Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Will there be a new Profession Coming in Next Expansion???

Calling it now, Blizzard will introduce a new profession in the expansion after legion.

My guess is it will be wood working or masonry because of how extensive they have been using "help build this building" in the last two expansions.

1) Do YOU think they will introduce a new profession?

2) What do you think could VIABLY make it as a profession?

Woodworking/Carpenter would actually be interesting. Masonry eh I don't see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Masonry is far too limited of a profession. Maintaining buildings is such a small scope of the game, I doubt it could be viable. Professions need to help the character directly in some capacity. What would you make with woodworking? Staves? Already done in Inscription. Bows? Handled by engineering.

I personally think the profession keg has been tapped dry.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's absolutely no viability in a woodworking profession. It makes no sense because it's such a basic scope of an idea, already covered by other professions in totality. Nothing you could do can't be done with engineering, blacksmithing, or inscription.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

What's the point when current professions are pointless? Except alchemy.

God I hope not.

They can barely get them done correctly since MoP, so I hope not
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Wooden weapons are already covered by other professions because a profession of crafting from wood is lacking anything else to make it substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    What's the point when current professions are pointless? Except alchemy.
    Right ? I think probably not a new profession since they are gonna have to revamp them all.. .AGAIN, in the next xpac.

Deleted
    Can see at some point in the future they will add a profession that can make armor dyes. But then that could easily fit in script or alchemy too

Half of the current professions are pointless to have already, I don't see them introduce any profession for, well probably, forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current professions need more work done to them before messing with a new one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Current professions are neutered enough, we don't need even more.
    Blizzard seem unable to keep crafting professions relevant for more than 2 weeks at launch.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any new professions would have to be something minor, a timesink, like Archy. The ONLY possible Prof, imo, would be Construction, combined with player, or guild housing as an additional secondary prof. Personally, I forsee them making the 3 gathering profs a new category (Because, honestly, EVERY MMO does that now), opening up for more ppl having 2 profs, and overall reducing the prices on the AH.

Perhaps combined with making recipes account-wide - A character can still only have 2 crafting, but recipes are shared across alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Current professions are neutered enough, we don't need even more.
    Blizzard seem unable to keep crafting professions relevant for more than 2 weeks at launch.

Its not that they can't keep it, its more that they don't want to. WoD did a decent job on that part as there were a few items that could be kept up till Hellfire Mythic. And every raid up till Legion has had a matching small set of crafted gear that is a step above the previous tier, decent for boosting Ilvl for the rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

While I don't think they will, nor need, to try and introduce more professions it would not exactly be breaking new ground for them to shift around the type of items provided by each profession if they absolutely WANTED to do something like woodworking. Blacksmiths used to make mail. Leatherworkers made relevant profession bags, all of the armor crafting professions made a type of enchant, etc.

Personally I think they should focus on widening class availability a smidge. I don't think that Pandaren learning the ways of the Druid or the much talked about Undead Paladin are unrealistic. That is only a couple of examples of course. One thing I am absolutely NOT ready to see at this point would be Demon Hunters of any other race. They would need a whole new starting experience for the newcomers. Or what about *gasp* even beginning to allow races to join the opposite faction. Since the end of MoP we have been teaming up cross-faction more and more. Heck we even stormed Orgrimmar together. Now we are operating out of class halls alongside, and at times working under, champions from the opposite faction. I understand the desire to keep a two faction system going due to the way PvP, Quests, etc operate but would it be so unheard of for a Tauren to identify with the Night Elves and the alliance or a Human to think that the way the Horde values strength is a better fit for him?

2) What do you think could VIABLY make it as a profession?
    I dunno but I think that a profession handling tabard would be fine. IRL, tabards were VERY important in middle-age, for noble houses at least. In this game, not so much, yeah sure there is a tabard for every reputation, but there's only one each time, and there's no Heraldry science in it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry
    Of course, tabard crafting might be incorporated in the tailoring profession, if it makes sense, or not at all (tailoring already makes your usual shirts though).
    Also, this profession would handle Banners, - individual, racial, faction, and guild banners - as they would handle tabards, maybie we might plant one of our banners for additional advantages in a fight.

But I agree, old professions need to be made relevant first.^^ They don't want to make professions better for one class, and worst for others, now?

Well maybie to begin with, they should undo this, a BS for example is meant to forge plate, so should be a profession for plate wearers. Then we can talk about very powerful forgeable, BoP?! items, maybie with plans dropping from selected dungeons and raids once again.
    Last edited by Aleax; 2017-04-02 at 11:20 PM. Reason: forgot one thing

They better spend time making professions fun and useful than creating a new one.

Deleted
    i wish they would make current professions working, instead

How about making exinsting professions at least somewhat entertaining first before creating new ones. The last couple they added are still struggling for viability..

10+ Year Old Account
    If they follow the path we currently have, I really hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.