Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some Arabs are brown.

Some Asians are brown. But didn't people use to say they were yellow?

But why the heck are we putting people into a skin color box?
    That's stupid, if you wanna judge a group of people, judge them for their culture. And even then, what about individuals who rebel against said culture?
    I dunno this entire moniker seems racist to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    It's what you refer to people whose ethnic origin you're not certain about. Like when you don't wanna call a guy from the middle east an arab because that'd be stereotyping and potentially racist.
    I'd fight for the term "brown people" used as a self-identifying term as being politically correct. You're gonna call a person who looks Latino a Mexican most of the time, when in actuality, the person is probably a 6th generation American who has ancestry from Peru.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's usually people trying to make you sound racist by saying you dislike "brown people" when you dislike certain ideologies, ironically they are actually the racists since they make the assumption all "brown" people are part of the same group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Some Arabs are brown.

Some Asians are brown. But didn't people use to say they were yellow?

But why the heck are we putting people into a skin color box?
    That's stupid, if you wanna judge a group of people, judge them for their culture. And even then, what about individuals who rebel against said culture?
    I dunno this entire moniker seems racist to me.

Why do we put ANYONE into a box? Because, clannishness. It sucks but we as a species are not intelligent enough yet to deviate away from wanting to group/"other" people different from ourselves.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Because they believe race is a social construct that does not extend beyond skin colour. Thus all of a sudden you have Indians, mulatos, and Arabs in the same category no matter how little sense that makes.

As for the term Asian, I think Brits brought it to new extreme, using the term when they want to mask the ethnicity of the criminal in question. You can guess they're not talking about Chinese from the get go. For some reason that Asian always end up being Pakistani or some such. In rhetoric sense it holds true, but in factual, where the idea of who is classified as Asian and who is not is pretty clear and straight-forward, it is an obvious mud in the eyes of public.
    Just like "creole skin" is code talk for Gypsy in police reports around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    A lot of people in non-white countries have white features due to colonization; like, if you were to go to México, you would be surprised how many Méxicans are white skinned, blue eyed with blonde hair. You would think that they're not Méxicans, but sadly, they're the majority there.
    Most of the Mexicans that the typical American would meet will probably be working class immigrants, who in turn would be mostly of indigenous extraction. Thus the stereotype that all Mexicans, and by extension all Latinos and even some European Hispanics for some reason, belong to a distinct race of "brown" people. Then again, nobody ever confuses Mexicans with American Indians, which is actually quite surprising since natives usually end up in the same box regardless of whether they would agree with that classification or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    So this guy isn't white?

Syria is where the white slave trade went to.

Koreans are brown people? What? They're paler than me ffs.

Ever heard of something called makeup that women uses on a daily basis?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    As someone who knows a lot of Korean people IRL, Koreans are very pale and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite simple.

This is a brown person...

This is a white person...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    As someone who knows a lot of Korean people IRL, Koreans are very pale and white.
    Sounds more like mole people to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My summer tan is more brown than most brown people. What am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here it's a term used to make fun of the fearmongering coming from Swedish media and the Swedish Democrats (read as: xenophobia still lies dormant in many Swedish people, all it will take is a big push and we'll start building camps).
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Koreans are brown people? What? They're paler than me ffs.

Arent skin whitening products very popular in Korea and Asian countries, if they were so pale by "nature" it wouldn't be that wanted. Not saying that Koreans are brown people.

Orcs that never drank Mannoroth's blood.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    They tend to call Arabs brown, little do they know that the Levantine people, Lebanese/Palestinians/Syrians etc are mostly white and not brown. But people are so racist they just think the whole region made up of 22 countries is the same.

Learn about each country boys, each one is unique in its culture, history, diversity etc...
    How are we to know when they cover up and only show their eyes?

Gypsies are brown and support ISIS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Gypsies are brown and support ISIS.
    Why is it relevant that some support ISIS?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Koreans are generally not dark. They are pale skinned compared to us thai and malay people. With that said, there are a lot of naturally light skinned people in thailand too, they're often with mixed chinese ancestry or full chinese.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Arent skin whitening products very popular in Korea and Asian countries, if they were so pale by "nature" it wouldn't be that wanted. Not saying that Koreans are brown people.
    Yeah, among people who are darker. If you are naturally pale there's no use in using it. It's a beauty standard and among many correlated to your social status as well since paler skin means you are not working outside. I know a lot of naturally pale women here in taiwan and they're just minimizing their exposure to the sun to stay pale, not using any skin whitening products as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Well, here it's a term used to make fun of the fearmongering coming from Swedish media and the Swedish Democrats (read as: xenophobia still lies dormant in many Swedish people, all it will take is a big push and we'll start building camps).
    You can't be serious.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-03-30 at 09:28 AM.

The US's race politics in the last few centuries seem to have created the idea in their national consciousness that people come in "white" and "black". So when they see people who clearly don't fit either of those definitions I guess they fall back on "brown".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.