Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Sargeras already lost against the Void Lords and doesn't know it. In his haste to stop the enemy, he delivered the universe to them.
    If he uses the void to destroy Azeroth, then the void has lost.
    Just using shadow magic doesn't automatically advance their goals, otherwise we'd be doing the same thing.

The Old Gods are the creatures that can corrupt Azeroth, and they need to physically burrow deep into the bones of the planet to do it.
    Summoning voidwalkers on its surface doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If he uses the void to destroy Azeroth, then the void has lost. Just using shadow magic doesn't automatically advance their goals, otherwise we'd be doing the same thing.
    He doesn't want to destroy Azeroth. And no, nothing has ever been stated that she is the only way into the universe. Corrupting a Titan helps, and we have a heavily corrupted Titan... trying to prevent other titans from being corrupted.

The Old Gods are the creatures that can corrupt Azeroth, and they need to physically burrow deep into the bones of the planet to do it.
    Summoning voidwalkers on its surface doesn't matter.
    He went from killing his friends/brethren over them wanting to save Azeroth, to now wanting to spare her because her eyeball is pretty. To me, this could also be a sign that as a demon, he could easily be manipulated already by the Old Gods and Void. For some reason, they keep trying to get him to succeed into coming to Azeroth, knowing that he could destroy the planet. That's a huge risk they're taking and we know they're not stupid.

So to me it's simple, Legion is already corrupted into what it was created to stop. If you can't see it, well we'll just come back to this post next expansion so i can tell you I was right

He doesn't want to destroy Azeroth. And no, nothing has ever been stated that she is the only way into the universe. Corrupting a Titan helps, and we have a heavily corrupted Titan... trying to prevent other titans from being corrupted.
    Azeroth is, according to the Chronicle, the only one left.
    Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth so that the Old Gods can't get their hands on it, or at least he did as of the Chronicle.
    His motivations since then have been a little weirder but there's really no reason to believe it's the Old Gods' doing.

Either he wants to destroy it or make it into his ally against the void. Either of those isn't helping the Void, or the planet.
    Nor does summoning voidwalkers onto the surface or using Shadow magic imperil those goals in any way.

So to me it's simple, Legion is already corrupted into what it was created to stop. If you can't see it, well we'll just come back to this post next expansion so i can tell you I was right
    It's a shame you'll have forgotten next expansion when it turns out you weren't :P
    Last edited by Imnick; 2017-04-10 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Azeroth is, according to the Chronicle, the only one left.
    I have the first Chronicles, you'll have to point me to the page that says she's the last one. The Universe is vast and the Legion hasn't scoured all of it yet.

Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth so that the Old Gods can't get their hands on it, or at least he did as of the Chronicle.
    His motivations since then have been a little weirder but there's really no reason to believe it's the Old Gods' doing.
    As a Titan, he saw clearly that the only way to stop the Void Lords from having the universe, was to kill all life and remake the universe. This is mirrored by a couple others, who make the hard choices that lesser people wouldn't. Arthas purging Stratholme, Illidan doing his illidan shit and Odyn turning ladies into Valkyr.

He then slew his brethren at the thought that they refused to kill Azeroth, which put the entire universe at risk. But now 1000's of years later, he's starting to not stick to the right path. It's no reason to believe that it's not the Void Lords doing? That these beings who created the most manipulating cunning creatures, would be even more manipulating and cunning to have set in motion the universes fall from it's greatest protector? Arthas... Deathwing... Sargeras... DARTH SIDIUS!!!

Sargeras wants to destroy Azeroth so that the Old Gods can't get their hands on it

Either he wants to destroy it or make it into his ally against the void.
    In the artifact lore, it's said that he wants to corrupt her, make her his. He's putting the universe at risk, because he was enthralled at the sight of her eye. He's not of sound mind anymore. He killed his own friends because they wanted to spare her. Then he sees her himself and all of a sudden his "take no chances" attitude is gone. He's not convinced that she's immune to the Old Gods, he's enthralled by her... this comes off as very Void Lord trickery. Especially since we have some hints that Magni himself is being tricked into believing his World Soul is not who he thinks.

Either of those isn't helping the Void, or the planet.
    Nor does summoning voidwalkers onto the surface or using Shadow magic imperil those goals in any way.
    What has the Legion done on Azeroth that has helped secure it's corruption from the Old Gods? Almost everything they've done has helped the Old Gods(Without the Legion Knowing) and in turn the Old Gods are always trying to help the Legion(without the Legion aware) with their invasions.

The Old Gods corrupted as much as they could, but their forces weren't ever enough to beat the mortal races. The War of the Ancients and the Shattering of Kalimdor saw the last of any great empire. The Legion also gave the Old Gods Deathwing(Black Dragonflight) Azshara(Naga) and Xavius(Nightmare Lord), which led to a weakened Dragon flight, control of the seas and a champion to corrupt the Emerald Dream. Which also Led to Hour of Twilight/Cataclysm, Nightmare event and now Nightmare 2.0 with the help of the Satyr's thanks to Xavius. Oh and Naga be playing Legion and Illidari.
    "Spurred on by the Legion and Nightmare Lord Xavius, that creeping corruption has now burst forth, and will engulf all of Azeroth if it is not rooted out at its source."

The use of the void is just more icing on the cake, that is the Legion being pawns of the Void Lords. Without the Legion hammering away at Azeroth, the Old Gods would be further away from their goals.

It's a shame you'll have forgotten next expansion when it turns out you weren't :P
    Oh don't worry I wont, gonna add it to my list of "I was right and Aqua and Co were wrong". Sadly you weren't apart of my last amazing prediction, of WoD's ending