Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its not a secret... PvP is in the worst state in WoW history. What they were thinking?

PvP just feels so unrewarding to me

because when people are bad pvp seems imbalanced to them.
    plus the presupposition that there might be too many cheaters.

The only time you see any form of balance in PvP is when you're in a team in an arena. Most people don't want to go hard enough to be in a dedicated arena team. Then there are Random BGs. They are horrible. Its rare you get a good team. Most of the time you get a team half full of people who don't understand the bg points or don't care. They run around doing whatever they want and fight where ever they want. Screw guarding the flag or the carrier. Just go balls to the wall in the road. It gets frustrating trying to win a bg when your entire team is ignoring its objectives all together. Or you get bots who just afk.

Then you get to the higher ranks of PvP where most people assume cheating gets to be pretty rampant.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Two big problems in why.

First is to do high level pvp you need a buddy with you to que. In today's day day where majority of online ranked games have single ques it is such an old dated system that needs a revamp. People would love to get gladiator gear and the mounts but 90% of the time its really pulling teeth trying to find another 2 people.

2nd if you are not doing high end ranked pvp there is zero to no reason for you to be doing pvp at all. The reward system is terrible and discouraging. And god forbid you start to pvp now, there is zero catch up system to get you higher prestige levels.

The pvp teams have handled everything horribly this expansion. There was more people doing pvp in WOD during its lowest point than people doing pvp in Legion at its highest point. By those numbers you know the team is doing a terrible job.

Even big pvpers like asmongold only do the pvp world quest as there is zero to no reason to do pvp. The game has evolved sooooo much over the years and pvp is left in the dust with a horrible system and a terrible design that ultimately failed this expansion.

We are most likely going to get a revamp in the next expansion AGAIN.

Casual game for casual players. They can't pvp because getting good while playing casually is more rare than the people who get good by putting time in.

Trying to pvp and failing makes them realize that they aren't good at an easy game, thus hurting their feelings and deterring them from trying to git gud.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

probably already written a thousand times: but as a pvp player I spend now like 90% of time doing pve. that's a big turn off

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Trying to pvp and failing makes them realize that they aren't good at an easy game, thus hurting their feelings and deterring them from trying to git gud.
    Designing a game where you have to "git gud" to enjoy it, when most players can't or won't do this, is a really dumb move on the game designers' parts. Any competent designer keeps the characteristics of the audience in mind when designing their product.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It is really awful pvp to be honest.

Most fights 1v1 are simple rock paper scissors.

Most arena fights are do something every 3mins then run around in a circle...

Wow's pvp is really bad and I am not sure how to fix it without rebuilding the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    A thread that has been inactive for the past 6 months is better off being left for dead. Start a new one with the same topic, since you obviously have something on your mind, but don't necro threads. That's just... bad.
    Can someone tell me why supposed "necroing" is bad? Seriously, why is it bad? Continue a conversation you wish to continue, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Designing a game where you have to "git gud" to enjoy it, when most players can't or won't do this, is a really dumb move on the game designers' parts. Any competent designer keeps the characteristics of the audience in mind when designing their product.
    Yes thanks for reinforcing my point. It's a casual game for casual players which is why most people don't pvp.

most = bads
    bads = can't pvp

dunno why it posted twice
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2017-09-16 at 01:50 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Can someone tell me why supposed "necroing" is bad? Seriously, why is it bad? Continue a conversation you wish to continue, nothing wrong with that.
    There's a whole bunch of reasons that can apply to a thread, depending on the content of that thread. As an example, let's say Rogues suck and all three specs are bottom of the charts. Someone makes a post of it and whines. The discussion moves on to a specific talent being really bad but mandatory for raiding. That in turn leads the discussion to stat weights and how much Haste is causing problems. Fast forward a couple of months and Blizzard has not only buffed overall Rogue damage, but also changed the talent and made Haste better. New person finds old thread, reads the first few pages and replies. "OMG dude, we are totally not bottom of the charts, that talent is super awesome, but I see the problem with Haste and I think it would be better if something like this happened". What that person replied to is now outdated information, but the talk is going again. For no reason at all. Just because one person didn't see how long it's been since the last post. And because people aren't very observant, they'll see it pop up to the front again, read the first few pages and reply to other people about something that was relevant last year. Again, just an example, but something that's happening far often than you think.

I know that a general discussion about a behaviour might still be relevant throughout the years, but generally speaking, posting in old threads is frowned upon on most forums.

1. Templates.

2. Class homogenization + no buffs.

PvP simply isn't fun.

The guy who was responsible for this mess of PvP got fired not too long ago, next expansion should be way better, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    The guy who was responsible for this mess of PvP got fired not too long ago, next expansion should be way better, I hope.
    If he was fired not long ago then next exp already was designed partialy by him.

On topic - people enjoy balanced PvP. There is a reason why Moba genre is so popular. Sadly, most MMO either play full loot bullshit or open world full bullshit pvp which isnt pvp IMO but gankers and griefers heaven.

The only MMO i can think off which made even playfield was GW2. I actually enjoy that system quite a bit.

According to me, PvP in all it's forms is THE worst part of any game.
    I've never enjoyed PvP whatsoever, and i rather stop playing the game games than spend time participating in PvP.

I used to be an mount-collector, my account was created before AQ40 was released and i still don't have any of the PvP mounts... (by my own choice)

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This right here. Nothing more frustrating than skill being measured by how good you are at dry humping pillars.
    As someone who likes holy pallies (I like the concept, before the 2 other pally specs) but dislikes pillar hugging with this spec in arenas, count me in. All should know that Holy pallies don't live or die like a man...they have their tricks. When I see an arena video with a holy pally I can only respect the player!
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-09-18 at 06:01 AM. Reason: S are hard

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    LoL and many other games have much more enjoyable PvP than WoW
    This. Well, I'm not into LoL, but if I'm going to PvP, it will be in a game which was designed for players to play against each other, not one where it was a bolted-on afterthought.

Deleted
    Because they know they suck and would get wrecked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters.

Just bounce around without any downsides, all instant casts bla bla bla