Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How is the winner chosen?
    damn it, you made me curious. http://usairguitar.com/

Rules

OFFICIAL RULES OF COMPETITION

US Air Guitar obeys the rules set forth by the Air Guitar World Championships:

Each performance is played to 1 minute (60 sec.) of a song
    The 60 seconds can start anywhere in the song
    The instrument must be invisible & be a guitar
    Air roadies are allowed, but must leave the stage before the performance
    Back-up bands (air or real) are not allowed

US Air Guitar contests each consist of two rounds:

Round 1 (freestyle): each competitor performs to a song of their choice
    Round 2 (compulsory): top competitors from round 1 perform surprise song

JUDGING CRITERIA

In each city, the jury is a panel of independent judges. The results of the jury cannot be protested. All performances are scored on a scale from 4.0 to 6.0 – 6.0 being the highest possible. Scores are given to one decimal point (e.g. 5.4, not 5.48). A single score is given to each air guitarist based on their overall performance in that round.

The score reflects the quality of the performance based on three key criteria:

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They have an air guitar contest, nothing surprises me.
    I didnt know about the OP thing as that seems some crazy shit children do that we didn't do 20 years ago. Air guitar thing has been going on a while and I actually live where they hold the world championships every year, but never been there.

It would seem we like doing crazy shit here. We used to have sauna championship competition, but a older russian competitor died and younger Finn was in coma for 2 weeks so they stopped doing it. Wife carrying competition is also rather well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's kind of like quidditch, except without the big hits for the highlight reels.
    This. Quidditch is so much better.

You know what's even crazier. I checked the website and it seems these stickhorses have names and some of them were marked by horse race, gender etc. What the hell? Maybe I should try to get into air guitar world championships and show around my *insert expensive guitar here*

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    You know what's even crazier. I checked the website and it seems these stickhorses have names and some of them were marked by horse race, gender etc. What the hell? Maybe I should try to get into air guitar world championships and show around my *insert expensive guitar here*
    Last time they tried to breed them they caught the building on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I challenge you to share that video on your facebook feed.

I agree I felt the video was quite jailbaity....
    I don't have facebook.

I may look at that and go "that's ridiculous!" but secretly I'm thinking (man, that looks fun as hell...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I mean there is really no better way to sum up my feelings on this...