Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    More challenge is always welcome in my eyes. If mobs are too easy, I get bored.

Take off a ring, drop sub 850 ilvl and 1 shot stuff again. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    by "longer" you mean it takes 3 globals instead of 2 to kill a mob. people are bitching about unequipping gear but on all 3 of my characters at varying gear, I've yet to even notice an actual difference
    I take off a ring and mobs go from 1.5 to 1 mil health, that's 33% difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That of course, depends on the amount of money. $200 is a trivial amount, even if the product is subpar, definitely not a wonderful purchase, but not enough to give a crap about, it's still more value than the regular version.
    It's more a matter of perceived value for the product versus cost. 330 $ for a nintendo switch is ok but I'd never spend 200 $ for the crappy collector edition I was talking about.

As for wow, if the perceived value for the content is equivalent to the one you get from a random F2P mmo (and 7.2 has true Korean F2P mmo vibes, with the 10 000 war supplies you need to get one temporary building, while a WQ gives you 25 war supplies each), then 13 $ a month is still too high.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-03-29 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokryn View Post
    Is taking an extra 30 seconds to do a quest "difficult" or just tedious? I've done the quest hundreds of times, why make it longer? It's an MMORPG my character should never move backwards in power.

The game isn't harder, it's more tedious. Come on, was world content actually hard when you dinged 110? No, it wasn't, you just could't zerg down 10 mobs at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Mobs are easy no matter the ilvl. The problem is that 99% of enemies in the world are just damage sponges that auto-attack you. There are barely any mechanics to speak of and the few that there are aren't even challenging/dangerous at low ilvls.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, a lot of times the people who complain about the game being too easy/no content/boring/etc do so just to hear (or read, in this case) their own voice and feel important.
    Sure, there are a few people who provide actual insight into things and how they are subpar and such, even going so far as to provide evidence to support their case, but otherwise it's a lot of complaining for the sake of complaining because people have this dream of how WoW "should be" and how it doesn't measure up on live.

Scaling mob health/damage with ilvl is one small part in making the world "dangerous", but it fails to make it "relevant".
    Now, if they updated mobs to actually do something outside of auto-attack, then sure, it could be interesting.
    If you pull 3-4 mobs and one of them has defensives/debuffs, the other heals, and one has cc's (stuns, slows, etc) and you had to actually use your toolkit to win, even in your precious Mythic gear, maybe cc the healer prior to pull or things like that, then sure, it could be fun to some, but to others the complaint would be "omg this is tedious/takes too long/boring/repetitive/whatever" and a number of other complaints, related or otherwise.

Bottom Line: There is no pleasing everyone and those who complain will complain regardless of what happens. It doesn't make them hypocritical, it just makes them annoying. Best to ignore and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The game isn't harder, it's more tedious. Come on, was world content actually hard when you dinged 110? No, it wasn't, you just could't zerg down 10 mobs at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Mobs are easy no matter the ilvl. The problem is that 99% of enemies in the world are just damage sponges that auto-attack you. There are barely any mechanics to speak of and the few that there are aren't even challenging/dangerous at low ilvls.
    While that's true, if you have multiple mobs attacking you, it is going to be a challenge even though the mechanics are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I take off a ring and mobs go from 1.5 to 1 mil health, that's 33% difference.
    They said they are fixing that.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I sometimes wonder whether blizzard should remove riding mounts and run and make players only walk. I'm quite interested how absurd would be blue posts and blizzdrones nonsense on mmo-c.

Or hear this, even better idea: how about letting players online only for a hour per week. What a dream situation, no? Those damned players, how dare they farm stuff in a game!
    because everyone does the same level of farming right?

I was referring to people who spend 10+ hours daily in small groups farming down mobs which respawn to fast - yes these do exist and normally get a increase spawn timer to stop players using them like they do - turtles in mop as an example. Or the botters who sneak through blizzards ever watching eye

They said they are fixing that.
    They're probably going to make it so it scales to your "in bags" ilvl so you can't fudge the system.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    2. It's not making the game harder, it's making the game longer.

since when harder =/= takes longer?

If something is easy to kill, it's faster. Nothing, no matter what you do, is hard if it takes you couple seconds to do it. Hard stuff TAKE LONGER. Dark Souls's bosses for example. They're harde bc they take time to kill plus they have fuck up mechanics that if you fuck them up, you die and yuo have to start them all over. Long fights is the same, if you fuck up you're in bad luck bc you have to redo them again. Thats why vanilla is considered to be hard, bc it takes time

The difference is we were always going to eventually fly in Legion during the expansion, but the scaling change nullifies (or strongly mitigates) the point behind a gear treadmill.

Flying makes consuming content faster; the scaling makes it slower but also removes a lot of motivation behind gearing in the first place, thus removing the need to consume that content.

Bad enough when they were making heroics harder, IMO, after touting Mythic as being the answer to keeping dungeons relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not that the game is too easy, the problem is that the game is too easy for other people.

I've worked super hard as an elite player since vanilla so I deserve to avoid world challenges and roll over all the filthy peasant content.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Well, what if among the millions of players playing this game there are some that want the game harder, while there are other who want it easier?
    You know, different people having different opinions.
    In other words. Nothing Blizzard does will appease everyone and their efforts to do so are completely fruitless.
    And people wonder why they don't listen to their customers anymore.

It's not a huge deal, but it's just bad game design.

If you raid then you need the best gear, scaling mobs only slow you down.

If you don't raid then scaling mobs ruin the game by making leveling and gearing pointless. Why level past 100? Just make all the mobs 101-103, what was the point of the last 4 zones?

What is good design? Let's say you have mobs that are strong against casters, and others that are strong against melee etc. Why don't any of the mobs have seriously deadly attacks or mechanics other than hit it really hard?

What's probably going on behind the scenes is that the project was just handed off to a different project manager who threw out all the other ideas and went with his own, players be damned. This is called conflicting design, it's like changing captains mid-voyage or presidents every 4 years.

Deleted
    I doubt very much people were referring to the outside world and more talking about dungeons / raids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Actually yes it was if you wasnt a tank, my fire mage had a hell of a hard time as soon as I hit 110.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Clearly you have no idea what your talking about. People don't stand in cities they actually go into the world and pvp, do dungeons and raid.
    Which is exactly what they're doing in Legion. Legion zones have more relevance at max level than ANY previous iteration's world content. Fact.

And I've been on a certain "private" server, and there sure as hell were loads of people in the cities bitching about retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really have yet to notice any difference.

It's almost like different people have different opinions on aspects of the game. Making combat last 5-10 seconds longer isn't making it more difficult, just wasting more time doing useless chores.

Even though it doesn't make the game harder... at all... Wait for it....... what if.... there are TWO groups of people voicing separate opinions on an issue?!? Oh my jesus. No that would be ridiculous to think that there are groups of people who disagree. Let's go with your notion that everyone all wants the same thing and just can't be happy. That makes way more sense.