Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well let me tell you a story about me and with regard to this why i feel WoW PvP is not a thing. I have been a pvper for 5 years in other MMO's before i started playing WoW, i could never believe that i can be a pver but after joining wow and trying to pvp there was no pvp. What i mean is I used to work hard to get op gear in other games and then it was how i used my class so i can smash enemies in addition to wow in which case everything is easy, a bit of farming and everyone is equal in gear etc and only skill matters. I feel like wow is lacking a lot in pvp there are no castle sieges , open pvp, rewarding gear for working months to get it. I think some of the features i mentioned would add a bit more suspense on pvp at least for me. Finally i believe wow will always be a pve game and its ok for me to be honest the reason is that all this grand story and the next level of pve that this game offers its really hard for someone to pick pvp over pve in wow at least with this casuality that i feel pvp offers in wow.

Deleted
    Cos WoW PVP fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by devolgaming View Post
    (...)I feel like wow is lacking a lot in pvp there are no castle sieges , open pvp, rewarding gear for working months to get it. I think some of the features i mentioned would add a bit more suspense on pvp at least for me. (...)
    I second that as well. For goodness, PvP in WoW should all be about mass siege pvp, conquering territories for his faction, and so on.....there are so many possibilities.
    Arenas are fine, but the game needs more mass-focused PVP, this is a MMO.

Also despite some dislike any PvP at all, I myself like there is PvP in WoW, AND PvE, I would never have begun play this game otherwise. Peace out.

Because its a fucking imbalanced grind.

For me PvP just feels bland. It feels like I never have the ability to defeat another person unless I'm with people, even if I theoretically should hold all of the advantages. I enjoyed early SWTOR PvP because I felt like I could survive encounters and still complete the BG goals, and I loved Rift's BGs...

Deleted
    I'm part of that majority it seems. I don't find it enjoyable, I used to like PvP from Vanilla to Wotlk, but to me it has now turned into one giant CC-fest (not that we didn't have that in the olden days when Frost Mages could permakite warriors or Rogues could stunlock, but it's definitely worse) and fights can last too long.

I enjoy PvP when there's less stuns, slows, fears, disorients, roots and when fights are resolved a bit faster. I've given Arena a go in WoD as a Turbocleave comp, and even then fights could last fucking forever. One of the worst experiences I've had, but I got my 100 wins so whatever.

There's also a severe lack of balance that I'll never understand.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-09-18 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    I second that as well. For goodness, PvP in WoW should all be about mass siege pvp,
    Unfortunately, the game systems cannot support mass battles very well.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Just transferred off a PvP server after a 7 month hiatus.

Sure do love haing 4m+ health DPS drop down and global me while levelling. Got to 110, still running around on the ground and can't escape because lolflying. Instanced pvp might've improved, but world content is fucking atrocious and it always has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    What really kept me playing WoW all these years was pvp. To me it was the fun part of the game and the thing I enjoyed mostly about WoW. But legion really ruined pvp for me, the way things are balanced, the non existent need for actual pvp gear, and the equalization of stats in pvp.

I've loved wow pvp more than just about anything else for most of the time the games been live. But things have just gotten worse and worse in terms of how classes play themselves and each other. There's no enjoyment to be had in pvp now. It's either hyper competitive or a bot like grind for the next honor level.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People can't cope about being owned directly by another player. It's too much for them to handle.

Sorry. It isn't personal.
    This is partly my issue, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I used to only do the occasional BG anyway, but (seemingly) unkillable healers and the CC made it unfun. Then you get the d-bag that has a macro that spams /spit /laugh whenever he kills you, which makes it even more unfun.

Its not healthy for me to be in a state of rage over a video game, so I stick to PvE.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

From the first day WoW was available for purchase I already knew why I wanted to play the game. It was for questing, exploring, building up a character, raiding, and be a part of the lore. PvP was already then out of the question, and ever since been on Silvermoon PvE.

Deleted
    Its still so much fun when you attack and dance around the keyboardturner/clicker/backpaddle pandaren, after laughing with your friends about it, you notice the flashing chat window. The pandaren logged onto the opposite faction, just to whisper you some sh1t or even better when he adds you on battle chat and you can report him for harassment:/
    I think it looks like they are smurfing when they backpadding.
    Just tell me, how the hell can you move so fast forward and backward while dpsing, and why are you doing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is so half-assed now. Even as a predominantly PvE player I loved Wintergrasp, and would love to see something like it again, with an interesting premise and worthwhile rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't enjoy getting CC spammed and then blown up.

I suck at, I dont even bother to fight back when im attacked

Because they don't want to realize they're terrible players.

Deleted
    It's a myth. About 40-50% does PvP on the regular. Tosan was IN Blizzard's headquarters and got the information right from the source. It's extremely ignorant to think only 5-10% does PvP. Like, really!?

Tosan's video about the PvP Myth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5AFoKoSrg

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Call me ignorant I guess, but i've read that only about 5-10% of players participate in pvp like arena / battlegrounds etc. I've always been curious about this. Do WoW players just hate PVP in general or do they get more joy out of slaying dragons instead? Someone help me out here. btw I participate in both pve and pvp. I like both aspects of the game a lot.
    I am Prestige Rank 14...and i been avoiding pvp as much as possible because today's game mechanics have removed all the joy out of it.

Deleted
    Not saying WoW PvP isn't bad now. It's the worst it's been in quite some years. But that doesn't mean during MoP when almost half the population did PvP actively. And by the way, people complained like mad during MoP PvP aswell. Only after did "we" realize what we lost. We complained over to much CC so Blizzard pruned away... way too much.