Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Broken Shore seems very unrewarding..

Rare bosses drop an utterly negligible amount of currencies. And nothing else.
    Sentinax Beacon bosses drop... 20-30 Nethershards, and literally nothing else. I have to wonder the point of even doing them..

Being region-wide, your personal contributions to the buildings are infinitesimal.

The few gear tokens you extremely rarely find give 855 gear, pointless for anyone who isn't a freshly-levelled character. Maybe the epic ones do drop, but I have yet to see one, though anyone who raids heroic or higher already has better gear (normal too once the raid opens).

There don't seem to be any interesting rewards whatsoever. No mounts to earn, no cool mob drops, no novelty items. Hell, there's barely any achievements either. Your only reward each day seems be just tiny amounts of Nethershards.... The only items of any note are 1 or 2 toys and a tabard from the vendor, available to buy once you've slogged your way through an otherwise pointless grind (at a combined price of 42,000 Nethershards!).

I don't know. I guess I was just expecting it to be a little more interesting. Something more to earn besides just Nethershards (and in ridiculously small amounts at that). Something to do other than just... grinding Nethershards and War Supplies and reptuation. A quest and exploration-based meta achievement that rewards a mount & title or something...

It just feels a kind of stale.... There's no real personal or server progression. There's no real reward. There's no sense that you're actually contributing to the war effort. The world quests are generally unspectacular. Even Cataclysm's Molten Front was miles more interesting than this.

I just hope it becomes more engaging (and rewarding) when the buildings are complete.

How are you finding the Broken Shore?

You are absolutely right. It's boring as shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    im not really doing anything in there unless there is a WQ up.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the broken shore. Tons to do there.

Here is my daily routien:

1) get all world quests done when I get home from work

2) farm nethershards for about an hour

3) kill rares and look for treasures on the island

Takes total time of about 1-2 hours.

Did people expect to be spending 6-7 hours a day there? Even the timeless isle and thunder isle in Mop people only spent an hour or two max a day there.

More baseless whine for baseless whine sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    2) farm nethershards for about an hour
    How the hell is that even remotely fun?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Get in group, mindlessly kill things while bsing with said group, watch tv show, profit (you can sell the legendary item and its going for a decent price right now)

10+ Year Old Account
    you can farm shards by going around the island and killing rares and looting treasures. just like timeless isle. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Rare bosses drop an utterly negligible amount of currencies. And nothing else.
    Sentinax Beacon bosses drop... 20-30 Nethershards, and literally nothing else. I have to wonder the point of even doing them..

Being region-wide, your personal contributions to the buildings are infinitesimal.

The few gear tokens you extremely rarely find give 855 gear, pointless for anyone who isn't a freshly-levelled character. Maybe the epic ones do drop, but I have yet to see one, though anyone who raids heroic or higher already has better gear (normal too once the raid opens).

There don't seem to be any interesting rewards whatsoever. No mounts to earn, no cool mob drops, no novelty items. Hell, there's barely any achievements either. Your only reward each day seems be just tiny amounts of Nethershards.... The only items of any note are 1 or 2 toys and a tabard from the vendor, available to buy once you've slogged your way through an otherwise pointless grind (at a combined price of 42,000 Nethershards!).

I don't know. I guess I was just expecting it to be a little more interesting. Something more to earn besides just Nethershards (and in ridiculously small amounts at that). Something to do other than just... grinding Nethershards and War Supplies and reptuation. A quest and exploration-based meta achievement that rewards a mount & title or something...

It just feels a kind of stale.... There's no real personal or server progression. There's no real reward. There's no sense that you're actually contributing to the war effort. The world quests are generally unspectacular. Even Cataclysm's Molten Front was miles more interesting than this.

I just hope it becomes more engaging (and rewarding) when the buildings are complete.

How are you finding the Broken Shore?
    This patch is a turd.

Because the person finds it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    you can farm shards by going around the island and killing rares and looting treasures. just like timeless isle. lol
    Yeah, BS is TI and Tanaan, except BS is gutted and only the bare essentials now exist. What a blast.

7.2 is pretty much 7.1.5 with Broken Shore WQs unlocked - yet. Let's see how these invasions and stuff work out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Jaylock is the infamous uh. *word that can't be mentioned* of the forums. He picks the position of whatever most people aren't a part of and pretends to like it. Been doing it since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Jaylock is the infamous uh. *word that can't be mentioned* of the forums. He picks the position of whatever most people aren't a part of and pretends to like it. Been doing it since forever.
    Or he has an actual opinion on something? Why do you feel the need to insult a poster for having an opinion?

He's bating. It's what he does.

I have to agree, though. What annoys me the most is the limited amount of war effort ressources you can earn per day. It doesn't feel like you are actually contributing. Plus even after we have built all buildings once, the Mage Tower has to be rebuilt constantly. So we will need this ressource indefinitely.

I only hope the invasions next week also grant these war effort thingies. Or I just might take a break until all the content has been released. And yeah, nothing interesting to buy for nethershards. I was wondering the same, why bother grinding them....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or he has an actual opinion on something? Why do you feel the need to insult a poster for having an opinion?
    For 10k posts you seem new here.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    For 10k posts you seem new here.
    I'm not. I just don't see the point in insulting people you disagree with.

Deleted
    TI felt a lot more... free. You had all these things you could do, little arcade games (like platforming for one chest), Huolon camping, rope jumping, chasing the Shark, frog farming, the crystal for farming ''flower imps'', Brew boss.

Yes, it grew dull very fast but it had something for everyone.

Plus it had colours.
    I am growing sick, SICK of the black/green shit in my screen.
    Last edited by mmoc70129fcef2; 2017-03-30 at 09:45 PM.

After half a day I could hardly find anything to do in this zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm not. I just don't see the point in insulting people you disagree with.
    Yes obviously you are not. the poster did not insult jaylock in anyway. He stated an opinion, which i agree with, that he creates bait posts.