

I think the answer lies on the character creation page ingame.

*click* *click* *enter world*

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    When you play the Legion campaign, you discover that they recover bodies from the war with the Legion and raise the best finds as Death Knights, everything else becomes either Ghouls/Giests or Abominations.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise there are not any new death knights being made being made other then the 4 horsemen you resurrected. The current death knights are same one from back then. Bolvar isn't openly raising new one yet so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    When you play the Legion campaign, you discover that they recover bodies from the war with the Legion and raise the best finds as Death Knights, everything else becomes either Ghouls/Giests or Abominations.
    Oh I see I was wrong...very wrong... don't mind me I just forgot about the dk legion campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Evanescoduil View Post
    Every expansion exists in a static timeline. If you're leveling through that content, you're in the past. When someone makes a death knight, your quest line is taking place during Wrath of the Lich king. As you level you progress in time, up to where we are currently. The only exception to this is some vanilla zones that were changed by cataclysm would be cataclysm content before wrath content. But this doesn't apply to a Death Knight as they started at 55 in an isolated area anyway.

New death knights don't exist. Every time someone makes a death knight, they're retconning the history of azeroth to include that death knight as being there since 2010.
    This applies to the Player-Character DK. However, as of the events in Legion, new ones ARE being made by the Ebon Blade. As for how they're able to do that... dunno. They have liches, horsemen and a Deathlord empowered by the Lich King. (Un)life finds a way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I don't think they're still being created
    the four horsemen?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content