Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm just not seeing how that's related to watching the left collapse. If anything it's the right that's imploding at the moment, and certainly the right that suffered more internal damage within the party during the last election campaign.
    im from the uk.. the left is being dragged out of the eu and trump is president. i fail to see how the right is imploding lol. We also have le pen who could win the french election and merkel is 50/50. its a crazy time in europe atm.

Either:

1) Flynn is the worst offender in this Russia scandal and he's just playing off of the FBI suspecting wrongdoing higher up the chain in order to make a deal.

OR

2) There was actual wrongdoing higher up the chain (i.e., Trump), and he's trying to cover his own ass.

Will the Trump supporters hang Flynn out to dry now that he's turned on daddy?

Either way, looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost.

I'm just not seeing how that's related to watching the left collapse. If anything it's the right that's imploding at the moment, and certainly the right that suffered more internal damage within the party during the last election campaign.
    Especially given how far reaching the claims are. This isn't just Trump. This is Trump, congressmen, cabinet and department heads, the RNC, etc all having evidence of collusion in this investigation. The entire Republican party could be ripped in two over this.

We'll have to see what Flynn offers up information wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Cheryl Mills requested immunity, and people were saying " Just because she wants immunity, doesn't mean something illegal happened"?

But now that it is Flynn, and Trump is in office.. OF COURSE it now means something illegal.

The hypocrisy, so strong and common that you actually forget you suffer from it.

For the record: Either the immunity means nothing, or it means there is fire behind the smoke, you can't flip back and forth for convenience.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Of course! Alongside portals to popgus
    Now ot: lets see how the usual suspects try to spin this, apart from the emails (please, be original fellas)
    I have an epic portal beacon that will only work in D.C.
    Use your whistle all aboard the DC flight path train!!

Nothing will happen and the happy ( for now) lefties will start hiding once its clear that its a nothingbringer again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    Nothing will happen and the happy ( for now) lefties will start hiding once its clear that its a nothingbringer again.
    But its a time for popcorn, why would they leave?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Either:

1) Flynn is the worst offender in this Russia scandal and he's just playing off of the FBI suspecting wrongdoing higher up the chain in order to make a deal.

OR

2) There was actual wrongdoing higher up the chain (i.e., Trump), and he's trying to cover his own ass.

Will the Trump supporters hang Flynn out to dry now that he's turned on daddy?

Either way, looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost.
    Flynn is fucked. He was fucked when he got caught and then went off the grid after resigning. What he was caught for is absolutely punishable by jail time. There's no way he wasn't being pressured immediately.

Most in the Trump camp are professional weasels, rich lobbyists, Washington outsiders, or Washington exiles. Or hell in many cases even multiple at once. It's no surprise that people start to squeal when pressed. Flynn is also, along with Page, Manafort, and Stone finding themselves caught between the collective US intelligence community and Russia who seem to be wrapping up loose ends pretty rapidly.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

The feds must have a huge fire under his balls for him to plead for immunity

I gotta feeling this whole sorry administration is gonna implode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    im from the uk.. the left is being dragged out of the eu and trump is president. i fail to see how the right is imploding lol. We also have le pen who could win the french election and merkel is 50/50. its a crazy time in europe atm.
    Well this whole topic is about the US, not the EU, so that's what I'm referring to.

Yes, Trump is in power right now. But political swings are greater than the term of a single president, and his rise to power did far more lasting damage to the Republican Party as a cohesive entity than it did to the Democrats. All they lost was an election and a poor candidate. The Republicans lost party unity and identity, and while they might have a representative in power now they themselves are a splintered mess as a direct result.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Remember when Cheryl Mills requested immunity, and people were saying " Just because she wants immunity, doesn't mean something illegal happened"?

But now that it is Flynn, and Trump is in office.. OF COURSE it now means something illegal.

The hypocrisy, so strong and common that you actually forget you suffer from it.

For the record: Either the immunity means nothing, or it means there is fire behind the smoke, you can't flip back and forth for convenience.
    haha yeah. how many people got immunity in that investigation? 6? and no1 broke the law apparently lol.

Well this whole topic is about the US, not the EU, so that's what I'm referring to.

Yes, Trump is in power right now. But political swings are greater than the term of a single president, and his rise to power did far more lasting damage to the Republican Party as a cohesive entity than it did to the Democrats. All they lost was an election and a poor candidate. The Republicans lost party unity and identity, and while they might have a representative in power now they themselves are a splintered mess as a direct result.
    They're also losing the fight with gerrymandering pretty badly which is one of the main ways they hold onto power.

Republicans lost their identity? Wow, this guys probably lives somewhere else or he knows an example where Trump has legislated something that goes against major republican believes.

haha yeah. how many people got immunity in that investigation? 6? and no1 broke the law apparently lol.
    Keep in mind the difference in the cases themselves. Flynn was actually busted with a jailable offense and forced out of his position in the White House. The US intelligence community wants him either in jail or testifying in court. His Russian connections that helped him when exiled from Washington under Obama are seemingly killing everyone involved in dossier, meaning he can't even just try to flee overseas.

He has no play other than to cooperate and get himself out from under the bus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Keep in mind the difference in the cases themselves. Flynn was actually busted with a jailable offense and forced out of his position in the White House. The US intelligence community wants him either in jail or testifying in court. His Russian connections that helped him when exiled from Washington under Obama are seemingly killing everyone involved in dossier, meaning he can't even just try to flee overseas.

He has no play other than to cooperate and get himself out from under the bus.
    so getting a subpoena and destroying the evidence isnt jailable?

yeah so he could just say he has something. gets immunity to save his own ass. its how it worked for the last investigation.

It's all a matter of what can be proved in court and proof of intent.

They have Flynn's balls in a vicegrip. They literally caught him with his hand in the cookie jar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing...

He asked for immunity in exchange for testimony from the FBI, the House investigatory committee, and the Senate committee. They all said no. So either there is a massive conspiracy across multiple branches of government encompassing Republicans and Democrats, or they feel they don't need what he has to say. This could mean that they feel they already have enough of what he could share, and have enough dirt on him to pursue charges, or they could just feel that he knows nothing. But I see no way to spin this as a good thing for the whole Trump party Russia thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bu...bu....bu....bu KILLARY!

yeah so he could just say he has something. gets immunity to save his own ass. its how it worked for the last investigation.
    That's not entirely what happened:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...eted-33000-em/

Also, all of those e-mails were recovered by the FBI.