Thread: Feral Advices.

Deleted

Question Feral Advices.

Hello.

I'm swapping my main to feral Its a bit late to change but that's that, so its under geared and i only have little experience with it. I'm hoping to cut out some errors before "learning" the rotation incorrectly. I've read a chunk of guides and looked up a other resources. However I have a few questions.

Also, I got my first legendary last night (after raid...) and wonder if it changes my rotation at all...

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Íyo/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=25

So I got good rankings but that's only because I was the ONLY feral druid at my ilvl to be doing it so that's not very helpful or accurate.

Anyways my questions.
    1. I understand savage roar is more important upkeep then rip, Should I be aiming to cast a lower combo point savage roar if it means i am likely to keep up rip for longer? (i.e. a 2 or 3 combo point savage roar) Is this worth it Or is the guaranteed proc of blood talons more important?

2. I am at 5 combo points, getting near full energy , rip is running low but is not below the "none wasted" thresh hold. but i wont have time to rebuild the combo points and if savage roar is starting to run out. - do I just reapply rip, accept that i have lost a few ticks and then start getting ready for another savage roar? - I realise if i had not had full energy i would just wait. but i got put in this situation a couple of times... Or is that i should never be in this situation and thus I've done something wrong?

3. I have the two piece bonus sat in my bags, to my understanding the 2peice bonus is bad and is unused. am i right in just leaving my set bonuses in my bags (i have other "better" bits of gear in that slot) - Also does this apply to 4 set as well? and if not is it worth giving up a legendary for the 4 set (the legendary i have is Fiery Red Maimers

4. the legendary... Do i use Maim as my next combo spender after using Ashmane's ? is it better to save it until i don't need to savage roar? or is it just not better then either Savage roar or Rip. What about in 2/3 target situations?

5. Does Check my wow work for feral druids properly? I only ask because I looked on Krosus and its says i used 2/2 beserks in the fight. however when i go to cool down tab it says i used it 0% :\ I don't know which or either is correct

6. I believe i should never leave cat form. Therefor should never leave cat form to cast regrowth for the forced blood-talons proc?

7. I noticed I wasted a lot of combo points on my Primal Fury, Is this normal? can I do anything to play around it? is it worth casting something at 4 combo points just to make sure i don't waste the extra point?

On Krosus my up time on Rip is only 86% and Savage Roar is 92% - I'm guessing both of these should be near the 100% and should be my main thing to improve?

Any other advises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Ent

Deleted
    Mobil phone derp inc:
    I switched to feral at the start of NH and even though its a complex rotation i am sure you ll get into it pretty quickly since you seem to be dedicated.

I will start with your questions and look up ur logs later at the computer if i feel like its needed.

1. You should empower all ur rip and rakes with savage roar (SR) and bloodtalons (BT). This means in some hopefully rare cases you should cast a lower than 5 CPs savage roar. If you are about to drop SR and Rip go for a not SR empowered rip imo. In those low cp savage roar situations its even acceptable to hard caste regrowth and than apply the full empowered rip. But you shouldnt get in situations like this often

2. Hard to answer in short. You shouldnt be in those situations often if you get used to feral. You are suppossed to pool your energy before you apply a new rip because of the artefact skill ashamns bite. In the described sSituation you are at 100 energy so going for rip is leading you to build combo points up for savage roar and some chances of procxing AB. You want to get it while rip has a long duartions since its copying ur rip.

3. 2 piece is not bad and unused but its not great either. We do use it even in ST. You use ur free cast proccs to cast thrash. Sim urself to see if its worth it for you. Having high ilevel items can be better than the 2 piece.

4. I ll edith here

5. Gotta admit that i dont know check my wow? Is it a website?lol
    To analyize ur fights use warcraft logs and: http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws this website is great. You can just paste ur warcraftlogs link in there at the tool tells you evertyhing you did right and wrong.

6. I posted smth already about that. Low energy rake and SR up anything else on cd rip about to drop and no BT up - hard caste regrowth and apply rip. ( shouldnt happen though)

7. Always go for 5 cps finisher. Special SR case is explained above. If you waste cps because of that it doesnt matter. We have no energy to spend cps on furious bite or smth so just keep losing them by overcapping
    Edith: if you pool ur energy to 100 before refreshing rip you dont overcap that much and you get more chances ofoder high ashmans bite duration.
    Because of that pooling we are not even always refreshing rip during the pandemic timer.

Higher uptime on SR Rip and rake is always what we should aim for 100% wont happen even on krosus but super good logs got 95% or smth.

Try to poste ur logs in the clawnalyst site i cant check warcraft logs properly on my phone.

I suggest and recommand http://www.fluiddruid.net/forum/view...php?f=3&t=5714 this should lead you to “xanzaras feral guide“ two pdfs one contains 7.1'5 changes. Check out both.

I recently joined feral discord. Highly recommanded. Guides, weak auras and helpful ppl.

Greetz
    Last edited by mmocf805bb64e1; 2017-03-30 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Oh wow, that a very detailed response! thank you very much Apdarooki.

When you say you should empower all your rips with SR and Blood talons. does this mean its never worth casting unless you have BOTH of these buffs? so this is when i hard cast regrowth to get the blood talons for rip? (if i messed up) (or mechanic prevented me from doing it correctly)

Other then that, all the advises are great. I have compared myself to another similar geared druid and for less rip casts he is doing A LOT more damage, so I'm guessing I'm casting too many of my rips without blood talons.

Check my wow checks logs - I cant get the Clawnalyst to work, just says there was no feral in the logs...

Thanks again for all the advises! I have a lot to work on <3

I don't know who Edith is. but ill wait to hear back on the legendary legs. ty

Ent

Deleted
    Hey Ent

you should really try run u're logs tru
    http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/

this i hope give u a idea how feral works.
    u're main focus should really be to empower RIP and Rake with SR/BT/(TF then off CD)

like this very basic, save u're regrowth proc , when at 5 cp(with SR up) cast regrowth, then rip, then rake, EVERY rip/rake should be impowered with minium SR/BT or u do it wrong. find some raider doll and try it out.

if u have a hard time understand/learn feral "ovale" addon could help u understand ure rotation

plus find a good opener that suit u and ure gear/legendary.
    Last edited by mmocdaf19f6c1b; 2017-03-31 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Zarrzul, thank you for your responce.

When i go to clawnalyst and put in my logs i get

No Feral Druids in this fight.
    No Feral druid found by spec information, trying to find one by Rake casts
    Reading list of participants
    Analzing fight versus Chronomatic Anomaly (Mythic difficulty)
    Starting Log Clawnalysis

Then nothing...
    :s

Also whats TB?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't raid the current top-notch-megamint-onlythebestshit -raids, you can ditch BT and take OoC instead.
    Combine OoC with the ring (100energy) and maybe even 5% energy, I'm sitting at 241 and I find it very easy to have multiple rips, rakes and swipes rolling alongside with SR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Heyz

Sorry not TB but BT :P

take a single log out i toke ure krosus "copy the url" https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=10&source=25 into claw.

here is ure report http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/fCMx7zAa3NkjWdnT_10_0.html

Deleted
    I paste ur warcraftlogs link into clawnalyst and it worked.
    http://clawnalyst.nimos.ws/fCMx7zAa3NkjWdnT_5_0.html check this link out for ur results.
    I pasted the link of the overall damage done of your raid in there. The page searches for the ferals. Dont click on you before copying the link.

TB was a typo by him. He meant blood talons.

Deleted
    Awh I see, you type in the individual fight, i was just typing in the whole logs.
    Thanks for all your advises, I can see my bt-> rip was too low. i need to work on getting that up as a prio, that seems to make a huge difference.

Thanks all.