Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions in your post, but the major assumption you make is that individuals have access to alternatives to Planned Parenthood in all communities, particularly for low income individuals. This is not actually the case in practice. Health care for the poor and for those in rural areas is actually at a crisis point, particularly for states that did not elect to expand Medicaid under the ACA.
    Im in Ft Worth, and I actually dont know of any alternatives to PP that arent more expensive. THey uh, dont really seem to make free / cheap health clinics easy to find / get to. Then add in the judgements you occationaly get by asking for this shit in non PP / gyno places and yeah, PP stull serves a much needed niche.

I actually am going to one soon since my old gyno retired and I don't trust anyone else. Much cheaper than going to my usual doctor.

Maternal mortality rates in Texas doubled after state cut funding to Planned Parenthood.

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninth...arenthood/amp/

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/02...lative-agenda/

Just because women's healthcare and contraception is available by insurance does not mean people will use it. Accidents happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    No need to be snarky. I was not trolling. No one really seemed to offer a reason why PP needs to be funded. All the services offered there can be provided at other private/ public practices. Everyone should have insurance, and therefore, can go to the Dr. Between the $500 million they get a year and the overblown military budget we can start cutting the deficit and debt.

The part that bothers me most is the PP 501 c 4 spent over $30m on elections the last 4 years. No organization receiving federal funding should be able to lobby. That includes corps, banks, energy co....Don't keep your eyes closed to long....baaaaaaaa
    The majority of their "funding" comes from Medicaid reimbursements. In other words payments for services rendered to the poorest citizens. They do receive some state funding too. They also receive some Title X grant money that is specifically to be spent on family planning services, again to the poorest citizens. They are not given a blank check from the federal government to spend in any way that they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Just because women's healthcare and contraception is available by insurance does not mean people will use it. Accidents happen.
    You know you can get abortions at other places instead of PP, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ofc but some areas of the country have limited choices not all clinicians perform elective abortions.

The ACA didn't make sure everyone was insured, so that blows a huge hole in the initial statement. Planned Parenthood is actually fairly cost efficient when it comes down to it. However, I have no problem eliminating public funding for them. Of course, they would be far down on the list, since there are bigger fish to fry. Start with Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the DoD, USDA, crop subsidies, energy subsidies, SNAP, and DHS.

Is planned parenthood still using the Scissor chopping method for late term abortions and selling to the highest bidder?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The ACA didn't make sure everyone was insured, so that blows a huge hole in the initial statement. Planned Parenthood is actually fairly cost efficient when it comes down to it. However, I have no problem eliminating public funding for them. Of course, they would be far down on the list, since there are bigger fish to fry. Start with Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the DoD, USDA, crop subsidies, energy subsidies, SNAP, and DHS.
    The ACA forces you to pay for insurance or get fined, and it subsidies the cost if you're poor, there is no excuse to not have health insurance, other than you're cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Is planned parenthood still using the Scissor chopping method for late term abortions and selling to the highest bidder?
    Is this some O'Keefe bullshit?

Because PP does more then give abortions and contraceptives out? Like a lot more then that, holy shit people, this isn't hard to find and understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ACA forces you to pay for insurance or get fined, and it subsidies the cost if you're poor, there is no excuse to not have health insurance, other than you're cheap.
    There is a hole though. Those who make too much for the subsidy (or live with parents who make too much) but would still be extremely tight if buying the insurance without it. I actually fall into this.

Well, that, or you simply have no money at all, or want to stick it to the government.

This is your logic? Just go somewhere else, huh? PP is generally the best access that some people have. You know PP provides more care than just providing abortions?

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but if they shut down PP and you just go somewhere else. As evidence easily produced, that states then make laws to basically make it impossible for these clinics to stay open.

In my previous post about Texas mortality rate increase. It once again shows they don't care about the child. Just want to make the decision for someone's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yes. Then all of us Pro-choice people gather around and smear ourselves with blood and eat the remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    If Obamacare made sure everyone is insured and made insurance companies pay for contraceptives, why do we need to still be funding PP. The government poured billions into community health clinics, shouldn't those be enough?
    Not everyone accepts Medicaid (btw I work for a pretty big hospital and we barely take new Medicaid patients) and PP does more then just birth control.