Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "Power always feels good. It feels better to kill something in 5 seconds than in 10, especially when you remember when it took 10. Even better when you can do it in 2. Better still when you can kill 4 or 5 things in that time. But is there a point where that goes too far?"

No. I like one shotting things. Why in the world would they think the world should scale with gear? If gear power is too out of control, don't have it scale up so much. What is the point of gear if it doesn't make you more powerful?

This is getting way too much like the launch of Diablo 3. The RNG, the endless enemy levels, prestige leveling (not in launch, but still D3). And most of all the "you must play the game the way we want you too" attitude. If people don't like blowing up enemies with their overpowered gear, they can either not wear it or not obtain it in the first place. And use instant casts to initiate aggro if people are one shotting everything before you get a chance to tag it. How hard is that?

Deleted
    I don't understand why they do something like that... We were not able to test this shit on PTR because
    THEY KNEW it is the worst thing what you can do with an MMO.
    Do they want to lose subscribers? because this will be the result of this. I don't see any positive impact of this game design
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-03-29 at 07:43 AM.

People, stop being ignorant crying babies. If you want to quit, just do it.

Honestly, went through the scenario, quests, and WQs on 5 different characters to day ranging from 850 to 900 and didn't even notice /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I did read the blue post. It was a bunch of bullshit.
    Just like their claim that they would aim to improve communication.
    So, no, you didn't read their post. Good to know.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So, no, you didn't read their post. Good to know.
    I did. What is your point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    You still get stronger, just less so. Or did you not read the blue post?
    Why not just decrease a bit the power progression of gear/artifacts then ?

Ilvl scaling of mobs is a terrible design. It does not make the game interesting on a gameplay standpoint and it removes the whole point of farming gear in the first place. Being able to trivialise content is the only positive thing about the current gear threadmill and it s going away.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-03-29 at 08:42 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why in the holy name of fuck would they not test such a fundamental (and retarded by all means) change on the PTR?

I knew this was going to be an unpopular decision, but I'm still surprised by the amount of hate. I personally really enjoy having content that scales with my character, both in level and gear. Sure, being well-geared makes me a more efficient killing machine (my main is DPS), but I agree that one-shotting mobs in current content feels silly. I don't want WQs to take as long as they did as when I was a fresh 110, but mowing them down is also boring. I enjoy the combat; one-shotting something isn't combat.
    Last edited by merlin2oo2; 2017-03-29 at 08:23 AM.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

mob scaling and zone scaling are the worst idea ever for an rpg! i HATE it so much..

the current dev team make this expansion close to the worst of all.

wotlk>bc>vanilla>mop>wod>legion>cata.

cata only for destroying the old world, but legion with his scaling is very near..

focussed our work on the broken classes and use our brain to design the classes back for fun!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-03-29 at 08:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mines only a tad higher. Your own fault for not farming some OS relics with World Quests. There is usually an OS one every day or two. So again DPS artifact. You are welcome.

Would love to know where they said they wanted to make healers more viable in the open world. Because all I have as a 890 Resto is Lava Burst, Flame Shock, Chain Lightning and Lightning Bolt. And they hit like shit even with the guaranteed crit on Lava Burst from Flame Shock.
    I was simply reporting on the issue. It was their initial plan to make it less painful to quest as a healer, hence why they reworked the "dps rotations" for healer specs in Legion, and gave you increased damage for every artifact trait purchased.

However, I do not currently notice the scaling in the open-world, it was only during the scenario.

Deleted
    It was indeed a bit "strange" to be able to pull 20 mobs in a WQ area and nuke them down within 2-3 seconds in HEROIC (=casual) raid gear > WQ completed. On the other side i dont want having to spend 1 second more with that annoying chore that i necessary. So not in favour for this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    That large blue post feeds off from a good video Preach made and something I agree with, which has been an issue this tier and a general feeling around the world. It does get fun for me when I overpower content and can blast through it. I don't need the "world" to stay relevant throughout the expansion. Mythic + is more than achieving this from a PvE perspective.

Emmissaries are already a fucking snorefest and a really annoying feature I and many feel locked into, making them take longer as the expansion progresses, and not shorter, will just heighten burnout

And I was wondering why the Broken Shore scenario bosses had around 100m life. What the fuck Blizzard? To everyone who thinks taking flying away was the worst decision Blizz made in the last years, this would be my new favorite.

The scaling is not a good change. The whole point of an RPG is to become more powerful over time if mobs scale up as we progress it negates any power we gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Get a DPS artifact. You are welcome. You should know damn well as a healer to have a DPS artifact ready for things like this to avoid this. You can literally get half the traits for one in an hour. Maybe less.
    How about people are allowed to play the god damn fucking spec they want ? Blizz specifically said that they would buff Healer and Tank damage so that they can solo things without having to invest in other specs because guess what ? I enjoy Holy, Ret fucking sucks and I don't want to play it even for 20minutes because I would like to play the god damn game I pay for the fucking way I want especially when the MAKERS OF THE GAME said it would be POSSIBLE.

So yeah, fuck off with your stupid logic, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    How about people are allowed to play the god damn fucking spec they want ? Blizz specifically said that they would buff Healer and Tank damage so that they can solo things without having to invest in other specs because guess what ? I enjoy Holy, Ret fucking sucks and I don't want to play it even for 20minutes because I would like to play the god damn game I pay for the fucking way I want especially when the MAKERS OF THE GAME said it would be POSSIBLE.

So yeah, fuck off with your stupid logic, you're welcome.
    Could you link a source on that please as I asked the other person? Also if you want to naturally get things done quicker you should have a DPS artifact ready. No need to get insulting because someone has a different opinion than you.

Feel free not to play Ret. Just don't come crying when you realize having a DPS spec to do the WQs helps a lot. Especially when it takes like half an hour- an hour to do half the traits even more. How is it stupid logic to have a DPS weapon with half decent traits and relics so you can blitz through World Quests faster than you would in a Healer spec?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-29 at 08:47 AM.

World Quest Group Finder is probably the reasoning behind this. Made everything way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The issue I am having with many of the responses is acting like the devs are flat out killing character progression. The intent is just dampen the explosion in gear power compared to before. The tuning was off and there is what appears to be a similar bug to gear scaling that was there last expansion.

I would be against a linear scaling but this is not that. Complaints over lack of testing in PTR and with it the ahead of time knowledge of such a change does have its point.

Also if the devs had created a new end game zone then the zone would of still gave healers shit and low ilvl players would be struggling even more.
    Have you considered there might be other ways to resolve this issue? Here are a couple of them:
    1) do not make the gear scale so ridiculously. Every 15 ilvls is about 50k DPS increase, considering we start at around 200k DPS at fresh 110 (~800) and you can get to 890 without trying too hard, you are looking at more than double the power from just first tier of raids alone.

2) seriously, not everyone has to have access to the highest levels of gear. giving casual people steady and reliable access to 895+ gear doesn't exactly help either. If only the dedicated mythic raiders were able to attain this kind of power instead of every Joe Shmoe there, being able to 1 shot mobs at these levels wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue.

3) there's plenty of catch up mechanisms in the game as it is. I really don't get why fresh characters have to be able to be 100% effective in new open world content. Why shouldn't you have to get some gear before you can contribute meaningfully to the latest war efforts? Say, Broken isles was balanced around ilvl 820 char killing mobs in 12-15 seconds, Broken Shore could be balanced around ilvl 865 char doing that. You could go there earlier, but you'd struggle, no harm done. With mythics giving 865, getting above that ilvl will be fairly quick (2 weeks tops would be my expectation), and if you really really really want the new players to be competitive in the new content right away, you could always just make some excuse to scale them up to 865 for that particular content. The tech for it is there...

Even if the mob scaling tech worked as they wanted it to, it'd mean, they nerfed everyone's power progression by 50%.

Well, I was considering renewing my sub for the patch, but with this, I probably won't.

Mobs Scaling With Item Level

Omg how lazy blizzard has come and this is so stupid and bad that is beyond words