Player Health in Arenas

Is there a reason why some classes are rocking 5mil hp in arena matches? Is this purely based on the fact that blizz upped the ilevel to 900 for PvP scaling? because no 900 ilevel dps is rocking 5mil hp unbuffed in raids or similar content.

player damage was upped so health was upped, the same is true in random bgs a lot of melee especially fury warriors over 5m hp.

Interesting. Yeah definitely more intimidating seeing a 5 mil DK and warrior on you as a mage with 3.7mil lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusTheRaptor View Post
    Interesting. Yeah definitely more intimidating seeing a 5 mil DK and warrior on you as a mage with 3.7mil lol.
    If you're losing to a DK or Warrior as a Mage in 7.2, you're bad.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    1 vs 1 Fury eats any Mage spec with easy. I would say Fury can 1 vs 2 Mages with not much effort Arms and DKs are other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    1 vs 1 Fury eats any Mage spec with easy. I would say Fury can 1 vs 2 Mages with not much effort Arms and DKs are other story.
    You might be hyping fury a bit. All you have to do is root during burst and then they waste burst and can't touch you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in world PvP a Fury could blow up a Mage before they even realize it, but in instanced 1v1, I just don't see how ANY Warrior spec can beat a Frost Mage. Even Fire Mages now have more kiting tools than Warriors have catch up mechanics and they can keep them kited.

Especially since Fury Warriors rely so heavily on their self buffs for their burst. Mage can easily keep them CC'd or kited til they wear off.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

As 2,1k cr last season fury Main rerolling to Arcane mage i can say that's bullshit, even if you spec the double charge + with the gnome racial, a decent mage will kite you easy AF, even arcane ones can do it if they are good enough.

People seem to be so hyped about the fury warr selfheal but they forget the most important thing about it: you need to hit the enemy to heal yourself.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusTheRaptor View Post
    because no 900 ilevel dps is rocking 5mil hp unbuffed in raids or similar content.
    Templates modify those stats on a spec basis. Assassination for example has -50% or so agility. Some specs have +25% stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

I mean I'm not saying they roll over me. I just said it was more intimidating when we did that first arena queue. After playing for a few games I totally understand why the hp pools are where it's at for them, since damage feels like it was drastically increased for mages.