7+ Year Old Account

Bizarre Stunt at Auschwitz: Group Kills a Sheep, Then Strips

Nearly a dozen people in their 20s gathered beside the entrance to the Auschwitz memorial on Friday afternoon, slaughtered a sheep, stripped naked and chained themselves together. A fireworks device was set off in the nearby parking lot.

At one point, the young people draped a banner reading “Love” over the entrance gate to the former Nazi concentration camp with its infamous scrollwork bearing the three German words “Arbeit Macht Frei,” or “Work Makes You Free.”

On Friday evening, the authorities were still trying to figure out who the people are and what they thought they were doing.

One local media report said the people had filmed themselves with a drone. Other reports said they were protesting the conflict in eastern Ukraine, though what their staged demonstration had to do with that was unexplained.

Officials at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum — on the sites of the two camps where more than one million people died during World War II — said they had been caught off guard and had no idea what was intended.

Malgorzata Jurecka, a spokeswoman for the district police office in Oswiecim (Auschwitz is the German spelling), said late Friday that 11 people were detained — six Poles, four Belarussians and one German. “At the moment, we are gathering and securing all the evidence connected with this case to determine the exact involvement of the individuals in this dramatic incident,” she said. “It was macabre.”

Museum officials take a dim view of groups using the site as a backdrop for political statements. “Using the symbol of Auschwitz for any kind of manifestations or happenings is outrageous and unacceptable,” the museum said in a statement. “It is disrespectful to the memory of all the victims.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/w...unt-sheep.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Political weirdos... Or cultists? You decide!

What? I mean what?

Seriously, what?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What? I mean what?

Seriously, what?
    If it helps you: nobody knows until yet what the purpose could have been.

Sound like cultists. Or Satanists. Not the "lol I'm a Satanist" group of Satanists, but the ones who actually do animal sacrifices.

Otherwise trolling or a weird art installation.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sound like cultists. Or Satanists. Not the "lol I'm a Satanist" group of Satanists, but the ones who actually do animal sacrifices.

Otherwise trolling or a weird art installation.
    perhaps weird attention whoring, but that's not art in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    perhaps weird attention whoring, but that's not art in my book.
    Art can be anything though. Mixing your own blood with bull semen and then looking at it under a microscope is considered art by people who purport to know these things, so who even knows.

I could stand naked on a corner eating my own shit with a sign across my chest that says LIFE IS ART IS POO IS LIFE and there would be people proclaiming how avant-garde and courageous my art is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cthulhu is upon us.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Art can be anything though. Mixing your own blood with bull semen and then looking at it under a microscope is considered art by people who purport to know these things, so who even knows.

I could stand naked on a corner eating my own shit with a sign across my chest that says LIFE IS ART IS POO IS LIFE and there would be people proclaiming how avant-garde and courageous my art is.
    Will a simple "NO" suffice ? If somebody has to break his brain over the purpose of such installations, then sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Will a simple "NO" suffice ? If somebody has to break his brain over the purpose of such installations, then sorry.
    Well, a photo of Jesus in a glass of piss literally won art awards.

Likewise, my example of blood and spooge is a real thing. It's even fairly mainstream.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Facepalmam qui meriut ferat ?
    If they think, it's art....as long im not supposed to agree, let them have it. decorate your walls with "pissed jesus" for all i care.

Well that certainly is avant garde.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why thooouuuugghhhh?

This can only mean one thing, Half Life 3 confirmed.

I'm fairly convinced that modern art is an advanced form of trolling.

Sheep Killing gone wrong- gone sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm fairly convinced that modern art is an advanced form of trolling.
    Does it work in both ways? Because if so, Trump's Twitter is quite artistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.