Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Was Hitler after total world domination, or did he just want to control Europe?

I've thought about this quite a bit over the years.

If Hitler actually "won" how long would it have lasted? And how long before the rest of the world beat him back?

I don't think such an evil dictator like him would have lasted long even if he seized control of all of Europe.

I'd say maaaaybe 5-10 years max before he was taken down.

Deleted
    Did you probably watch the dystopia "The man in the high castle"?

Thats an idea how it could have ended.

Fortunately, it didnt. I am german, and very happy the guy did not succeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read above.

Human beings are very easily able to disassociate themselves from crime, tyranny, dictators, etc when a portion of them are placated and when it doesn't really affect them. For the Germans, it was pretty easy for a lot of them to just not bother noticing what was happening around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Read above.

Human beings are very easily able to disassociate themselves from crime, tyranny, dictators, etc when a portion of them are placated and when it doesn't really affect them. For the Germans, it was pretty easy for a lot of them to just not bother noticing what was happening around them.
    I agree.

To go along with that, had Hitler taken control of Europe, I find it very hard to believe that he would have had the power to take control of the United States like the "Man in the High Castle" show on Amazon, given the fact that we had nuclear weapons and he didn't. I know he was close to having nuclear weapons, but being able to fly them across the atlantic and bomb strategic areas in the United States would have been almost impossible for him.

So if he controlled Europe, I don't think the United States would have allowed that for too long, along with Russia and our other allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Liar.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Read above.

They knew. You'd have to be pretty awesome at lying to yourself, bordering on insanity, to block out everything. Did they know the extent of the madness? Probably not. But they definitely knew that something wrong was going on. So it's kind of what you said, but you're giving them an easy out too fast.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

i'm pretty sure he was after world domination.

i just saw a crazy fucking interesting thing on imgur about the occultism in the nazi regime, and it was definitely about world domination.

https://www.quora.com/What-was-Hitlers-ultimate-goal

Had he been successful, other areas of the world would've been next for sure.

"Meanwhile, he saw America as an abomination - a nation filled with wealthy and powerful Jews where cultural and racial mixing occurred regularly like with jazz music. What he aimed to do with these regions in the far future is obviously up for debate."

If Hitler conquered the whole world the impossible "worldpeace" goal would be reality after some time. Think about it for a moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    By years you mean about 15 seconds and then you decided to create a thread about it?

In my opinion, Hitler could have "conquered the world" if he had done different decisions during WW2. Like not attacking USSR before conquering Britain.

I think Hitler should have conquered Britain, then attack USSR with full force. That way the end would have been very different.

Hey I've been playing a lot of Hearts of Iron IV, I know this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WWII era, having nukes and being able to drop them are 2 completely different things.

If Hitler had been successful and control all of Europe, that means the US wouldn't have had the British Isles as a place to refuel planes, set up carriers etc. The nukes on Japan only happened after the Japanese airforce had already been (mostly) defeated. So, with subs out in the Atlantic to sink carriers, I don't think the US would've been able to nuke Germany like they did Japan. At least not without the help of any resistance forces in Europe.

Scary thoughts here though...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why he wouldn't have. If he had beat Russia and england, might as well go for the rest. Ww2 is the best example of the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If Hitler conquered the whole world the impossible "worldpeace" goal would be reality after some time. Think about it for a moment.
    The type of "world peace" that you speak of would mean the complete genocide of the Jews. Thats not peace to me, thats barbarism.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Weither this is meant sarcastically or not I can't tell. but if not - then nope.

Why? Because his entire reign and rallying cry to all Germans in his campaign required one key element: An enemy for you to unite against and to blame all your problems on.

If he conquered the world, there would be nobody left to blame for everyday problems. What would've happened was his empire would simply fall apart because everybody will start blaming eachother for new stupid things. Which faction of Christianity do you belong to? Blond hair vs any other color hair? are you vegetarian or a meat-eater? (Remember, Hitler was a VERY moral vegetarian!) ect. You may think these are trivial differences, but isn't being a jewish person pretty trivial of a difference as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Weither this is meant sarcastically or not I can't tell. but if not - then nope.

Why? Because his entire reign and rallying cry to all Germans in his campaign required one key element: An enemy for you to unite against and to blame all your problems on.

If he conquered the world, there would be nobody left to blame for everyday problems. What would've happened was his empire would simply fall apart because everybody will start blaming eachother for new stupid things. Which faction of Christianity do you belong to? Blond hair vs any other color hair? are you vegetarian or a meat-eater? (Remember, Hitler was a VERY moral vegetarian!) ect. You may think these are trivial differences, but isn't being a jewish person pretty trivial of a difference as well?
    ^This. I think this is the first time i've ever agreed with Mvallas.

The type of "world peace" that you speak of would mean the complete genocide of the Jews. Thats not peace to me, thats barbarism.
    I wonder who would have been next.

I haven't seen "The man in the High Castle." Though I imagine success for Hitler would've gone something like this. Firstly, instead of invading the Soviet Union as soon as he did, he could've committed troop to the invasion of the British Isles, as opposed to trying to bombed them into submission. With the western front taken care of, he could then focus on the Soviet Union and the rest of Asia without much worry about his west. Also, you have to remember he'd have help from both Japan and Italy, (Though Italy wasn't exactly the most useful ally). Japan could've either delayed their attack on Pearl Harbor, or followed it up with an actual invasion of Hawaii. What this would do is severely hamstring the United States naval capabilities in the pacific.

With this done, the Axis could eventually take all of Europe, Asia, and Africa. They then could launch on attack on the US. Now pinching them on either side. It would still be a hard fought battle, but I imagine Germany would be able to get nuclear capabilities which they'd be able to use to bomb the US into submission.

From there, I imagine everything else would probably be rather straightforward, until only the axis remains. Now this is where it could all fall apart. I imagine Germany would annex Italy and they're gained territory, or at the very least force them into vassalage. Then Hitler might declare war on Japan. And if they manage to retain sole control of the world's nuclear devices, then it would probably end rather quickly.

Of course this is all hypothetical, and I'm not exactly a genius of military strategy, but if Hitler just fought the early war a little differently, this is how I'd imagine it would end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I wonder who would have been next.
    Well, Hitler felt that blue eyed, blond hair individuals were the perfect traits for the "perfect" race. So im sure people who didn't fit his evil vision would have been targeted next.

I don't think Hitler wanted to directly conquer the world, but he did want to conquer and Germanize a large portion of Eurasia.

Lebensraum was the idea the Nazis had for exterminating and/or enslaving Slavic peoples and replacing them with German settlers.

If the Axis had won, almost the entirety of Western Europe and Western Eurasia at least to the Ural Mountains if not to Central Russia would be under Nazi Occupation and be Germanized with any Slavs being exterminated/enslaved with other non-Slavic or Jewish ethnic groups being assimilated.

Italy likely would've expanded across all of North and the Horn of Africa while the Nazis would take control of the French and British colonies in Africa.

Imperial Japan would likely have maintained control of Taiwan and the Korean Peninsula while simultaneously annexing or setting up puppet states in Eastern Russia and China.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Germany economics was on brink of bankruptcy all the time. Only one way to keep it going was to conquer neighbors and rob them. Thrid Reich, nazims and all this shit was a byproduct. Economics is everything. Always.

Well, Hitler felt that blue eyed, blond hair individuals were the perfect traits for the "perfect" race. So im sure people who didn't fit his evil vision would have been targeted next.
    He would've been hard-pressed to pull that off though, considering he neither had blonde hair nor blue eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17